Plant being selfish again!

Is it me or is Robert Plant being extremely selfish refusing to do a reunion?? After all it was Zeppelin that made him who he is today, and after 28 years would a 6 month tour really prohibit him from finishing all the other projects he wants to do? The other members are willing to commit and give the fans what they want. Thoughts anyone?

thoughts?

the one who's being selfish is you. :rolleyes:

he doesn't owe anyone anything. well, technically he owes it to himself to do what he WANTS to do and not be forced by anyone into doing a LZ tour.

If he has to be selfLESS to tour, then I would rather him be selfish and not tour. Not saying I wouldn't love a tour, but what would be the point if all the players don't have the maximum want to do it.

To make the tour as great as possible, everyone has to want to do it, esp. Plant.

Id love to see them tour as I didnt get the chance to go to the 02 like many others here. If Plant descides not to tour then It wont make me think any less of him or the band to say hes selfish is stupid.

As Emmi said Robert Plant doesnt owe anyone anything.

I think he is being selfish, because he would be nobody w/o Zeppelin and Zeppelin fans. If he doesnt want to be associated with Zeppelin, than he should stop taking royalties and not play Zep in his shows. but he won't why? because without Zeppelin he would be nobody. your dreaming if you thin otherwise, and Steve I don't want to hear your opinion, because you are so Plant biased its ridiculous. If Plant never played Zep songs or there was no possibility of hearing Zep, even more of his concerts wouldn't sell out. I give the guy credit for doing different stuff and growing, but i don't think a few US Zep shows for a good cause should be soooo difficult for him. A full tour i don't think is a good idea, but a few shows, record them, make a DVD and than evryone can see it!

Shit posts like these are probably what makes him NOT want to tour.

Why the fuck is Robert the "Led Zeppelin Forum Scape-goat"? Maybe its the other members' fault for not moving on to other things.

I give credit to Robert for letting Zeppelin die gracefully, unlike the 'Stones, who basically ruined themselves by endlessly touring even though they're all 70 years old. Is that what you want to see? I sure as hell don't.

THANK YOU ROBERT.

I think he is being selfish, because he would be nobody w/o Zeppelin and Zeppelin fans. If he doesnt want to be associated with Zeppelin, than he should stop taking royalties and not play Zep in his shows. but he won't why? because without Zeppelin he would be nobody. your dreaming if you thin otherwise, and Steve I don't want to hear your opinion, because you are so Plant biased its ridiculous. If Plant never played Zep songs or there was no possibility of hearing Zep, even more of his concerts wouldn't sell out. I give the guy credit for doing different stuff and growing, but i don't think a few US Zep shows for a good cause should be soooo difficult for him. A full tour i don't think is a good idea, but a few shows, record them, make a DVD and than evryone can see it!

Ok, you are entitled to your opinion and I understand your disappointment, but who the heck are you to tell Robert Plant what he should or should not do and what he should or should not play?

Robert owes us nothing...

:P

Why the fuck is Robert the "Led Zeppelin Forum Scape-goat"? Maybe its the other members' fault for not moving on to other things.

I give credit to Robert for letting Zeppelin die gracefully, unlike the 'Stones, who basically ruined themselves by endlessly touring even though they're all 70 years old. Is that what you want to see? I sure as hell don't.

THANK YOU ROBERT.

:thumbsup:

excellent post.

and all you people who are saying Robert wouldn't be anything without Zeppelin? piss off! how the hell do you know that? if he'd never joined Zeppelin and had gone on to record with other bands or do solo stuff from the beginning, how do you know he wouldn't have made it HUGE?

Zeppelin wouldn't have been so big without him if you ask me! ;)

Is it me or is Robert Plant being extremely selfish refusing to do a reunion?? After all it was Zeppelin that made him who he is today, and after 28 years would a 6 month tour really prohibit him from finishing all the other projects he wants to do? The other members are willing to commit and give the fans what they want. Thoughts anyone?

It's you. Robert Plant is doing what he ought to be doing. His parents also had a role in shaping him into who he is today, and they deserve some credit. Those are my thoughts.

Robert Plant would have had an audience even without Led Zeppelin. He's a natural. Led Zeppelin is a part of him but time has understandably brought changes, as the only constant thing in life is change. He has already recently appeared with Jason Bonham, John Paul Jones, and Jimmy Page. When he is ready to perform with Led Zeppelin, if such an occasion arises, I am sure that he will be more than happy to do so. But whining and aggravating comments probably will fall on deaf ears.

Question: what would a reunion tour with a replacement drummer for the deceased John Bonham possibbly do for the legacy of Led Zeppelin?

Answer: absolutely fucking nothing. I think Robert Plant is quite aware of this and I'm glad to see that he is a man of integrity, thats INTEGRITY - look it up.

Truth is, if his heart isn't in it, it wouldn't work, anyway.

THANK YOU ROBERT.

Led Zeppelin will never die. You can't kill what genuinely moves people.

"Scapegoat" implies blaming someone for something they're not responsible for. I think it's pretty much been determined Robert Plant is in actual fact the surviving member of the band who won't yet commit to reforming. Therefore it is not scapegoating to hold him responsible. But, I'm still waiting with hope in my heart.

I respect his right to make that decision, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to be frustrated about it. Frankly, his fans need to cowboy up on that score. He can't dismiss (if not actually 'dis, as he sometimes does) millions of Zep fans AND expect them to love him for it.

