The Yardbirds

Miar

JimmyPageAndJeffBeckOctober1966West.jpg

Wow ! So Linda McCartney, she was Linda Eastman at the time, must've seen one of the rare shows where Jimmy and Jeff Beck both played guitar. I wonder. And I'm curious about the McCartney part. Was this photo not published till she'd married Paul ? Anyone know it's first publication date ?

Edited by gadgetguru

and the fangirl inside goes wild.

good god... O_o

Oh, yes that was a good one on the motorcycle with Peter Grant as Father Christmas.

It was taken alongside the World's End Pub on the Kings Road in Chelsea. Coincidentally,

several years later Swan Song Records moved into offices on the center top floor of the

building directly across the street. Pub and office building are still standing there today.

Wow ! So Linda McCartney, she was Linda Eastman at the time, must've seen one of the rare shows where Jimmy and Jeff Beck both played guitar. I wonder. And I'm curious about the McCartney part. Was this photo not published till she'd married Paul ? Anyone know it's first publication date ?

Staples High School in Westport, CT Sat, Oct 22nd 1966

This was a date booked independently of the Dick Clark Caravan of Stars tour (Gary Lewis and The Playboys / Sam The Sham and The Pharohs / Brian Hyland etc). The

support act was Chain Reaction (vocalist Steven Tyler would later achieve fame with Aerosmith).

Unless I'm mistaken, she only mentions the tour in her book 'Sixties: Portrait of an Era'

but the photo appears on pg. 49 of the book 'Walk This Way - The Autobiography of Aerosmith' ? Steven Tyler recalled this concert during the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Induction speech for Led Zeppelin. He remembers Jimmy coming out of the dressing room with the girl whom he'd been living with up to that point - Lynn Collins - and

having this incredible visual of all his clothing being thrown into the street as she

runs off with him...as she did. ;)

Unless I'm mistaken, she only mentions the tour in her book 'Sixties: Portrait of an Era'

but the photo appears on pg. 49 of the book 'Walk This Way - The Autobiography of Aerosmith' ? Steven Tyler recalled this concert during the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Induction speech for Led Zeppelin. He remembers Jimmy coming out of the dressing room with the girl whom he'd been living with up to that point - Lynn Collins - and

having this incredible visual of all his clothing being thrown into the street as she

Jimmy seemed to have tried various girls to find his true partner in those days.

And at last he found her on his 26th birthday!

It is written in Mick Wall's book that Jimmy's affair with Charlotte would remain in place a lot longer than his dalliance with the prettiest GTO.

It was,in fact, the start of the first really significant love affair of the guitarist's life, and one he would remain true to even after the band had returned to the road in America. An almost unheard of sacrifice, even for the married men in the band, for Jimmy it was a sign of something much deeper.

I think that this part is obviously true.

Staples High School in Westport, CT Sat, Oct 22nd 1966

This was a date booked independently of the Dick Clark Caravan of Stars tour (Gary Lewis and The Playboys / Sam The Sham and The Pharohs / Brian Hyland etc). The

support act was Chain Reaction (vocalist Steven Tyler would later achieve fame with Aerosmith).

Thanks for the information. Certainly since Linda's name includes McCartney not Eastman, the name credit was added after her marriage to Paul in March of 1969(unless she was a psychic). I see where her book "Sixties: Portrait of an Era" was published in 1993 and the Aerosmith autobiography in 1997. I wonder if she added that for her "Sixties" publication near the time of that book coming out or for the Aerosmith book. I just find it a curiosity since the photo had been taken about 2 1/2 years before she assumed the McCartney name.

Edited by gadgetguru

jimmypagebi.jpg

This is from when he was player of the month in 1967 Beat Instrumental. It's so interesting what he says.

Very interesting - we could have had a Jimmy Page tutorial booklet on how to play guitar! Still waiting, Jimmy. :)

That photo earlier in the thread, looks like The Yardbirds in India?! It's not possible that they toured there or anything - they couldn't have afforded that I don't imagine.

Very interesting - we could have had a Jimmy Page tutorial booklet on how to play guitar! Still waiting, Jimmy. :)

That photo earlier in the thread, looks like The Yardbirds in India?! It's not possible that they toured there or anything - they couldn't have afforded that I don't imagine.

Fireopal,

Tutorial by Jimmy Page...that would cause earthquake on the book shelves!!!!...........

No, the earlier picture(s) are not in India and I don't think it would be expen$ive, more like culture, familiarity......

The Yardbirds are on an Island....I have read Jimmy Page Bio, where Page explains as to "I have heard similar music in Mauritiana or Mauritius... before (while Page was in Brazil - making reference to Brazilian music).... I don't think Zep together ever have visited an Island like this, so I think Page was referring to these photos...

The set of pictures ...Ship/family posing are all related

and now just one more...... (yes!!! His Hotness is beautiful as always!!!!!!!)

YardbirdsAUG866.jpg

I hope they will get ready soon something like this.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
YardbirdsAUG866.jpg

Oh wow, that is a really nice one, I had never seen before. They look like they all just came from the stage, all sweaty. :D Keith looks so amazing in this one. gosh, I just love him!

~yardieluvr.

I decided to share a bit of my Yardies photos, just one for now, Its from the same photo session as another already posted.

2d8mbza.jpg

Edited by yardieluvr