'Lost' JIMI HENDRIX Album Discovered

'Lost' JIMI HENDRIX Album Discovered - July 7, 2008

World Entertainment News Network report sthat a lost album Jimi Hendrix recorded with rocker Stephen Stills has been discovered more than 30 years after it was recorded.

Stills recently found the recording among a stack of material he taped during the 1970s, and his CROSBY, STILLS AND NASH bandmate Graham Nash is helping him prepare it for release.

Nash tells the Las Vegas Sun, "He has an enormous history of recording. In the '70s, he was a recording fool. He just found a bloody album he made with (Jimi) Hendrix.

"'Oh yeah, I forgot that.' We've got to listen to that... I want to listen to every track he ever recorded in case he recorded with Al Jolson."

I have an interview with Stills from Mojo in 2005 ( the John Bonham tribute issue ) where he says that he had jams between him & Hendrix that were laying in the vaults for years but he was trying to get through the red tape to release them.

Hendrix played on Stills first self-titled solo album ( as did Clapton ) & Stills played on 2 of Jimi's tracks recorded during the "Electric Ladyland" sessions, "My Friend" & "Somewhere".

Stills played on 2 of Jimi's tracks recorded during the "Electric Ladyland" sessions, "My Friend" & "Somewhere".

Did he play bass with Jimi? I've heard some CSN stuff that has nice melodic bass - assumably this is Stills. Jack Casady played with Jimi on some of those sessions - also a very melodic bass player...

Archived