Page/Jones/Gramm?

All this talk about a Zep reunion is obviously becoming quite old. How 'bout Jimmy and Jonesy call up Lou Gramm(Foreigner) and go out on tour maybe with some new material and do some Zep. Lou can hang and he's a huge fan of both Plant and Zep and should be pretty familiar with the material, thus not taking long to get something going. For all you completists, he even resembles Plant. I think it would go over pretty well.

If it's ok for Plant to go out with everybody and anybody and hack the songs he "holds so dear to his heart" to death, and sing She'll Be Coming Round The Misty Mountian Hop with the Soggy Bottom Assholes, then the remaining Zep members should have free license to go out and play them the way WE wanna hear them!

That's my two cents..........keep the fkn change.

All this talk about a Zep reunion is obviously becoming quite old. How 'bout Jimmy and Jonesy call up Lou Gramm(Foreigner) and go out on tour maybe with some new material and do some Zep. Lou can hang and he's a huge fan of both Plant and Zep and should be pretty familiar with the material, thus not taking long to get something going. For all you completists, he even resembles Plant. I think it would go over pretty well.

If it's ok for Plant to go out with everybody and anybody and hack the songs he "holds so dear to his heart" to death, and sing She'll Be Coming Round The Misty Mountian Hop with the Soggy Bottom Assholes, then the remaining Zep members should have free license to go out and play them the way WE wanna hear them!

Well said! :beer: to this! :wave: and to the new great stuff that JJJ (JJ? J?) will create.

Yah exactly my thoughts.

You know that Lou Gramm still has memory and other problems/challenges from the brain tumor, right? He plays live with his own band, but whether he'd be up for a major high-profile tour, I dunno.

Mr. Gramm, by all accounts, is a wonderful person but he's been through a great ordeal. This is a 2006 pic of him [on the left]:

Lou_Gramm__Don_Mancuso_19_JUL_06_East_Moline_IL.JPG

This is the silliest post Ive seen

This is the silliest thread ever.

Enough of the ring ins already.

If they ever play again great, if not too bad.

I'm just thankful for the music and the joy it gives me.

One of their endearing qualities is their ability to take risks and play what and how they want to, both collectively and individually.

At least I've seen them in the '70's at their peak and have a DVD of Ahmet's show so that'll do me.

If Robert and Alison toured here I would check them out before passing judgement on

the collaboration.

That's my two cents worth and with the price of petrol, there ain't no change.

It was just a suggestion people. If you guys think this was the silliest thread you've ever seen on here, you haven't read very many.

As far as Lou Gramm, yes I am aware of his ordeal and again it was just a suggestion. Frankie Miller slowly came back from a debilitating stroke to start playing and recording again. That is if any of you know who the hell Frankie Miller is. An offer like this might give Gramm some inspiration.

Oh, well. Sorry for the silly post. I'll just keep reading the ones about Jimmy being in fkn Melbourne and Robert being selfish and thumbing his nose at what is his bread and butter and affords him to take these "musical journeys". THOSE aren't fkn silly!

I suggest you listen to Plant's versions of Zep songs before saying they're "hacked up"

they're actually quite good. (as long as you're not insisting that he exactly replicate the LZ listening experience, which I'm pretty sure is why he isn't a big fan of a reunion tour...)

listen to something different now and then... the LZ catalog does get old after a while, especially when you've played it the same way nearly everyday for 12 years, and then people dog you about it for the next 28... I'm pretty sure the only way Plant would tour is if the band started playing the lesser known LZ songs and switched up the "hits" a bit to make them new and exciting again. but we all know the fans would riot if they didn't get their Stairway, Whole Lotta Love, Rock And Roll, Black Dog, Since I've Been Loving You, and other assorted favorites that have been played so many times that even I hit the skip button when they start playing these days...

by the way, if Plant is so rude and selfish for not playing with Zep (what was that he did in December??), then why is Lou such a good choice? that selfish guy should be playing with Foreigner! they're the bread and butter that made him who he is today!

I suggest you listen to Plant's versions of Zep songs before saying they're "hacked up"

they're actually quite good. (as long as you're not insisting that he exactly replicate the LZ listening experience, which I'm pretty sure is why he isn't a big fan of a reunion tour...)

listen to something different now and then... the LZ catalog does get old after a while, especially when you've played it the same way nearly everyday for 12 years, and then people dog you about it for the next 28... I'm pretty sure the only way Plant would tour is if the band started playing the lesser known LZ songs and switched up the "hits" a bit to make them new and exciting again. but we all know the fans would riot if they didn't get their Stairway, Whole Lotta Love, Rock And Roll, Black Dog, Since I've Been Loving You, and other assorted favorites that have been played so many times that even I hit the skip button when they start playing these days...

by the way, if Plant is so rude and selfish for not playing with Zep (what was that he did in December??), then why is Lou such a good choice? that selfish guy should be playing with Foreigner! they're the bread and butter that made him who he is today!

