foo fighters exploiting jimmy and jp.jones

I've got my own personal views about the need to produce Film footage of led zeppelin or led zeppelin related appearances.but now this is the icing on the cake.(or cream of the milk)How can the Foo fighters get away with having jimmy page and j.p.jones as a special guest appearance and then make a film about it.OK it may have been dave grouls best day of his life but i wouldn't have said that it justified making a movie about there appearance .Remembering that led zeppelin have very HIGH standards about there performances .(live aid performance excluded from dvd release etc)I wouldn't say that 2 songs that the foos were involved in would be justification in making a movie.I only hope that this isn't that special "Christmas "treat that fans of led zeppelin will receive in our Christmas stocking this year. http://heavymetalmusic.biz/2008/06/12/half...ic-video-movie/

I've got my own personal views about the need to produce Film footage of led zeppelin or led zeppelin related appearances.but now this is the icing on the cake.(or cream of the milk)How can the Foo fighters get away with having jimmy page and j.p.jones as a special guest appearance and then make a film about it.OK it may have been dave grouls best day of his life but i wouldn't have said that it justified making a movie about there appearance .Remembering that led zeppelin have very HIGH standards about there performances .(live aid performance excluded from dvd release etc)I wouldn't say that 2 songs that the foos were involved in would be justification in making a movie.I only hope that this isn't that special "Christmas "treat that fans of led zeppelin will receive in our Christmas stocking this year. http://heavymetalmusic.biz/2008/06/12/half...ic-video-movie/

well, i wouldnt mind seeing it, as i didnt go to the show. but perhaps the jimmy and john paul set wont even be included. i dunno, just a thought.....

Being a little harsh here aren't we?

I'm certaintly not their biggest fan, but The Foo Fighters are a pretty successful band in their own right, they did just sell out two nights performing to 86,000 people.

Page and Jones are only on for two songs, we do not know if this footage will make the cut (Jimmy may well not allow it) if it is, it may increase viewing figures for the films slightly but lets not get carried away.

Ever thought that the JP/JPJ appearance may have boosted Led Zeppelin sales as younger fans were exposed through the concert?

I'm sure the boys can look after themselves this respect, and we shouldn't worry too much about them being 'exploited'. I'd worry about something else, Global warming for instance, that's quite prevalent at the moment. Still pretty cold here though, it's not working if you ask me.

I agree with you about Grohl using Jimmy and John Paul, to some degree.

Dave Grohl's to-do list:

1. See Zeppelin at O2. [check]

2. Write a letter on Ross Halfin's site begging for a spot as Jason's "drum technician." [check]

3. Round up Jimmy and John Paul for Wembley. [check]

4. Make lots of money from Foo/Zep fan hype after Wembley. [check]

5. Get a divorce, then marry Scarlet and become Jimmy's son-in-law.[ ]

Total idiocy. You know how long it takes to coordinate the filming of a concert that big? It would've been in the works long before he knew Page and Jones were appearing. They filmed it because it was the biggest pair of shows of their career, 86,000 screaming fans at Wembley. The fact that JPJ and Jimmy made an appearance is icing on the cake, and will make a kick-ass bonus feature on the DVD.

when radio 1 played highlights of the gig this week i gather the page & jones section was missing. there's no proof they'd be included in the film.

however whether they are or not, i'm sure they're big enough boys to make the decision for themselves without being exploited.

if i were dave grohl and knew jimmy and jonesy as he does, i'd have invited them to play the gig as well. who wouldnt? it was their biggest gigs to date and they wanted to do something special for the occasion. fair play to them

I think it is neat that Grohl is such a big fan of the band. I have no problem with this. I'm just thankful the zep guys want to stay in the public eye.

Of course I'm biased as all hell and delusional enough that I'm still holding out hope for a tour and album from L.Z.

when radio 1 played highlights of the gig this week i gather the page & jones section was missing. there's no proof they'd be included in the film.

however whether they are or not, i'm sure they're big enough boys to make the decision for themselves without being exploited.

if i were dave grohl and knew jimmy and jonesy as he does, i'd have invited them to play the gig as well. who wouldnt? it was their biggest gigs to date and they wanted to do something special for the occasion. fair play to them

Obviously new to the forum but have read for a while. Decided I had to say something about this. I have no problem being a Foo Fighter punching bag.

