Too late for tattoos?

Dancin'Days

I just got ZoSo with the Hermit above it on my right upper arm as a present to myself for reaching 50. Well, almost. My birthday is in September. Butt, like a child at Christmas, I just couldn't wait. Someone said to me this weekend "it is stupid to get a tattoo at 50". What do you think? :blahblah:

Don't see why it should be an issue. I mean, even if you got a tattoo when you were 12 you'd still have it when you were 50!

It's not an issue to me, I just think that it was an ignorant statement and I want to see what other people think. I have two other tattoos that were made with a needle and indian ink and I always wanted to have a professional one done but needed the money for other things. Now I am at the point in my life where I can afford to do things that make ME happy and not just others. Oh, by the way, getting tattoes can be addicting. I can't wait to get another! :D

I just got ZoSo with the Hermit above it on my right upper arm as a present to myself for reaching 50. Well, almost. My birthday is in September. Butt, like a child at Christmas, I just couldn't wait. Someone said to me this weekend "it is stupid to get a tattoo at 50". What do you think? :blahblah:

They're probably just jealous because they don't have the balls to do something like that themselves. Fuck 'em. Do what makes you happy, it's Your body. :D

I have 3 tats, and I've got the itch to get another.

It's not an issue to me, I just think that it was an ignorant statement and I want to see what other people think. I have two other tattoos that were made with a needle and indian ink and I always wanted to have a professional one done but needed the money for other things. Now I am at the point in my life where I can afford to do things that make ME happy and not just others. Oh, by the way, getting tattoes can be addicting. I can't wait to get another! :D

I totally agree with you that it was an ignorant statement! And yes, you should definitely do things that make YOU happy and don't worry about what other people think. Life is way too short for that!

I have one tattoo that I got when I was 43 and I have been thinking about another one ever since then. Reading this thread has made me really want another one soon, so I may just be going this weekend :lol:

Hi all,

DD! I got my first ink about 2 years ago,when I was 48,and like you a Virgo :D

Didn't do for anyone but myself and when somepne see's it asks what it says,.....

Going to get more,a Zeppelin one next,then a Harley-Davidson bar&shield,....

Good for you and FU to anyone who says a damn thing about it,... :thumbsup:

KB

Someone said to me this weekend "it is stupid to get a tattoo at 50". What do you think? :blahblah:

I think it is great you got one! My boss at work got one a few years ago for turning 50 also. She designed her own image (a turtle) and had it put on her forearm so it could be seen by everyone! Another person at work, our book keeper has 2 of them on her upper back!

I have been wanting to get a westie (I have three Westies (dogs)) one-would like it to be an image of one of mine or all three of my westies together or something. Just haven't decided where I want it at. After that I would love to get something related to Led Zeppelin too!

I don't have any tattoos myself but if that's what you want to do, I agree with what everyone else has said - just do it. :)

I learned long ago that if I spent time worrying about what other people thought about what I did, I would have missed out on a lot of great experiences.

I think, as we get older, tattoos begin to...lose their luster, perhaps?

Depends how wrinkly one gets I suppose. putting your spouses name in a heart loses its touch when the heart starts melting away if you catch my drift.

around 60 is when I say getting a tattoo is pushin it...but thats just me. Do what you will

Are you still healing?

No, I got the ZoSo three weeks ago and the Hermit last Monday and it healed really nice. I have to have the ZoSo touched up a bit. My son took my camera to the States with him so I don't have any means to take a picture. But I will get someone to take one for me.

No, I got the ZoSo three weeks ago and the Hermit last Monday and it healed really nice. I have to have the ZoSo touched up a bit. My son took my camera to the States with him so I don't have any means to take a picture. But I will get someone to take one for me.

Looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived