Kingdom Come

Dancin'Days

Why would I like a band that totally rips off Zeppelin yet claims they never listened to them (well at least that's what they claimed on MTV back in their day)?

Yeah...more often than not, I saw this group referred to as Kingdom Clone. And there was a reason for that, lol...

;^)

They may be a clone but Lenny Wolf sounds more like Robert Plant than Robert Plant has in the last twenty years.

There's your answer to the "how do we reform Led Zeppelin if Percy doesn't want to play anymore?"

Close your eyes and you'd never notice the difference.

both of them suck.....

from lenny wolf's kingdom come website:

"the band enjoyed the attention of the press, was seen on several music magazine covers, and didn't care much about the comparisons with led zeppelin. unfortunately, a comment by lead guitarist danny stag made things change to the opposite effect. after month and month of being compared to the almighty zeppelin, the band started to hate talking about it or justifying themselves. during a coffeeshop visit, danny, in his usual humor, joked around by saying "who is jimmy page?" some creativewriter looking for anything to sell, overheard his comment and started a very negative story regarding KC saying they never heard of led zeppelin."

from jimmy pages interview on 'rockline' 1988 (paraphrased):

what do you think of bands today sounding like zeppelin?

jp: it's a bit flattering, i suppose. do you mean 'get it on' and all that? well, that's a little too close. the guy says he never heard of zeppelin. must be something to grow up in america and never hear led zeppelin. maybe i visited him psychically or something..."

The HEADING of the TOPIC is about 'KINGDOM COME', which was Arthur Brown's Band in the '70's.

It is NOT all about YOU or your answer!!!!

The full topic is Kingdom Come: If you like Zepp you'll like these guys. Then the thread starter posted 3 youtube vids of Kingdom Come the Zepp clone of the 80's. I replied TO THAT!

What in the Mcfuck do you not comprehend about this?

Jeez. Come in on sunday, we'll show you how a forum works!

As cheesy as the song is, I admit that "What Love Can Be" has grown on me (SIBLY Part 2). It reminds me of seeing them back in 1987 on the "Monsters of Rock" tour (Van Halen, Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions, and these lads). WLCB is one of the few songs I really remember by them that day.

I used to own the cassette but after the Zep comments and such I threw it away and have never listed to them again.A message to the wannabees out there if You plan to clone the Zep at least admit it and pay the proper respect or disapear into obscurity like these idiots.Case closed.

I used to own the cassette but after the Zep comments and such I threw it away and have never listed to them again.

:lol: I can't picture you throwing the cassette against the wall like mad, Al. :lol:

Can I share a secret with you? shhhh... pls do not tell anyone...I still have the LP and cassette :o

What can I say? A sin of my teenage years. character0009.gif

The crave for Zep was so intense at that time, that I needed to have a "surrogate" every now and then!

I think they were a pretty good band for being a band coming from the hair band years.. Regarding guitarist Danny Stag's comment about Zeppelin, who can blame him, he must've heard the Zep comparison to death by the time he made the comment..

My ex dated Danny Stag. Said he had a limp weiner from too much coke.

Anyway, I think Ozzy and Gary Moore said it best.

Led Clones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrDUMEshxHU

That was hilarious.I never heard that one.How did I miss that one?

I like the intro to WLL on violins at the end, almost has a Kashmiresque ring to it,AWESOME!!!

• 10 years later...