What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Saw Patti Smith and Bon Iver last night at the Hollywood Bowl...with intermittent rain.

Tonight it's David Bowie and Prince's love-child Kevin Barnes and his band of Montreal @ The Regent Theatre.

How was Patti Smith?

I just scored a ticket to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club & Death From Above 1979, at the House of Blues here in Dallas on November 1. Don't know much about either band, but I've dug everything I've heard from BRMC, so it should be cool.....maybe consume a Colorado Brownie to make things interesting ?

FB_IMG_1477357866020.jpg

Edited by zepscoda

On October 20, 2016 at 9:01 PM, ebk said:

That sounds like it would be a great show.  I've never seen Heart...  

Tomorrow, we're going to the refugee concert thing with Emmylou and Steve Earle and Buddy Miller and that Plant guy.  Looking forward to it.

Hope the Plant benefit show was great!  He never disappoints! ✌?️

19 hours ago, zepscoda said:

How was Patti Smith?

I just scored a ticket to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club & Death From Above 1979, at the House of Blues here in Dallas on November 1. Don't know much about either band, but I've dug everything I've heard from BRMC, so it should be cool.....maybe consume a Colorado Brownie to make things interesting ?

FB_IMG_1477357866020.jpg

Patti was good...she was opening for Bon Iver so it was a short set, about 8 songs or so.

Dude, you should love BRMC! Totally in a Brian Jonestown Massacre/Jesus & Mary Chain/Black Angels kind of vibe. They are playing tonight in L.A. and normally I would be going. But I was out 'til 4am last night, plus several other late nights this past week and I am zonked. My feet and neck are sore from dancing and head-banging.

If I hadn't already seen BRMC in concert several times, I might push it...instead, I am taking it easy and watching the World Series.

Make sure you get to the House of Blues early enough to catch Deep Valley and Death From Above 1979...both duos are getting a lot of buzz from local press.

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:32 PM, chillumpuffer said:

There was a very interesting interview with Billy Bragg about his train Journey from Chicago to LA in last Sunday's times. I would love to do that journey and the Adelaide to Perth trip across Australia. I have very happy memories of rail trips in India

Hi CP.

The Indian-Pacific goes from Sydney to Perth, east-west and The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin, south-north.

• 3 weeks later...

November 14: Temple of the Dog @ LA Forum

One of the nicer surprises of the year was the announcement of the Temple of the Dog reunion tour...actually it's their first ever tour!

Tonight, the tour hits the Forum in Los Angeles.

Edited by Strider

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Strider said:

My first concert of 2017 is tonight.

Jan. 6: Thee Oh Sees @ Teragram Ballroom

How was Three oh Sees? I've got a few of their tunes on a playlist, totally dig them.

Looks like my next show will be The Reverend Horton Heat,  at the Gas Monkey,  later this month.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^Good choice, ebk. ?

Tonight January 26: Emanuel Ax on piano, with the Los Angeles Philharmonic @ Disney Concert Hall...Mozart and Schoenberg on the program.

Saturday January 28: Sleep @ The Fonda Theatre...with The Melvins opening.

On 1/26/2017 at 8:03 PM, Strider said:

^^^Good choice, ebk. ?

Tonight January 26: Emanuel Ax on piano, with the Los Angeles Philharmonic @ Disney Concert Hall...Mozart and Schoenberg on the program.

Saturday January 28: Sleep @ The Fonda Theatre...with The Melvins opening.

Sleep with The Melvins opening!!! What a rad show!!!

1 hour ago, cosmic_juice said:

Sleep with The Melvins opening!!! What a rad show!!!

My ears are still ringing cosmic_juice! Fookin' loud as hell...up there with the Motörhead, Buzzcocks and Swans shows I saw in the last couple years. Steve McDonald, who I have seen forever since his teenage days with Redd Cross, is now playing bass with The Melvins.

1 minute ago, Strider said:

My ears are still ringing cosmic_juice! Fookin' loud as hell...up there with the Motörhead, Buzzcocks and Swans shows I saw in the last couple years. Steve McDonald, who I have seen forever since his teenage days with Redd Cross, is now playing bass with The Melvins.

I'll have to check out Redd Cross... That Melvins bass spot is a revolving door. So envious i havent seen Sleep yet but really want to

9 minutes ago, cosmic_juice said:

I'll have to check out Redd Cross... That Melvins bass spot is a revolving door. So envious i havent seen Sleep yet but really want to

I hope the tour hits your neighborhood!

Here's a Redd Kross song for you...they had to change the spelling when the Red Cross threaten to sue.

On 1/6/2017 at 8:47 PM, zepscoda said:

How was Three oh Sees? I've got a few of their tunes on a playlist, totally dig them.

Fucking BLISTERING, as always! John Dwyer and the boys really ripped it up non-stop. The present line-up is a four-piece, with a bass player and two drummers along with John on guitar and vocals. 

The band before them, Wand, also blew my mind. They reminded me in a way of King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard. Check them out.

I bet you enjoyed Reverend Horton Heat last Friday night. He never disappoints.

On Mon Jan 30 2017 at 5:18 PM, Strider said:

Fucking BLISTERING, as always! John Dwyer and the boys really ripped it up non-stop. The present line-up is a four-piece, with a bass player and two drummers along with John on guitar and vocals. 

The band before them, Wand, also blew my mind. They reminded me in a way of King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard. Check them out.

I bet you enjoyed Reverend Horton Heat last Friday night. He never disappoints.

I missed out on seeing the Reverend..the guys I was going to see them with bailed , and I figured fuck it, we'll go another time...I'll look into Wand

13 minutes ago, Strider said:

On the same bill? That's a sweet show. Enjoy...will you be taking your grandson?

Same bill! Going with my husband; he surprised me with the tickets for Christmas! (Don't have grandchildren yet; I think you are remembering my son. He has different taste in music though!)