If he'd come out and quit fucking with everyone, fish or cut bait, then I'll be waiting with hope in my heart to see the Three Jays. Or the two Jays. Or the one J. Meanwhile I suspect they're waiting on him just like the rest of us.

THANK YOU JIMMY, JOHN PAUL and JASON.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Usually where there's smoke, there's fire, but people will insist it's just incense burning...

I find it laughable that you think RP owes us nothing. I don't think he particularly "owes us", however I think his "ethics' on playing w/ Zep are whacked. He will take money from Zep, and Zep fans, but he won't play with Zep for them, thats my point. He's not a martyr, so dont make him out to be one. Im not saying a full tour, just a couple of shows for charity and a DVD, and he won't have to hear it. Oh boo hoo its such a travesty for RP, spare me his rich and does whatever he wants!!

I find it laughable that you think RP owes us nothing. I don't think he particularly "owes us", however I think his "ethics' on playing w/ Zep are whacked. He will take money from Zep, and Zep fans, but he won't play with Zep for them, thats my point. He's not a martyr, so dont make him out to be one. Im not saying a full tour, just a couple of shows for charity and a DVD, and he won't have to hear it. Oh boo hoo its such a travesty for RP, spare me his rich and does whatever he wants!!

why, why oh why should he have to play with Zeppelin again? so that you and people like you could shut your pieholes?

so what if he does decide to do a tour with LZ or just a few dates? some people will then go on whining they didn't play long enough sets or they didn't have enough dates or that they didn't play as well as they used to or something.. :rolleyes:

stop buying Zeppelin stuff if you don't want him having your money.

I'm sure he's got some pretty kickass reasons NOT to do the tour (for the time being at least) so we should respect that. having him do something without his heart in it would be worse than him not doing it in the first place.

wey

im not replying to if RP is selfish or not..im a new member hailing from NY and im going to use this site the way it should be used...

been a zep fan for 30 years...looking for any info on white summer/black mountain...

can anyone help me out?

thanks

sal

I don't think he particularly "owes us", however I think his "ethics' on playing w/ Zep are whacked. He will take money from Zep, and Zep fans, but he won't play with Zep for them, thats my point.

His ethics seem fine to me. I seem to vaguely recall a concert in December in London when Robert Plant performed with Led Zeppelin; Jason Bonham played on drums, John Paul Jones on bass and keyboards and Jimmy Page on lead guitar.

So it is incorrect to say that he did not play for Led Zeppelin fans in exchange for the money. He has not promised any other Led Zeppelin appearances or taken money for any such promise. Any money now taken from issues of work recorded by Led Zeppelin is fairly exchanged for CDs, DVDs or other recorded material.

I think that he owes it to us is a bit strong. As an entertainer you sometimes do things for your fans and the people and you don't always do just what you want to. How many performers have ended their careers doing the "same old thing" and they hate it every night, but the fans love it and adore them. I call that gratitude. Playing with zep again would be very far from that extreme.

I know that if anything ever happens to any of the three j's and it makes it impossible I will never forgive Robert. He could have done it but didn't...and I was at the 02. it's not just about me, the fans deserve it. Every music has it's greats and for rock and roll zep is it.

Doing some shows/small tour would make millions and millions of people very very happy. Since the time is now and the three J's are ready than if I were him I would do it. Of course I'm not him, but I can't see any good reason to not do it. He can still do the bluegrass thing and go back to it right after the zep stuff.

He should also consider how fortunate he even has the chance to do it at all. Many bands never have the opportunity that he's given right now. How long will it be available?

My three cents.

Robert Plant had a recording career before Led Zeppelin (CBS records) --- see 66 to Timbuk Too CD compilation if you don't remember his earlier work (if you're a true fan of his music) and he has had one heck of a solo career after Led Zeppelin (since 1980)...

He owes no one anything and can do as he pleases. I actually like all of his work and the fact that he wants to continue his journey into other forms of music.

If he does a one-off or more with the 3 Js, it is all Extra (and his decision).

R B)

I think that he owes it to us is a bit strong. As an entertainer you sometimes do things for your fans and the people and you don't always do just what you want to. How many performers have ended their careers doing the "same old thing" and they hate it every night, but the fans love it and adore them. I call that gratitude. Playing with zep again would be very far from that extreme.

I know that if anything ever happens to any of the three j's and it makes it impossible I will never forgive Robert. He could have done it but didn't...and I was at the 02. it's not just about me, the fans deserve it. Every music has it's greats and for rock and roll zep is it.

Doing some shows/small tour would make millions and millions of people very very happy. Since the time is now and the three J's are ready than if I were him I would do it. Of course I'm not him, but I can't see any good reason to not do it. He can still do the bluegrass thing and go back to it right after the zep stuff.

He should also consider how fortunate he even has the chance to do it at all. Many bands never have the opportunity that he's given right now. How long will it be available?

My three cents.

“I wouldn’t subscribe to that,” he says wearily. “You know, I work and work and work and work and work, and I have good intentions. And sometimes, it’s very simple, the way the media will manipulate an idea or a story. In the end, a lot of artists are moved into spaces they do not need to go by the force of others’ opinions. Every dog has his day. I had a wonderful time with the guys in December. But right now, this is what I’m doing, and it’s spectacular and a joy. In my time and my career, joy is the greatest commodity that I have.”-Robert Plant

Archived