Has The Ahmet Tribute Show Changed The Way You Feel About Certain Songs?

Hi everyone. I posted in another thread for top 3 songs from all Led Zeppelin albums. After listening to all Led Zeppelin studio albums again, I rearranged my top 3 albums (something that I thought I would never do after all these years).

So, this has caused me to think about Led Zeppelin and their Ahment Tribute performance and I wondered if anyone who had been there or had seen/hear it had changed the way they feel/or think about the songs that were played?

As for me.....

1. For Your Life - I never gave this song much of a chance prior to the show, but since then I have given it more respect and wondered why this wasn't played live before. I still cannot get December's screen shots out of my head when I listen to this song.

2. Dazed And Confused - I saw/heard many live versions and knew of the legend, but did not appreciate it until seeing the guitar god himself in action at the O2. I cannot get the image of Jimmy reaching to the heavens with the bow surrounded in a green hue out of my head every time I hear this song.

3. The Song Remains The Same - Again under appreciated until the show.

4. Kashmir - Love the song, but my passion waned when Puff Daddy/Puffy/Sean Coombes.. got his hands on it. But the O2 brough back my respect.

Hi everyone. I posted in another thread for top 3 songs from all Led Zeppelin albums. After listening to all Led Zeppelin studio albums again, I rearranged my top 3 albums (something that I thought I would never do after all these years).

So, this has caused me to think about Led Zeppelin and their Ahment Tribute performance and I wondered if anyone who had been there or had seen/hear it had changed the way they feel/or think about the songs that were played?

As for me.....

1. For Your Life - I never gave this song much of a chance prior to the show, but since then I have given it more respect and wondered why this wasn't played live before. I still cannot get December's screen shots out of my head when I listen to this song.

2. Dazed And Confused - I saw/heard many live versions and knew of the legend, but did not appreciate it until seeing the guitar god himself in action at the O2. I cannot get the image of Jimmy reaching to the heavens with the bow surrounded in a green hue out of my head every time I hear this song.

3. The Song Remains The Same - Again under appreciated until the show.

4. Kashmir - Love the song, but my passion waned when Puff Daddy/Puffy/Sean Coombes.. got his hands on it. But the O2 brough back my respect.

Puff Daddy must have been puffing too much on that reefer when he performed fragments of Kashmir with Pagey. ROCK ON!

You're absolutely right re: "For Your Life." I always liked this song, but for some reason never thought of it as one of their best songs, yet hearing it live (via cell phone clips on YouTube), made me realize how amazing this song is, and made me wonder what other Zeppelin songs (that they never played live) have that same potential?

I also liked "Good Times Bad Times." The extra power from Bonham/Jones in the live version really brought this song to another level (like "For Your Life").

"Nobody's Fault" was also very heavy and I liked it better than the 1979 live version!

I like what he did with the digitech whammy pedal on Trampled Underfoot. I always felt that song needed a little something extra, and that did it. Plus the octave shifting at the end of Kashmir.

Also, the mid-set "downplayed" version of Stairway was refreshing. I prefer a lengthier solo, but I think a back to basics Stairway is a good thing.

Archived