Do you honestly think JPJ and Jimmy are gullible enough to fall for what you are suggesting? Are they new to the world of Rock and Roll? Babes in the woods? 2 men, schooled in the Rock and Roll business by Peter Grant, would fall for a promotion "scheme"? How is it they were able to lure them there? Candy? Whores?

They obviously have respect for Dave Grohl as a musician and as a person, they must enjoy his company to accept the invitation. What else do they have to gain? On the Foo board it was discussed that the Wembley gig would probably be turned into a DVD.

These shows sold out months ago without the promise of any special guests. It takes a pretty big band with a huge fan base to sell out like this. There aren't many bands out there that could fill an arena this size once let alone 2 nights in a row.

Now if I were JPJ or Page and I was reading this board full of people who thought I was stupid enough to fall for this kind of ruse, I'd be thinking they need to seek employment.

Have enough respect for 2 of the greatest musicians of all time to not question their decisions in regards to who they play. I think they know what they are doing.

Apparently they see something in Dave Grohl that they Zep Board doesn't. As incredibly respected and talented musicians, rock GODS, maybe it's time to try to figure out what they see in him.

For fuck's sake :rolleyes: Hey, let's just drag Dave Grohl through the mud. At least Alison Krauss will have some company. :blink:

You said it. God, people think they're entitled to everything! "Alison Krauss is bogarting Robert, wah wah wah," "How come Dave Grohl gets to play with them and I don't, wah wah wah..." Get a grip!!!

I really think you are getting bent out of shape for nothing.

A. Who cares?

B. If the likeness and music of JP and JPJ are used in a FF video, then it is with permission.

C. If it were released, it may be the only quality recording of the 2 songs. That alone is worth it being released.

Obviously new to the forum but have read for a while. Decided I had to say something about this. I have no problem being a Foo Fighter punching bag.

Do you honestly think JPJ and Jimmy are gullible enough to fall for what you are suggesting? Are they new to the world of Rock and Roll? Babes in the woods? 2 men, schooled in the Rock and Roll business by Peter Grant, would fall for a promotion "scheme"? How is it they were able to lure them there? Candy? Whores?

They obviously have respect for Dave Grohl as a musician and as a person, they must enjoy his company to accept the invitation. What else do they have to gain? On the Foo board it was discussed that the Wembley gig would probably be turned into a DVD.

These shows sold out months ago without the promise of any special guests. It takes a pretty big band with a huge fan base to sell out like this. There aren't many bands out there that could fill an arena this size once let alone 2 nights in a row.

Now if I were JPJ or Page and I was reading this board full of people who thought I was stupid enough to fall for this kind of ruse, I'd be thinking they need to seek employment.

Have enough respect for 2 of the greatest musicians of all time to not question their decisions in regards to who they play. I think they know what they are doing.

Apparently they see something in Dave Grohl that they Zep Board doesn't. As incredibly respected and talented musicians, rock GODS, maybe it's time to try to figure out what they see in him.

Welcome Foo for thought ,so are you saying that this; was the best version of rock and roll and ramble on that YOU'VE ever heard jimmy and john paul jones play.were the vocals and drum section on the songs PERFECT. Like i mentioned Led Zeppelin have (in the past)always had high standards in the sound quality of any recordings that they are involved in.Its no secret that Dave Groul would give anything to be on stage with led zeppelin(minus jason Bonham).Hopefully this is just a one off ;as jimmy and j.p.jones deserve more than just shearing a stage with other musicians ,as for what they see in dave groul ;is an opportunity to play there music ;but they must move on.

