What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

9 hours ago, tyler19 said:

Jealous about those shows.

Explosions In The Sky - September in a beautiful 995 person venue. 

Sticky Fingers - October. Very cool Aussie band. Very fun live. My favorite venue in Vancouver, holds 1,150 people.

Explosions in the Sky are amazing live. Have you seen them before? If not, you are in for a treat. 

Is Sticky Fingers that Rolling Stones tribute band? My gawd, are they still around? I saw them in the early-90s. They are getting as long in the tooth as the real Stones haha.

Getting amped for tomorrow night...it's been a long 5 or 6 years since last seeing radiohead. A friend just saw them at Lollapalooza this past weekend in Chicago.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Explosions in the Sky are amazing live. Have you seen them before? If not, you are in for a treat. 

Is Sticky Fingers that Rolling Stones tribute band? My gawd, are they still around? I saw them in the early-90s. They are getting as long in the tooth as the real Stones haha.

Getting amped for tomorrow night...it's been a long 5 or 6 years since last seeing radiohead. A friend just saw them at Lollapalooza this past weekend in Chicago.

Never seen Explosions In The Sky and quite excited too. It should be the perfect venue for them.

Sticky Fingers is an Australian band. I find them hard to label. Oasis big wall of sound meets some reggae rhythms by lads who love a pint.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZSPDXxFWM

watch?v=n7ZSPDXxFWM

Edited by tyler19

On 8/3/2016 at 3:31 PM, tyler19 said:

Sam the Astronaut - Tomorrow night @ Media Club - My Kid's current band, alt pop.

Their first real show and they were good. Dirt pop at it's finest, or so my son tells me. Even though their album has been out less than two weeks, people were singing along to some of the songs. They drop a reggae groove into a song or two, very nice to see reggae mixed into pop music. 

1 hour ago, ebk said:

Tonight,  Elizabeth Cook at the Birchmere. 

Next Thursday,  Barbra. Finally. One more off the bucket list 

Babs just passed thru L.A. last week. I passed since I was busy with other shows and I just saw her a year or so ago. But I heard from my pals who did go that it was a star-studded affair.

On 8/3/2016 at 0:33 PM, Strider said:

Big week ahead...

Thursday August 4: Radiohead @ Shrine Auditorium

Friday August 5: Mac Sabbath & Haunted Garage @ Regent Theatre

Sunday August 7: Sufjan Stevens & Kurt Vile @ Hollywood Bowl

Monday August 8: Radiohead @ Shrine Auditorium

Wednesday August 10: Jeff Beck & Buddy Guy @ Hollywood Bowl

How the fuck did you get tickets to Radiohead at the Shrine? Both nights?!! You bastard. I remain pissed off I couldn't get a ticket

9 minutes ago, badgeholder said:

How the fuck did you get tickets to Radiohead at the Shrine? Both nights?!! You bastard. I remain pissed off I couldn't get a ticket

Hard work and clean living, my friend. ;)

Haha...naw, just a lot of patience. I will explain later. Right now I got another show to get ready for. Sorry you couldn't get Radiohead tix...I am still buzzing over the shows.

20160808_194347.jpg

On 8/31/2016 at 3:57 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

The Claypool Lennon Delirium from The Fillmore in Philadelphia on August 31st at 10 pm EST. :) 

You are coming to the U.S.? That is awesome! Are you coming just for the concert or are there other reasons?

On 8/30/2016 at 3:39 PM, Strider said:

Scratch that...I was just reminded I am already booked tonight for Shakespeare at the Hollywood Bowl.

Hehe....ended up going to the Go-Gos Farewell Show after all. Since Shakespeare was booked at the Bowl for two nights, I switched it to Thursday night so I could go to the Go-Gos on Tuesday.

Big month ahead...

I don't know how but somehow I am going to cram these shows into my schedule this month. Some nights might require a coin flip.

Sept. 2: Swans @ The Fonda Theatre

Sept. 3: Autolux @ The Wiltern...with The Kills

Sept. 9 or 10: ELO @ Hollywood Bowl

Sept. 11: Ray LaMontagne @ The Greek Theatre

Sept. 13, 14, or 15: Wilco @ The Ace Theatre 

Sept. 17: Brainfeeder @ Hollywood Bowl...Flying Lotus, George Clinton & P-Funk, Gaslamp Killer, Shabazz Palaces

Sept. 18: Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl

Sept. 19: Black Sabbath @ Hollywood Bowl

Sept. 24: Sigur Rós @ Hollywood Bowl or Peter Hook & the Light @ The Wiltern

Sept. 25: Lush @ The Fonda 

Edited by Strider

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Hehe....ended up going to the Go-Gos Farewell Show after all. Since Shakespeare was booked at the Bowl for two nights, I switched it to Thursday night so I could go to the Go-Gos on Tuesday.

Sooooo.....how were they??? 

5 hours ago, Ddladner said:

I may be at the Friday show.

Attending, not performing. ;) 

Now you tell me. ;):yay:

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Sooooo.....how were they??? 

Spectacular! They went out with a bang! Totally stripped their sound back to their punk roots...and busted out some songs they played in the early club days. "Screaming", "Fun with Ropes". No Kathy Valentine, alas, but everyone else was there...and looking and sounding good. Still carry a crush for Jane Wiedlin. So glad I went.