Star Trek

Any fans?

I grew up around that show, my family loves it. I never really got into it until I started watching the original series and the movies a couple years back. That's what I mainly watch, I'm not really into the other stuff from the franchise.

It's hard picking a favourite character, but it really depends on what episode I'm watching. It's either Kirk, Spock, McCoy or Scotty. I love all of them though when I watch the movies...

My favourite movie is Wrath of Khan, hands down. The Voyage Home (the one with the whales) after that and I don't really care for the other ones, but I still enjoy 'em if I catch it on tv or something.

I'm really looking forward to the new movie coming out next May, it's just what the franchise needs. Great cast and the guys behind Lost and Transformers are in on it as well. I'm pretty excited for that one.

I hate Klingons. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Any episode where hand to hand combat occurred, and that "da-da-da-da-da-da-da-dun-ta-da-da" theme would start going - that would always get me fired up. Like the episode with Kirk and Spock fighting on the planet Vulcan, or when Kenghis Khan and Abe Lincoln went at it...

• 2 weeks later...

Anoter poster for the new movie was released at Vegas Con, which features John Cho as Sulu (shaded grey), Simon Pegg as Scotty (shaded red), Anton Yelchin as Chekov (shaded gold) and Karl Urban as Dr. McCoy (shaded blue).

1-3.jpg

Hopefully I'll post a better pic later when they upload 'em on the net, because they exclusivly released these posters today only at at the Vegas Con

• 2 months later...

Chekov looks...not like Chekov. At all. Oh well, at least he's actually Russian! Chris Pine looks more like Chekov than Kirk, to me, but obviously looks aren't everything in acting, so I'll go with it. Everybody looks pretty good, though, really! I'm totally looking forward to seeing Zachary Quinto as Spock and Simon Pegg as Scotty.

I'm glad the costumes still look old-school. The bridge, though, hmm...I didn't expect them to keep the old one - that's just a little too dorky - but sheesh, it looks even more "modern" than Voyager.

Here is a few pictures from the Science Museum in Seattle

A 60' show communicator and I believe tricorder and a medical scanner Mc coy used.

DSC02839-1.jpg

Kirk's Uniform

DSC02814-1.jpg

Kirk's original Command Chair 60's

DSC02812-1.jpg

DSC02813-1.jpg

DSC02810-1.jpg

Edited by alwizard03

Chekov looks...not like Chekov. At all. Oh well, at least he's actually Russian! Chris Pine looks more like Chekov than Kirk, to me, but obviously looks aren't everything in acting, so I'll go with it. Everybody looks pretty good, though, really! I'm totally looking forward to seeing Zachary Quinto as Spock and Simon Pegg as Scotty.

I'm glad the costumes still look old-school. The bridge, though, hmm...I didn't expect them to keep the old one - that's just a little too dorky - but sheesh, it looks even more "modern" than Voyager.

I think it's the hair that doesn't really suit Chekov, but I'm going by the performance instead of appearence as well. Zachary Quinto and Simon Pegg look great for the part, especially Karl Urban (McCoy) having his arms crossed in that shot. Hopefully the cast nailed their posture as well, because Pine looks great in the captains chair, very Kirk-esque.

The only thing that looks traditional on the bridge is the lamps (sitting by the red-dressed girl whos fate is pretty predictable. :o ) and the red rails surounding the bridge. We'll see more when the trailer comes out next month and hopefully there's more good things to say.

Here is a few pictures from the Science Museum in Seattle

A 60' show communicator and I believe tricorder and a medical scanner Mc coy used.

DSC02839-1.jpg

Kirk's Uniform

DSC02814-1.jpg

Kirk's original Command Chair 60's

DSC02810-1.jpg

Wow! Thanks for posting these, those are great pics. Are those displays still up in the science musuem? That would be very cool to see. B)

Edited by Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

I think it's the hair that doesn't really suit Chekov, but I'm going by the performance instead of appearence as well. Zachary Quinto and Simon Pegg look great for the part, especially Karl Urban (McCoy) having his arms crossed in that shot. Hopefully the cast nailed their posture as well, because Pine looks great in the captains chair, very Kirk-esque.

The only thing that looks traditional on the bridge is the lamps (sitting by the red-dressed girl whos fate is pretty predictable. :o ) and the red rails surounding the bridge. We'll see more when the trailer comes out next month and hopefully there's more good things to say.

Wow! Thanks for posting these, those are great pics. Are those displays still up in the science musuem? That would be very cool to see. B)

Yes I was just there a couple of weeks ago also have the terminator original exoskeleton,

R2D2,the Robot from lost in Space, a cylon from Battlestar Gallatica and the Dog looking creature from Buck Rogers also The cone Head mask from the Movie and The little robot from Buck Rogers.

and lots of other stuff.The Museum is located in the same Building as the Seattle music Experiance

and right next door to the Space Needle.You can kill a good portion of a day there.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are three "trailers" now at :

http://www.startrekmovie.com/

One is a Teaser Trailer

Another is the "Trailer"

And another is a TV Spot which is taken from the "Trailer".

One place listed as a filming location is Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park, Agua Dulce, California,

I may check this movie out at the IMAX Theater. I have never yet seen a feature film at the IMAX.

I'm hopeful that it will at least as much acting as action.

Spock looks good.

But the Kirk character.... I hope I'm not dissapointed with Chris Pine's acting, as I was with Mark Wahlberg's under-acting, in The Planet Of The Apes....

Funny, how the Swiss, Beligum, and the French get May 6th Release Dates ? ? ?

But, the Special "World" Premiers are not yet noted....

http://www.startrekmovie.com/releasedates/

Edited by The Rover

• 10 months later...

The dvd for the new Star Trek movie comes out Tuesday Nov 17. My daughter manages a video rental store and brought home the movie. It has an extra disc that has lot's of cool extras on it. Yes, I'm a trekkie. Have been since the orginal series was on tv in the 60's when I was a kid. My hubby is and by default out daughter is. She has actually met Chris Pine a couple of times. A real nice guy. His fan club call themselfs the "Pine Nuts". Anyway, we will be watching the movie this weekend. Time to get the popcorn out. :munchies: