Zep Reunion Show To Get DVD Release

http://www.gigwise.com/news/43939/led-zepp...get-dvd-release

Speaking at an awards ceremony in London, both guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones said that they expected the concert to become available.

"I hope so one day, yeah," Page told BBC 6Music.

Although Jones echoed Page's sentiment, he said that at the moment "there is no hurry" to release it.

"It was a special occasion you know and we really wanted that just to be it really," he added.

Led Zeppelin's reunion at the O2 Arena last December was watched by 18,000 fans, although over a million people tried to register for tickets.

Thread title is a bit misleading, you make it sound like there's an official, firm release date. "I hope so one day, yeah", isn't exactly etching it in stone, you know?

oooh I hope they release it!

My reading of the tea leaves is: Yes O2 DVD = No Tour, and vice versa.

I agree. If there is a tour they would probaby shoot another show from the tour for DVD, or a compilation or something along those lines.

Of course they are going to release it, then 2 years after that, they will re-release it remastered and then it will include all the songs they rehearsed, but didn't play.....yes, there's a bit of sarcasm in there :D

http://www.gigwise.com/news/43939/led-zepp...get-dvd-release

Speaking at an awards ceremony in London, both guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones said that they expected the concert to become available.

"I hope so one day, yeah," Page told BBC 6Music.

Although Jones echoed Page's sentiment, he said that at the moment "there is no hurry" to release it.

"It was a special occasion you know and we really wanted that just to be it really," he added.

Led Zeppelin's reunion at the O2 Arena last December was watched by 18,000 fans, although over a million people tried to register for tickets.

Yeah guys, I'm sure you're in no hurry.

To the over a million who WANTED to be there................Tough Shit! <_<:angry:

Perhaps the delay would be deciding WHO will get the profits that could be astronomical. The "Fund" or the boys....... :unsure::rolleyes:

A lot of work has already been done on the Knebworth footage. One would think that project could be finished off first for a Summer 2009 "30th Anniversary" release. The

band has never seemed to agree with critics who said the performances were weak,

and the inclusion of some footage in the Led Zeppelin DVD release further proves this point.

A lot of work has already been done on the Knebworth footage. One would think that project could be finished off first for a Summer 2009 "30th Anniversary" release. The

band has never seemed to agree with critics who said the performances were weak,

and the inclusion of some footage in the Led Zeppelin DVD release further proves this point.

It was more the bootleg sources that suggested the performances were weak...

But I'm sure Page could cobble together a half decent DVD using the best bits of both nights.

I always thought the consensus was that the 4th was spot on...the business, but the 11th not so much?

Jimmy was/is particularly fond of the Knebworth shows he really was/is!!

Knebwort 4 th is ok, but Knebworth 11th is to bad! Especially for Page's performance. Unfortunately Hot Dog was the only song that sounded better on the 11th than on the 4th. All other performances from the 11th are very shitty (for Page, Bonzo was great on both nights and JPJ and RP too). So I'd be glad if they'd release the full Earls Court concert from the 24th May (with Moby Dick from the 25th).

Archived