What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

^^^August was kind of epic but September has been even more incredible!

9.2 Swans @ The Fonda ???

9.3 Autolux @ The Wiltern ?

9.9 ELO @ Hollywood Bowl ???

9.10 ELO @ Hollywood Bowl ???

9.11 Ray LaMontagne @ The Greek ??

9.15 Wilco @ Ace Theatre ???

9.18 Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl ???

9.19 Black Sabbath @ Hollywood Bowl ??

9.20 Hall & Oates ?/Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings ??/Trombone Shorty ??? @ Hollywood Bowl

Still to come...

9.24 Peter Hook & the Light @ The Wiltern

9.25 Lush @ The Fonda 

9.28 Sloan @ The Roxy

9.29 Tegan & Sara @ The Wiltern

October is already filling up with Sia, Van Morrison & Tom Jones, Neil Young, Bon Iver & Patti Smith, and Alice Cooper.

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Ddladner said:

Strider, do you ever sleep!? ;) 

I hope Van Morrison puts on a good show if you go.   I was disappointed when I saw him a few months ago.  Songs were totally lifeless. 

I'll sleep when I'm dead. ;)

The last time I saw Van Morrison was incredible...it was at the Bowl and he did the entire "Astral Weeks" album. I think you can even find the live album from that show in the shops or online. But yes, I have seen some dodgy shows from Van in the past, so my fingers are crossed.

However, I am mainly going to see Tom Jones, for it has been forever since I have seen him and I want to take advantage of seeing him one last time before the Grim Reaper strikes. Jones is opening so if Van sucks I can leave early without missing Jones.

9 minutes ago, Strider said:

I'll sleep when I'm dead. ;)

The last time I saw Van Morrison was incredible...it was at the Bowl and he did the entire "Astral Weeks" album. I think you can even find the live album from that show in the shops or online. But yes, I have seen some dodgy shows from Van in the past, so my fingers are crossed.

However, I am mainly going to see Tom Jones, for it has been forever since I have seen him and I want to take advantage of seeing him one last time before the Grim Reaper strikes. Jones is opening so if Van sucks I can leave early without missing Jones.

Haha, good philosophy, Strider! :) 

Well, I'm really glad to hear that Van Morrison has had recent incredible shows, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on this one, too.  Maybe he was not feeling well when I saw him.  I'll certainly give him another chance if he comes back to this area, I love his music.  

And Tom Jones...wow!!  :thumbsup:

Seats close enough at Tom Jones for some panty throwing Strider? Ha, jk , don't answer that.  He would be fun to see- has some great songs and what a voice. You had a great concert-going September too, I see. Don't you just love Sharon Jones? I have only seen her once, would love to see her again. Hope she's doing ok health-wise. So Patti Smith is doing some touring? Oooh, Chicago, and seats left. Have to think about that. Everyone have a great Rocktober!  It's so fun to read about all these great adventures, cos it's just plain impossible to catch em all.

On September 24, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Ddladner said:

And Tom Jones...wow!!  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Tangerina said:

Seats close enough at Tom Jones for some panty throwing Strider? Ha, jk , don't answer that.  He would be fun to see- has some great songs and what a voice.

Send me your panties, ladies, and I will throw them at Tom. :D

Sorry ladies. Because of a concert logjam last Thursday October 13, I put my destiny in the hands of a coin-flip. The coin said Neil Young. So no Tom Jones and Van Morrison. Instead I paid only $50 to stand 10 feet away from Neil Young at the Fox Pomona Theatre. $50 wouldn't have even got me in the Hollywood Bowl and even if you had VIP Pit tickets for Desert Trip you still were a hundred feet from the stage.

Tonight it's another legend.

Tuesday October 18: Willie Nelson & Family @ Pantages Theatre.

1 hour ago, Wally Hood said:

On the radio today ....I won three day tickets for the 2016 US Grand Prix   , cool , but.... Saturday (Taylor Swift Concert Included)  Oh Joy! Anyone else but, Brittany woulda been a delight! Im still going for the races tho! 

Taylor Swift is preferable to Britney, in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Yeah, but the eye candy in the crowd should be nice viewing!  Have fun - I'd love to go to the Grand Prix!

It's like when I went to the Spice Girls concert...MILF Heaven.

And now for something completely different than teen poptarts...

Tonight October 18: Punk Poet High Priestess Patti Smith @ Teragram Ballroom.

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Ddladner said:

Heart...tomorrow night. Will be the third time to see them, the other two were in 1979. :P

You'll get to hear them do an encore of Zep...although they often covered "Rock and Roll" back in the old days.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

You'll get to hear them do an encore of Zep...although they often covered "Rock and Roll" back in the old days.

Yes, Rock and Roll was the encore when I saw them in 1979.  Their recent setlists have an encore of No Quarter, Immigrant Song and Stairway to Heaven.  Keeping my fingers crossed. ;) 

9 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Yes, Rock and Roll was the encore when I saw them in 1979.  Their recent setlists have an encore of No Quarter, Immigrant Song and Stairway to Heaven.  Keeping my fingers crossed. ;) 

That sounds like it would be a great show.  I've never seen Heart...  

Tomorrow, we're going to the refugee concert thing with Emmylou and Steve Earle and Buddy Miller and that Plant guy.  Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, ebk said:

That sounds like it would be a great show.  I've never seen Heart...  

Tomorrow, we're going to the refugee concert thing with Emmylou and Steve Earle and Buddy Miller and that Plant guy.  Looking forward to it.

Thanks, ebk.  Heart is good ole rock 'n roll.  I understand they are as solid as ever, and I love that they will be performing in a fairly intimate venue.

Your night sounds very nice as well...with that Plant guy and all. ;)  I don't think they are touring in my area, would love to hear your review.