Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Nathan

I have a few questions on this one:

1. Was this song always acoustic?

2. What was it's musical journey from initial conception to release on LZ III?

3. What was its first title, and what inspired the title?

4. What was the tuning for this early version?

5. Why was the early version not released officially?

I have a few questions on this one:

1. Was this song always acoustic?

2. What was it's musical journey from initial conception to release on LZ III?

3. What was its first title, and what inspired the title?

4. What was the tuning for this early version?

5. Why was the early version not released officially?

1. No, at the beginning it was an multitrack-electric guitar - song, much like SRTS. Pretty much the reverse that what happened to The Rover.

2. Uh, to make a song which uses multiple overlays in a song, so that there could be, you know, a cacophony of guitars in the song? The very same thing we finally see at the HOTH - album's TSRTS.

3. [ANSWERED] Jenning's Farm Blues. I didn't know it it's the working name at all or what's the history behind it.

4. Uh... i have no idea? What i heard in the beginning of the final mastertake of JFB Page plays some natural harmonics of EADGBE's DGE. But yeah, it would be no wonder if the tuning is a dropped d or a double dropped d.

5. I recall that Jimmy wasn't satisfied with the results: in fact he went through lot of trouble and pain to get the thing work and he complained about it during the rehearsals and takes. He later worked the melody to Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

1. No, at the beginning it was an multitrack-electric guitar - song, much like SRTS. Pretty much the reverse that what happened to The Rover.

2. Uh, to make a song which uses multiple overlays in a song, so that there could be, you know, a cacophony of guitars in the song? The very same thing we finally see at the HOTH - album's TSRTS.

3. [ANSWERED] Jenning's Farm Blues. I didn't know it it's the working name at all or what's the history behind it.

4. Uh... i have no idea? What i heard in the beginning of the final mastertake of JFB Page plays some natural harmonics of EADGBE's DGE. But yeah, it would be no wonder if the tuning is a dropped d or a double dropped d.

5. I recall that Jimmy wasn't satisfied with the results: in fact he went through lot of trouble and pain to get the thing work and he complained about it during the rehearsals and takes. He later worked the melody to Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

it is based on"waggoners lad" by bert jansch and some other dude.. the intro was lifted note for note by jimmy but everything else is original.. its a remake of that song but with a lot of original stuff in it so its all zeppelin's.. just thought my fellow led heads would find it interesting. jennings farm blues was i believe gonna be the name but it was a working title at best

The title in inspired by Bron Y-Aur a cabin the band went to in Wales for vacation.

This has already been answered actually but the answer to the question you responded to is "Jennings Farm Blues" and the inspiration is a farm Plant owned by the name of Jenning's Farm.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

What is HOTH - album's TSRTS ?

They had a lot of musical influence from spending time in Bron yr Aur, the view over the mountains and hills is just amazing.

Changed a bit since the RP and JP were there tho...it had a wind turbine recently but now has electricity off the grid and an extension!!!!The ground around the house has been levelled and hardcored.Cabin it aint.Plus the forestry has been decimated by the FC ,hopefully they'll replant soon(broadleaf please!!!!!)still a wonderful place however....just wish I could have bought it!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

"musical influence" comes in the name of Bert Jansch and John Renbourn. Who are lovely people.

and I know a guy said that up there ^ ^ ^

but I heard someone say once that "Music is never owned, it's shared. It's almost impossible to create new sounds and those who do, don't do it well"

ha ha. I think bron is better than waggoner's lad. it should have a banjo in it though.

"musical influence" comes in the name of Bert Jansch and John Renbourn. Who are lovely people.

and I know a guy said that up there ^ ^ ^

but I heard someone say once that "Music is never owned, it's shared. It's almost impossible to create new sounds and those who do, don't do it well"

ha ha. I think bron is better than waggoner's lad. it should have a banjo in it though.

The theme for the Waggoner's Lad is also unoriginal. That theme that Bert Jansch and Jimmy Page used is of unknown origin. So (hypothectially speaking... this did not ever happen nor was it suggested, as far as I know) Bert has no legal grounds to sue Jimmy for it if he wanted to, as he himself did not write the theme, and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp is, in fact, different enough from The Waggoner's Lad that the only real similarity is that unknown, unclaimed main theme.

• 2 weeks later...
The theme for the Waggoner's Lad is also unoriginal. That theme that Bert Jansch and Jimmy Page used is of unknown origin. So (hypothectially speaking... this did not ever happen nor was it suggested, as far as I know) Bert has no legal grounds to sue Jimmy for it if he wanted to, as he himself did not write the theme, and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp is, in fact, different enough from The Waggoner's Lad that the only real similarity is that unknown, unclaimed main theme.

Bert Jansch is a legend. But you are right....Bert cannot be tributed with the original writing of that music. It it based on an old English folk song. It would probably be really tough to dig it up.

i don't really care. and neither does Bert. ever heard black waterside?

And yes, Black Waterside is a great track...but Jimmy also lifted that and it became 'Black Mountain Side' barr the lyrics that Bert used. I still have so much respect for both artists.

Bert Jansch is a legend. But you are right....Bert cannot be tributed with the original writing of that music. It it based on an old English folk song. It would probably be really tough to dig it up.

And yes, Black Waterside is a great track...but Jimmy also lifted that and it became 'Black Mountain Side' barr the lyrics that Bert used. I still have so much respect for both artists.

I know Jimmy used parts from BWS, that's why I asked the question. BWS guitar part is harder that BMS. I think Jimmy just made the tune more appealing. I like them both. But I can't chose between White Summer and Black Mountain Side.

I know Jimmy used parts from BWS, that's why I asked the question. BWS guitar part is harder that BMS. I think Jimmy just made the tune more appealing. I like them both. But I can't chose between White Summer and Black Mountain Side.

I choose White Summer. That is amazing...but again there are a number of riffs in there that are lifted from Jansch. Listen to the beginning of "She moved thru the fair" by Bert Jansch and you will see where the intro of White Summer comes from. But I love White Summer...Jimmy does the Black Mountain Side riff part way through White Summer so I think you are getting both tunes in one there. :lol: Although Bonzo's playing in BMS is fantastic.

Archived