Welcome Foo for thought ,so are you saying that this; was the best version of rock and roll and ramble on that YOU'VE ever heard jimmy and john paul jones play.were the vocals and drum section on the songs PERFECT. Like i mentioned Led Zeppelin have (in the past)always had high standards in the sound quality of any recordings that they are involved in.Its no secret that Dave Groul would give anything to be on stage with led zeppelin(minus jason Bonham).Hopefully this is just a one off ;as jimmy and j.p.jones deserve more than just shearing a stage with other musicians ,as for what they see in dave groul ;is an opportunity to play there music ;but they must move on.

this thread is a joke - Grohl has clear Zeppelin credentials - Jones is a personal friend who has appeared on the Foos albums as a musician and producer. Page agreed to be on stage with him and looked like he had a ball.

You bloody idiots who see this as bad had better get over it!

First I haven't heard it yet except on You Tube so no clear good recording has been released yet. I can't imagine Grohl wouldn't have prepared something fierce for this as soon as he found out about it. I've no doubt they have high standards. They could play anywhere anytime with ANYONE they want to. But they don't. They chose the Foo. You are right that is no secret. It's also no secret there are plenty of others who would give anything to do it to. That doesn't mean they are going to! This isn't about what they deserve it's what two very seasoned rockers CHOSE to do.

First I haven't heard it yet except on You Tube so no clear good recording has been released yet. I can't imagine Grohl wouldn't have prepared something fierce for this as soon as he found out about it. I've no doubt they have high standards. They could play anywhere anytime with ANYONE they want to. But they don't. They chose the Foo. You are right that is no secret. It's also no secret there are plenty of others who would give anything to do it to. That doesn't mean they are going to! This isn't about what they deserve it's what two very seasoned rockers CHOSE to do.

exactly!!!!!! :)

BOOYAH!!!!

this thread is a joke - Grohl has clear Zeppelin credentials - Jones is a personal friend who has appeared on the Foos albums as a musician and producer. Page agreed to be on stage with him and looked like he had a ball.

You bloody idiots who see this as bad had better get over it!

QFT, I agree. Get the fuck over yourselves, nobody gives a shit.

If you don't like the Foo Fighters fine, but no one is making you go out and buy this, whenever it may be available.

Also, misty mountain, what makes you think *you* know what's best for the Jimmy and John?

Without Jimmy and JPJ signing a release for the footage, they will not appear in a Foo-movie.

Nice bullshit excuse for another Dave Grohl reset.

Next time start one with some basis in truth.

Jimmy Page and Dave Grohl...

Kurt Cobain must be turning in his ashes (and not of envy).

With due respect to any Foo Fighters fans out there but I do not have respect for this band.

Dave Grohl and Justin Timberlake would have been a better fit. Throw in Madonna and you got the perfect smutketeers trio.

Jimmy Page and Dave Grohl...

Kurt Cobain must be turning in his ashes (and not of envy).

With due respect to any Foo Fighters fans out there but I do not have respect for this band.

Dave Grohl and Justin Timberlake would have been a better fit. Throw in Madonna and you got the perfect smutketeers trio.

Certainly no crime in not liking Dave Grohl or the Foo Fighters, but the Timberlake-Madonna comparison is off by a very long shot.

I'll take Grohl over another Puff Daddy incident evry day of the week. ;)

Certainly no crime in not liking Dave Grohl or the Foo Fighters, but the Timberlake-Madonna comparison is off by a very long shot.

I'll take Grohl over another Puff Daddy incident evry day of the week. ;)

Yes that is ridiculous. I have no idea how you could make a comparison between the Foo Fighters and Madonna. If you need anyone to tell you what the difference is you certainly should not be listening to Zeppelin.

Can you honestly think they had no intention of filming that show before 1/2 of Zep showed up? Yes it's quite easy to call a film crew the afternoon of a show and have them prepared and ready.

Total idiocy. You know how long it takes to coordinate the filming of a concert that big? It would've been in the works long before he knew Page and Jones were appearing. They filmed it because it was the biggest pair of shows of their career, 86,000 screaming fans at Wembley. The fact that JPJ and Jimmy made an appearance is icing on the cake, and will make a kick-ass bonus feature on the DVD.

Amen brother! :beer:

Archived