The Yardbirds

Miar

PlanetPage, that article is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing that! Oh my gosh, I could sit here all day staring at pictures of the Yardbirds! Keith and Jimmy are so adorable! haha. Is the book you all are talking about, that one by Alan Clayson? I really want to get that one, I have heard it has many neat stories and photos in it.

More Yardies!

154y1wi.jpg

2duyubp.jpg

2gumoh3.jpg

I don't think this one was posted before...sorry if it was, but its one of my favorites. :D

331j3gx.jpg

~yardieluvr.

Is the book you all are talking about, that one by Alan Clayson? I really want to get that one, I have heard it has many neat stories and photos in it.

More Yardies!

~yardieluvr.

yardieluvr,

Glad you enjoyed the magazine articles and photos....I have posted extensive details of the book in Hot Pictures of Jimmy Page few days ago....The book is by Ray tedman, approx. 100 photos...but only one of Yardbirds...as here...but I love the book...very beautiful item for keepsakes.... :D

I love the Yardbirds era and their music and fashion...I would love to see Jimmy Page return to his Original Roots.....innovative, in its own right.... :D :D

Picture.jpg

I love the Yardbirds era and their music and fashion...I would love to see Jimmy Page return to his Original Roots.....innovative, in its own right.... :D :D

Yes, I agree with you. The Yardbirds and their time with Jimmy was indeed very innovative. I like to look at the evolution of that band, the way that when they had Clapton they were very blues, then Beck they went more pop, and finally with Jimmy where they became experimental and psychedelic. When he joined the band the band really changed, and in my opinion, they changed to the purest form of their musical talent. A great band.

242u1qt.jpg

352kmxk.jpg

~yardieluvr :)

Yes, I agree with you. The Yardbirds and their time with Jimmy was indeed very innovative. I like to look at the evolution of that band, the way that when they had Clapton they were very blues, then Beck they went more pop, and finally with Jimmy where they became experimental and psychedelic. When he joined the band the band really changed, and in my opinion, they changed to the purest form of their musical talent. A great band.

242u1qt.jpg

352kmxk.jpg

~yardieluvr :)

Opps, I posted twice back here! Sorry about that, must have just been excited about The Yardbirds! haha :slapface:

Anyway, more Yardies to look at---->

9k7ck8.jpg

Jimmy and Keith with some round glasses. I <3 the round glasses! (And the men in them...)

zmy0c1.jpg

~yardieluvr :D

I wish for more too.

Beautiful pic's everybody so far.... (we will have to wait for "The Interviews", wonder what Jimmy has to say about our "wishing for More"). :D :D

jbjp-2.jpg

This is too beautiful...., and this is how beautiful they were the last time...

medium_92rock.jpg

:wub: :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
yardbirds.jpg

The Yardbirds på Show Amarillo i Texas 1968. Fra venstre Jeff Beck, RC, Jimmy Page, Jim McCarty, Ernie, Keith Relf, rytmegitarist i Yardbirds, Larry Cof (TV producer), "Goodguy" George (dj). Foto: Privat

Copyright © RC Finnigan 2003

October 28, 1966 Amarillo, Texas - Tri-State Fairgrounds Coliseum

October 28, 1966 Amarillo, Texas - Tri-State Fairgrounds Coliseum

Yes, thanks for the correction...(it was rather late when I posted this pic, but yes Beck had already left..)

(this from the Mysteries Thread, tks to Steve)

There seems to be no consensus amongst The Yardbirds as to precisely when Jeff was removed from the group. In one recollection, his last gig was at the Memorial Coliseum in

Corpus Christi, Texas on 10/30/66. In another, both Dreja & Beck cite Memorial Coliseum in Dallas on 10/29/66. In a third, Jeff states he quit the first week of November '66 in Kansas (they played the Memorial Hall on 11/5/66).

By July, 1968 they split, and The New Yardbirds reformed...

ny-pic.jpg

• 1 month later...