Presence Album Object

Jimmy's A Legend

I was listening to my Presence vinyl again and i noticed that on the cover there was an object on the table where the family sit on the front. And on the otherside it is there again on the teacher's table and there is a drawing of it on the wall aswell, so i was wondering does it have a meaning? Or am i just wasting everyones's time again?

Storm Thorgeson of Hipgnosis, the designer of the cover, took his inspiration from the obelisk in 2001: A Space Oddessy. He felt that Led Zeppelin had a powerful "presence", as well as what my friend above said. :beer:

A bit of trivia: His first proposal for the cover featured a tennis court. Puzzled, Jimmy asked what that was supposed to mean. Storm said "Racket. Get it?". Jimmy was furious that Zeppelin's music could be referred to as racket and said "Get out!". Storm then returned with a more complimentary concept.

A bit of trivia: His first proposal for the cover featured a tennis court. Puzzled, Jimmy asked what that was supposed to mean. Storm said "Racket. Get it?". Jimmy was furious that Zeppelin's music could be referred to as racket and said "Get out!".

McEnroe went through the same tirade, when they asked him to wear a Zep shirt after he lost.

A bit of trivia: His first proposal for the cover featured a tennis court. Puzzled, Jimmy asked what that was supposed to mean. Storm said "Racket. Get it?". Jimmy was furious that Zeppelin's music could be referred to as racket and said "Get out!". Storm then returned with a more complimentary concept.

I was just thinking about that the other day and for some reason thought that it was HOTH that was the "racket" album.

I was listening to my Presence vinyl again and i noticed that on the cover there was an object on the table where the family sit on the front. And on the otherside it is there again on the teacher's table and there is a drawing of it on the wall aswell, so i was wondering does it have a meaning? Or am i just wasting everyones's time again?

I think I read somewhere that the little girl on the back cover of Presence (the teacher picture) is the same female model on Houses of the Holy (the boy on HOTH was her brother).

• 2 months later...
I think I read somewhere that the little girl on the back cover of Presence (the teacher picture) is the same female model on Houses of the Holy (the boy on HOTH was her brother).

Yes I think I have read that too.

steve jones has already made an excellent post on this subject by allowing one of the great zep collectors to comment:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...st&p=242024

:beer: this is superb information - I must admit I was unaware of most of it.

And if anybody knows of a GENUINE original for sale (in whatever condition) - please point the seller in my direction ! :)

I was just thinking about that the other day and for some reason thought that it was HOTH that was the "racket" album.

Right, 715, same Hipgnosis artist, different albums. They bounced him off the Houses project but didn't hold a grudge. It was apparently just the tonic needed for better art because when given a second chance on Presence he took a much more serious approach. Hence the Kubrikian.

Archived