Trampled Underfoot

Trashbag

I've yet to hear a live version where Plant sang all nine verses (besides the O2 concert). He always repeats and leaves out verses, switches them around, or has different variations of them. Anybody know of another time he's ever sang all the verses before?

I've yet to hear a live version where Plant sang all nine verses (besides the O2 concert). He always repeats and leaves out verses, switches them around, or has different variations of them. Anybody know of another time he's ever sang all the verses before?

Not sure but I think Knebworth, or Rotterdam 1980.

I would be curious to hear a live version of all the verses myself. I guess it's the not the easiest song to remember when singing live. lol I would think that maybe the first time they performed it live is when he sang all the verses. Anyone know when that was? But it's possible it didn't happen then either.

I think it's just a case of Plant not remembering all of the verses. Although, I believe he always got the first two verses correct. He seemed to like repeat the "Groovin' on the freeway" and "Feather light suspension."

I think I remember an instance at Earls Court 1975 when he sang, "Factory air-conditioned. Konis couldn't hold." A prime example of mixing up the verses, too. :lol:

I think I remember an instance at Earls Court 1975 when he sang, "Factory air-conditioned. Konis couldn't hold." A prime example of mixing up the verses, too. :lol:

I think there's a '77 version where he sings the "Come to me for service" verse twice, but hey he can do what he wants. Ha! I just wish I could see him perform that live in person. One of my absolute faves. Why couldn't him and Alison have slowed that song down instead of "Black Dog". lol Now, that would be interesting!

I think there's a '77 version where he sings the "Come to me for service" verse twice, but hey he can do what he wants. Ha! I just wish I could see him perform that live in person. One of my absolute faves. Why couldn't him and Alison have slowed that song down instead of "Black Dog". lol Now, that would be interesting!

I know he sings that same verse twice at the first Vancouver show from 75 :D

Trampled Underfoot is the best damn song to listen to while driving.

That's very true. Although, I always run off the side of the road because I'm playing Jonesy's clavinet part on my dashboard instead of holding the steering wheel. :D

I know he sings that same verse twice at the first Vancouver show from 75 :D

Yup. This is my all-time favorite, most-played bootleg, so, yes, I can also confirm that he sang "Come to me for service" twice. I could've sworn I heard a version from '75 where he sang all nine but I can't remember...God I sound like an old guy with alzheimers...no offense to anyone on this board...wait, that came out wrong...not that I think any of you guys are old with alzheimers or anything...wait...I'm just going to shut up now...*recedes into the background*

That's very true. Although, I always run off the side of the road because I'm playing Jonesy's clavinet part on my dashboard instead of holding the steering wheel. :D

Like John Candy in 'Plains Trains and Automobiles'?......lol :D my favorite part

Yup. This is my all-time favorite, most-played bootleg, so, yes, I can also confirm that he sang "Come to me for service" twice. I could've sworn I heard a version from '75 where he sang all nine but I can't remember...God I sound like an old guy with alzheimers...no offense to anyone on this board...wait, that came out wrong...not that I think any of you guys are old with alzheimers or anything...wait...I'm just going to shut up now...*recedes into the background*

My favorite show from 75 and one of the greatest Zeppelin shows ever!

Like John Candy in 'Plains Trains and Automobiles'?......lol :D my favorite part

Hahaha, yes! Exactly like that!

And then during the ending of the song, I always rapidly turn my body towards my passenger and exclaim, "PUSH!!!"

I'm a bad driver. :blink:

:lol: I always do the same thing thing!!! Once, I yelled "PUSH, PUSH!!" at the end of the song when my family was on a long car ride and my brother called me a crazy, raving lunatic phscopath! And don't worry, JRomero, I know plenty of bad drivers! B)

Archived