Star Trek

IIRC, this Star Trek episode was inspired by the flower child movement of the Sixties.  The brunette female in the background was an old flame of Mr. Chekhov.  The fact that I remember this stuff is proof positive that I spent way too much time watching Star Trek reruns in my youth.

I seem to remember it as one of the rare reruns of the show. Spock also jammed on the Vulcan Harp.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

LOVE Star Trek. I actually personally prefer TNG slightly over TOS, but they're both great television, no doubt about that. I do prefer the characters of TOS though.

As for the movies, Wrath of Khan will forever be my favorite. After that it's Generations (I know a lot of Trekkies disliked this film, but I think it's really underrated).

The reboots I kind of have mixed feelings about. The first one had some good ideas, but felt too much like a generic space action picture for me. Into Darkness was utter crap, imo. But Beyond was surprisingly decent.

Anyone else not too thrilled about this new TV series? It keeps getting pushed back, and I'm not willing to pay for CBS' streaming service to watch it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Uwb9f-1487699783-1401-blog-trek_gaga.thumb.png.1e58a3bc43045572118823d67f1ca54a.png

Did Lady Gaga travel back in time to star in this 1968 'Star Trek' episode?

http://www.heroesandiconstv.com/stories/did-lady-gaga-travel-back-in-time-to-star-in-this-1968-star-trek-episode

I believe you are correct Jerry, she is wearing a poker face if I have ever seen one and it sure looks like a bad romance to me...

• 3 weeks later...

I am a dabbler in Star Trek.  But I saw one the other night, TNG, where Picard lives an entire nother life in the span of 20 minutes.  It was absolutely some of the best TV I have seen in years, just so well acted, and the story was amazingly good,  To realize that after a few years, he sort of gives up on being Picard, and concentrates on his wife on the planet and has a family...and then when he comes back and aches a bit for the life he left...just very well done TV.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:49 PM, in_the_evening said:

I am a dabbler in Star Trek.  But I saw one the other night, TNG, where Picard lives an entire nother life in the span of 20 minutes.  It was absolutely some of the best TV I have seen in years, just so well acted, and the story was amazingly good,  To realize that after a few years, he sort of gives up on being Picard, and concentrates on his wife on the planet and has a family...and then when he comes back and aches a bit for the life he left...just very well done TV.

Yes, a very poignant episode and very well acted as well.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...