What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Went to see Tom Petty last night and i'll tell ya what , the opening act blew me away  - Guy Clark Jr ... jeezis ... the riffs that guy belted out rivaled anything Page , Hendrix or whomever the fuck you want to compare to. B) Great show tho , Tom Petty was .... Tom Petty. He looked so tired to me.  I guess 40 years will do that to ya.;)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Edited by Wally Hood
iunternet probs

^^^I keep forgetting, zepscoda, that you've never seen them in concert. I hope you get right up against the stage and ROCK OUT.

My ear infection is better so I'm going to my first rock show since Sigur Rós a few weeks ago.

Tonight May 3: Robyn Hitchcock @ The Troubadour Club. Robyn is a paragon of English surreal eccentricity.

Edited by Strider

11 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^I keep forgetting, zepscoda, that you've never seen them in concert. I hope you get right up against the stage and ROCK OUT.

My ear infection is better so I'm going to my first rock show since Sigur Rós a few weeks ago.

Tonight May 3: Robyn Hitchcock @ The Troubadour Club. Robyn is a paragon of English surreal eccentricity.

I will try to get at least one good vid and ofcourse some cool pics... dude are you going to see Rival Sons on this tour? They have been touring for a long time and are at their peek... blew me away on Tuesday !

On 5/4/2017 at 6:51 AM, zepscoda said:

I will try to get at least one good vid and ofcourse some cool pics... dude are you going to see Rival Sons on this tour? They have been touring for a long time and are at their peek... blew me away on Tuesday !

I caught them opening for Black Sabbath last year. It will depend on when and where their current tour takes them in L.A. as to whether I see them this year or not. They were good but I can't say that they left me breathless.

20 hours ago, ebk said:

Rhiannon Giddens tomorrow night at the Lincoln Theatre.  Looking forward to it!!

Nice to see she has cultivated a career apart from the Carolina Chocolate Drops. Enjoy!

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Nice to see she has cultivated a career apart from the Carolina Chocolate Drops. Enjoy!

What an amazing talent she is!  She does it all - plays banjo and fiddle and dances and has the most remarkable voice.  What a great evening!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hydra (reunion show) in Atlanta. They were the first progressive southern rock band signed to Capricorn label in the 70s. Same label as the Allman Brothers. They shared the stage with Lynyrd Skynyrd and many others. 

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=hydra band&sm=3

I just saw Eric Johnson at the variety playhouse (Atlanta) Thursday June 8.

R???

Edited by reids
Forgot info

On 6/9/2017 at 9:42 AM, ebk said:

Tonight - Paul Simon at at Merriweather!  

And as an added bonus, the weather is spectacular!!

On 6/10/2017 at 4:44 AM, zepscoda said:

Big Head Todd & the Monsters tonight!

Full moon over Red Rocks with no rain in the forecast 

On 6/10/2017 at 6:39 AM, Ddladner said:

Me, too! 

:gimmefive:

Lot of cool shows you guys are seeing. And jb126 saw Nick Cave the other night.

Hmmm...I saw Dead Meadow @ Satellite club Friday night. They keep getting better every time I see them.

This week's schedule:

Monday: Low @ The Globe Theatre. With Mono.

Wednesday: Phoenix @ Hollywood Bowl

Saturday: Moody Blues @ Hollywood Bowl

16 hours ago, Strider said:

Oh I am so envious!! ❤️❤️❤️

Big Head Todd and the Monsters / Collective Soul at Red Rocks was spectacular!!

THANK YOU to zepscoda for the tip that they would be playing at Red Rocks, an unbelievably gorgeous outdoor venue. The best place to see the stars, indeed! Watching the strawberry moon creeping up from the horizon next to the stage during the concert, and then rising to shine down on Red Rocks to highlight the band was a sight to behold. One that I will not forget! And both bands ROCKED the house!

I loved it so much, I will be back there tomorrow night to see Chicago / Doobie Brothers. 

And I will be wishing I were at the Bowl on Saturday. ;)

6 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Oh I am so envious!! ❤️❤️❤️

Big Head Todd and the Monsters / Collective Soul at Red Rocks was spectacular!!

THANK YOU to zepscoda for the tip that they would be playing at Red Rocks, an unbelievably gorgeous outdoor venue. The best place to see the stars, indeed! Watching the strawberry moon creeping up from the horizon next to the stage during the concert, and then rising to shine down on Red Rocks to highlight the band was a sight to behold. One that I will not forget! And both bands ROCKED the house!

I loved it so much, I will be back there tomorrow night to see Chicago / Doobie Brothers. 

And I will be wishing I were at the Bowl on Saturday. ;)

It was a perfect night for a show. Too bad we couldn't meet up. By the time we got up into red rocks it was crazy. Trying to find a place to see the show was a challenge .  We missed all of Collective Soul due to the line...I think we ended up not to far from you guys, row 58 stage left, under one of the cedar trees. Finally scored regular seats after the Greg Allman tribute. 

I'll post pics on the BHTM thread.

14 hours ago, zepscoda said:

It was a perfect night for a show. Too bad we couldn't meet up. By the time we got up into red rocks it was crazy. Trying to find a place to see the show was a challenge .  We missed all of Collective Soul due to the line...I think we ended up not to far from you guys, row 58 stage left, under one of the cedar trees. Finally scored regular seats after the Greg Allman tribute. 

I'll post pics on the BHTM thread.

Maybe next year!  :)

3 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Maybe next year!  :)

We'll be there,  already got some ideas to up our game for the tailgate party. 

Hope last night's weather was good during the show , it looked like a storm might be moving in as we flew out.

On 6/11/2017 at 6:39 PM, Strider said:

Lot of cool shows you guys are seeing. And jb126 saw Nick Cave the other night.

Hmmm...I saw Dead Meadow @ Satellite club Friday night. They keep getting better every time I see them.

This week's schedule:

Monday: Low @ The Globe Theatre. With Mono.

Wednesday: Phoenix @ Hollywood Bowl

How does Dead Meadow hold up live?  I haven't dove into their catalog yet. Sleepy Silver Door tops one of my favorite playlists. Love that tune !

Fuck it, I'm going to give them a listen for the next few hours while in the office....lol..the convenient awesomeness of streaming Spotify. 

Jackson Browne, 29th June at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.  I've been given two tickets by a total stranger who cannot attend, all through a couple of comment exchanges over at Steve Hoffman Music Forums, unbelievable generosity..