Underappreciated shows

solar

26/4/69 San Fran - The 24th and the 27th have clearer sound but I think this is a better show and recording really lets you hear the power of the performance plus of course the first WLL in a very unique form.

7/4/70 Raleigh - Only quality recording I'v heard from the first US 70 tour and an amazing performance, if the end of the gig turned up aswell it would be one of the best ever IMHO.

25-27/3/75 LA - I'm always supprized these don't get more attension as there typically exellent Millard recordings and the best performances of the tour behind the second Seattle show for me.

26/4/69 San Fran - The 24th and the 27th have clearer sound but I think this is a better show and recording really lets you hear the power of the performance plus of course the first WLL in a very unique form.

7/4/70 Raleigh - Only quality recording I'v heard from the first US 70 tour and an amazing performance, if the end of the gig turned up aswell it would be one of the best ever IMHO.

25-27/3/75 LA - I'm always supprized these don't get more attension as there typically exellent Millard recordings and the best performances of the tour behind the second Seattle show for me.

There's also a very good audience recording from Tampa in April of 1970 as well. Great show. You should seek this one out.

Wot about the Nassau13.2.75 show??

Never seen it mentioned, yet listening to dazed on me headphones earlier BLEW ME AWAY

Ronnie Wood to boot as well?

LA Forum 24.3.75 is one of my faves too

Ally Pally 22.12.72, a terrible place for rock, yes, and the boot isnt great, BUT what storming versions of Dazed&Immigrant song

The problem with 75 is that we have so many quality SB's these days that everything else tends to get overlooked. Personally though I find the first half of the US tour a bit too samey, there are some good shows but not a great deal of the passion or the unpredictability that makes live Zep such a great listen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I think St. Louis 2-16-75 is very underated. It also has to be one of the best well balanced sound boards out there.

8/31/1971 Orlando

by far the best version of thank you, plus a really tight version of STH. only thing is the tape runs out on WLL :(. but the quality is great throughout the show. Also an electric version of SIBLY, i suggest checking it out if you haven't

:)

For under appreciated I am thinking St. Mathew's Baths Hall, Ipswich, England or something like Leceister University November 25th 1971. Soundboards of this tour would rule in my book. The set list, the length of the Dazed, and the over all vibe from the small rooms they played.

It is a nice cover. Whiskey A Go Go was a nice find

Where is that pic from? LA? I went to a concert at the Orpheum over a year ago.

Right now I have been listening to 9-6-70 in Honolulu. Kicks ass and Moby Dick is jammin.

August 11th. Stop the bitchin. This show takes hold of the fact that this was the last show of the 70's. Appreciate it for what it represented, this is what Page has always said. Zeppelin was always a statement of where the band was at that time. And yeah, if it was a fucked up druggie on lead guitar, a grieving confused lead singer, a junkie insecure drummer, a multi-intrustmentalist hiding his habits, then so be it. The end was near but noone had the nerve, compassion, caring or the thought process of how to stop it before Bonzo died.

August 11th. Stop the bitchin. This show takes hold of the fact that this was the last show of the 70's. Appreciate it for what it represented, this is what Page has always said. Zeppelin was always a statement of where the band was at that time. And yeah, if it was a fucked up druggie on lead guitar, a grieving confused lead singer, a junkie insecure drummer, a multi-intrustmentalist hiding his habits, then so be it. The end was near but noone had the nerve, compassion, caring or the thought process of how to stop it before Bonzo died.

i think you're putting too much emphasis on their state of mind at that time

insecurity, grief and addiction happen to people in all walks of life

it must be easier to conquer such demons with the security of a multi million pound bank balance and the knowledge you can take a years holiday and basically do nothing until you feel like carrying on

a luxury few of us can afford

• 3 weeks later...

Archived