PLant/Krauss Tickets - Why are so many still available?

You guys are nuts if you think a Zep tour wouldn't sell out every show in this economy!!! Sorry to tell you, but even I a minimalist who is not rich by any means, would pay ridiculous amount to see Zep!!!! Case in point the guy who posted he just paid off his expenses to see the 02 show!!! Many of us have seen Plant solo over the yrs, but we all really want to see Zep!! I saw him twice, once good once bad, thats enough for me, especially since raising sand although good, puts me to sleep.

You guys are nuts if you think a Zep tour wouldn't sell out every show in this economy!!! Sorry to tell you, but even I a minimalist who is not rich by any means, would pay ridiculous amount to see Zep!!!! Case in point the guy who posted he just paid off his expenses to see the 02 show!!! Many of us have seen Plant solo over the yrs, but we all really want to see Zep!! I saw him twice, once good once bad, thats enough for me, especially since raising sand although good, puts me to sleep.

who said that?

yeah, the economy's bad, but no one said that or,

i missed it....

When Allison/Plant first released their album, their was a lot of media hype and buzz. She is a 20+ time grammy winner and he is the singer for Led Zeppelin. The hype was justafied. Both sets of fans ran out to buy the album and it sold a million (not that many these days). While some really liked what they heard, many more were dissapointed. Then the tour started with much early hype again, but the promoters already realized that this would not be a big deal. That is why so many shows were booked in small "intimate" venues. Now, after many shows.........many do like what they see, but again many are saying things like "Boaring" and that they did not like it that much. So now you see shows that have many open seats and the tour is not selling out even at the smaller "intimate" venues.

And beatbo.................I still have not wasted my money on a show.

When Allison/Plant first released their album, their was a lot of media hype and buzz. She is a 20+ time grammy winner and he is the singer for Led Zeppelin. The hype was justafied. Both sets of fans ran out to buy the album and it sold a million (not that many these days). While some really liked what they heard, many more were dissapointed. Then the tour started with much early hype again, but the promoters already realized that this would not be a big deal. That is why so many shows were booked in small "intimate" venues. Now, after many shows.........many do like what they see, but again many are saying things like "Boaring" and that they did not like it that much. So now you see shows that have many open seats and the tour is not selling out even at the smaller "intimate" venues.

Tis a strange sense of glee you seem to get out of this scs.You would critisise even if there was only one empty seat to suit your own miopic blinkered view.

By the way its spelt " boring" :blink:

So who are all these people you keep on about, not seen many of them on this board. Some yes, but not many, or are you using the politicians speak when many equals fuck all. There are people who were sceptical about this tour who have found that they enjoyed the shows. That must hurt for you.

I seem to get the feeling that even those who may have been sympathetic to your cause early on are strangely no longer in your wagon. I wonder why.

By the way, a million album sales these days isn't bad at all compared to how it might have been 20-30 years ago.

By the way, a million album sales these days isn't bad at all compared to how it might have been 20-30 years ago.

It sold over 2 million worldwide in really only a handful of markets(US,UK,Canada,Sweden,Norway, New Zealand) and 2 million these days is darn good

It sold over 2 million worldwide in really only a handful of markets(US,UK,Canada,Sweden,Norway, New Zealand) and 2 million these days is darn good

Don't keep confusing scs with facts like how to spell, the actual size of the venues, the amount of shows that have actually sold out, accurate sales figures, etc. it throws her off of her game.

too bad. you definitely would not have been "boared".

When Allison/Plant first released their album, their was a lot of media hype and buzz. She is a 20+ time grammy winner and he is the singer for Led Zeppelin. The hype was justafied. Both sets of fans ran out to buy the album and it sold a million (not that many these days).

i bet you didn't know this but it(raising sand) has sold more than "mothership" by...wait for it....led zeppelin!

one million is hard to come by these days, whaddaya kiddin'? (of course you aren't)

music is free to many. why buy led zeppelin 4 just to get stairway when you could torrent it (and torrent several LIVE versions as well) for free?

why don't you read? like, other people's posts instead of your own, or books, magazines, blogs. quit touching yourself to all the 6 PM's you get a night from previously banned members who don't realize how stupid you sound? (now, i didn't curse or call you stupid...i just said you sound that way)

still, as far as i'm concerned: scs=no valid opinion

If it is true that fans are feeling "betrayed" by Robert, then those "fans" need to

get over it...and get a life.

You can be dissapointed, even upset I suppose...but betrayed? Come on, that is

a little strong.

I have been reading at other places on the internet that the show is not selling like expected. I think that there is more to it then the price of gas. I do think that many fans are starting to feel betrayed by Robert.

have you seen the concert?

• 2 weeks later...

I have no interest in going to See Robert Plant Play with A Younger woman who he's obviously Infatuated with....

I'm at the point in my life where i really don't only go to Concerts any more unless it's really something worth seeing..

I'll catch Pearl Jam if they are coming by... I'll catch Bowie.... And I'd obviously go to ZEPPELIN... I even had Clapton play within 20 mintues of my house at the shore , with BB like 2 months before that and I forgot when they were playing..

I have no interest in Seeing Plant and his infatuation with the Young Country Acoustic Guitar Woman ...

It has nothing to do with feelings of Betrayal... I'm just not their target Audience.. I'm sure it's very good music.. Not for me ... If I wanted to see that I'd go see the Indigo Girls <g>

I have no interest in going to See Robert Plant Play with A Younger woman who he's obviously Infatuated with....

I'm at the point in my life where i really don't only go to Concerts any more unless it's really something worth seeing..

I'll catch Pearl Jam if they are coming by... I'll catch Bowie.... And I'd obviously go to ZEPPELIN... I even had Clapton play within 20 mintues of my house at the shore , with BB like 2 months before that and I forgot when they were playing..

I have no interest in Seeing Plant and his infatuation with the Young Country Acoustic Guitar Woman ...

It has nothing to do with feelings of Betrayal... I'm just not their target Audience.. I'm sure it's very good music.. Not for me ... If I wanted to see that I'd go see the Indigo Girls <g>

Well you know how fickle artists are. I guess Otis Redding was the same way, but what can you do?

Archived