What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, greengrass said:

lol yep ... Maiden San Antonio sounds like a river taxi jaunt. But yeah , im headed that way. Compare playlists later , probably the same show you saw last night.

I am pretty sure that Iron Maiden are playing the exact same set list at each concert on this tour.  Great show, however I would have preferred a few more of the 1980's Iron Maiden songs than the newer 2000's Iron Maiden.  What I would really like to see is Iron Maiden doing the exact same set as they did on their "Live after Death" cd. 

On 6/23/2017 at 7:36 PM, kingzoso said:

On my way to see Maiden in Dallas  (get it: Maiden in Dallas).  

Hey Chris, how was the show?  I was thinking about heading down there but couldn't break free .. how was Ghost, they look pretty cool!

2 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Hey Chris, how was the show?  I was thinking about heading down there but couldn't break free .. how was Ghost, they look pretty cool!

The show was awesome.  It would have been a little better if they played "Flight of Icarus", "Revelations", "2 Minutes to Midnight" and "Aces High:.  

I did not see Ghost.  

On 6/25/2017 at 8:45 PM, kingzoso said:

I am pretty sure that Iron Maiden are playing the exact same set list at each concert on this tour.  Great show, however I would have preferred a few more of the 1980's Iron Maiden songs than the newer 2000's Iron Maiden.  What I would really like to see is Iron Maiden doing the exact same set as they did on their "Live after Death" cd. 

Either which way , i still dug that Maiden show , Ghost not so much . Yeah there should've been more of the older tunes , but i wasn't disappointed . They put on one hell of a show. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to see Zepparella last weekend up at Copper Mountain - what an awesome bunch of gals.  Talented, beautiful and very nice.  I was able to chat with them just before their sound check.  Set was a little short (they were only allowed an hour and a half) but they gave their all!  Beautiful setting and though cool, the rain passed us by.  Set list included:

Kashmir

Whole Lotta Love

Trampled underfoot

Custard Pie

The Rover

How Many More Times

The Ocean

Moby Dick

The Lemon Song

If you get a chance to see them,. DO SO!  Hard to beat Led Zeppelin done by talented and attractive women!

On 8/14/2017 at 6:06 AM, Stryder1978 said:

I went to see Zepparella last weekend up at Copper Mountain - what an awesome bunch of gals.  Talented, beautiful and very nice.  I was able to chat with them just before their sound check.  Set was a little short (they were only allowed an hour and a half) but they gave their all!  Beautiful setting and though cool, the rain passed us by.  Set list included:

Kashmir

Whole Lotta Love

Trampled underfoot

Custard Pie

The Rover

How Many More Times

The Ocean

Moby Dick

The Lemon Song

If you get a chance to see them,. DO SO!  Hard to beat Led Zeppelin done by talented and attractive women!

How do they compare with Lez Zeppelin?

I learned my lesson in August 1977 with Elvis Presley and the Lynyrd Skynyrd crash...see them when you can.

That's why I caught up with Edgar Winter, Alice Cooper, and Deep Purple earlier this week and why tonight I am seeing Willie Nelson.

August 17: Willie Nelson & Family @ The Shrine Auditorium, L.A.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

How do they compare with Lez Zeppelin?

Hi Strider,

I saw Lez Zeppelin several years ago here in Fort Collins and to be fair, I saw them when they were breaking in their new vocalist.  The guitar player for Lez Zeppelin was phenomenal and they kind of dressed in that late 60's/early 70's vibe.  Their song selection was pretty much the first 4 albums.  The rhythm section wasn't very good and the drummer was off on several songs (specifically "Rock and Roll").  The vocalist was underwhelming.  I still really enjoyed the show, I mean, come on...women playing Zep?  That's a combination that's hard to beat.    

Zepparella was very tight - the bass player and drummer don't get near enough credit.  Gretchen (guitar) is the star of the show and if you've seen YouTube clips of her solo stuff, you will see why.  I also loved their song selection - The Rover and Custard Pie which a lot of cover bands don't play.  It's too bad they had to cut their set a little short - they had other activities to attend that night.

And from a sexist point of view, Zepparella were much easier on the eyes.  When I chatted with them I told them, "Thanks again for coming out here to play and I think you are all as attractive as you are talented...and you are all VERY talented".  They really liked that!:D

Well, that sucked.

I was at the El Rey tonight to see Dead Cross, the band made up of ex-Retox members and Mike Patton and Dave Lombardo. After Secret Chiefs 3 played their opening set, there was a long wait for Dead Cross. After over an hour, the curtain parted and guitarist Mike Crain took the mic to announce that Mike Patton was gravely injured in an accident and that the show would have to be rescheduled. No word on what the accident was or how it happened. Just a quick apology and a request to keep Patton in our thoughts.

Dead Cross are scheduled to play tomorrow night in L.A. with the Melvins. No word on the status of that show.

• 2 weeks later...