Finally paid off my O2 ticket today

Today is a good day. I finally paid up the last of my bill for my Led Zep ticket at the O2.

By hook or by crook I had to be there. Personally my obsession with this band begun around the time of Coda, so I just missed seeing them in the UK by about 3 years. I'm in the early 40s club, so we all love the music, but the band finished while we were too young to see them.

After all these years of wondering if they would ever play again I greeted the lottery with trepidation and joy. After missing the second ballot I greeted the lottery with frustration, distain and a heavy heart. And we all remember Harvey Goldsmith's views on bucking the system - even if the rich and famous had a totally different set of rules to us mere mortals. :angry:

I didn't use the secondary passcode route (didn't trust it), so a ticket from Ebay had to be the way forward. I had a couple of attempts, but do you remember how much they were selling for? Well out of my league, but my wife knew how desperately I had to be there, so she agreed that I could raise my cash limit.

Always tinged with risk .... meet with a total stranger to collect the ticket and wristband. Anyway, I won a ticket with my higher bidding and fortunately the seller was an absolute gentleman.

Anyway, ticket purchased late October 2007.

Ticket finally fully paid late June 2008.

We all know how amazing the show was, so I don't need to review it again here. It was worth every penny and I don't have a single regret. Lifetime experiences are worth more than mere money, don't you think?

Happy days. :D

congratulations whooo hooo less than a year....you did good. :D I mean it too debt is hurting so many families these days. So glad you made it to the show!!! i'm sure it was worth every penny. cheers on the pay-off.

congratulations whooo hooo less than a year....you did good. :D I mean it too debt is hurting so many families these days. So glad you made it to the show!!! i'm sure it was worth every penny. cheers on the pay-off.

Thanks katydidgood. :)

It really was worth every penny.

Archived