You've competely missed my point. I was talking about other posts that were sillier than mine.

I don't know if Gramm is the right guy for the job but, if they really wanted to do something together and got a new lead man, just think of the what they could do. Maybe a shit load of new songs, CDs, DVDs and concerts for us to enjoy. They've got the means to do it, why wait around for Robert when they could be making beautiful music.

I don't know if Gramm is the right guy for the job but, if they really wanted to do something together and got a new lead man, just think of the what they could do. Maybe a shit load of new songs, CDs, DVDs and concerts for us to enjoy. They've got the means to do it, why wait around for Robert when they could be making beautiful music.

Gramm would be a non-starter BUT I have been thinking for ages that the singer in the present Foreigner, Kelly Hansen, would do the job very well.

He is young, looks like Steve Tyler and can belt out a tune. In the Foreigner set they do about a minute and a half of Whole Lotta Love. I was at one of the Foreigner gigs in 2006 and just happened, as you do, to be standing next to Plant. When the band broke into WLL the old man went pale, a youngster has stolen his song and sounded just like him. He looked really annoyed. So for that reason alone (and I am one of those who agree with Plant's refusal to do LZ again) bring on Kelly. Obviously Jason has played with him in Foreigner so he is not a foreigner.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind doing the job myself, except I can't sing!

All this talk of singers being selfish and whatnot is rubbish.

Lou Gramm has health problems, although i hear he's stil capable of performing quite well, and has been. He left Foreigner in the first place because of creative differences with Mick Jones, who was an amazing guitarist but wanted a bunch of synth crap. Lou's voice style is not right for Led Zeppelin at all anyway.

I'd go see Page and JPJ any day, but I wouldn't call it Led Zeppelin. Plant is too much a part of the musical style. Listen to the opening wail on I Can't Quit You Baby, or Black Dog, or Dazed and Confused. Nobody else can replace him and it still be Led Zeppelin. Page and JPJ know that, too.

You know that Lou Gramm still has memory and other problems/challenges from the brain tumor, right? He plays live with his own band, but whether he'd be up for a major high-profile tour, I dunno.

Mr. Gramm, by all accounts, is a wonderful person but he's been through a great ordeal. This is a 2006 pic of him [on the left]:

Lou_Gramm__Don_Mancuso_19_JUL_06_East_Moline_IL.JPG

I saw Foreigner tour when Lou returned after his recovery (maybe 2001?) and he sang fantastically! Sadly, his surgery will always cause him medical issues and limitations.

Lou Gramm has always been one of my very favorite vocalists. I saw Foreigner in concert many times since the late 70's and Lou always gives a great performance. He does resemble Robert (though his hair was red). I would definitely see a collaboration of Gramm/Page/Jones...sounds like it would be a blast. Sadly, i doubt Lou is still energetic enough to take on such an endeavor (considering the critics).

Lou Gramm has had a long healing process due to major changes, and no doubt paces himself accordingly as he must. He is performing on selected dates this year, and he last appeared in concert on June 27. As of July 13, 2008, his website announced that the "Lou Gramm Band will be playing select dates this summer with rock legends Boston."

It was in 1996, that fate, once again, intervened. After complaining of headaches, short-term and long-term memory loss, and ironically, double vision, Gramm was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor.

“Even though it was a benign (non-cancerous) tumor,” recalls Gramm, “it was large and its presence threatened my life. I was treated by Dr. Peter Black and the staff at Brigham & Women’s Hospital in Boston, who sent me into emergency surgery. The operation was 19 hours long but the tumor was successfully removed.”

Though the threat to his life had been overcome, the condition had taken its toll on Gramm’s adrenal and his pituitary glands. “It has been a daily struggle getting back to normal, but my faith in Jesus Christ is strong, and in the end, it got me through those tough times and continues to do so.”

After six months recuperating, Gramm resumed his work with Foreigner and continued doing tours through the end of 2002. “By then, I felt it was time for me to explore other outlets that could allow me to perform more than just the hits I made with Foreigner,” says Gramm.

Gramm assembled a new band that features his two talented brothers, Richard Grammatico on bass and guitar (an original member of Black Sheep), and top session musician, Ben Grammatico on drums. Also on board is guitarist Don Mancuso, (another alumnus of Black Sheep) and keyboardist Andy Knoll.

“This line up is stripped down and very lean,” laughs Gramm, “but I like it this way. It’s a classic rock and roll band without the excess instrumentation. This is a strong group and it is wonderful to finally be working with my brothers who have always been successful and acclaimed musicians in their own right.”

“I am at the point in my life where I can really enjoy the result of my many years of hard work,” says Gramm. “I am having fun now for the first time in a long time, and I am eager to return to the studio after the current tour to start recording some new music for a couple of different album projects I have planned for the future.”

www.lougramm.com

Archived