Led Zeppelin owes us a tour!

if the band went on tour because they felt it was their duty then the shows would not be good. they'd be playing because they had to, without their hearts truly in it. so despite the fact i desperately want to see them i only want to if its something they all really want to do. because only then will the music be at its best!

Led Zep does owe us a tour. Simply because they can.

They don't owe us anything, and I don't think you're one to judge whether they can or not.

Robert needs to get over himself and remember the fans that put him were he is.

Robert should do whatever he pleases. I would also say that he's currently somewhere else than where Led Zeppelin fans put him. I'm sorry to say that, but if you really think that he owes you something, you should get over yourself first.

if the band went on tour because they felt it was their duty then the shows would not be good. they'd be playing because they had to, without their hearts truly in it. so despite the fact i desperately want to see them i only want to if its something they all really want to do. because only then will the music be at its best!

I agree, and that's why I said they'll make the right decision. If they don't want to do any more shows or if their hearts are not truly with it they shouldn't do it and I also think they wouldn't do it then. But secretly I hope that they'll be totally blown away by it and that they truly want to go on!

For all of you who think Led Zep owes us noting I disagree. The way it looks to me there's only one person in the way of a tour and thats Robert. So because of that I think Robert is selfish. I know the fans want it. I want it. So I'd have to say its 50 million to one on the tour question. So the way I see it Robert needs to get over his problems and give us a tour for the road. This chance may never happen again the way I see it. I know they're going to do what ever they want but I going to complain until I have it my way.

Deluded,

BD

For all of you who think Led Zep owes us noting I disagree. The way it looks to me there's only one person in the way of a tour and thats Robert. So because of that I think Robert is selfish. I know the fans want it. I want it. So I'd have to say its 50 million to one on the tour question. So the way I see it Robert needs to get over his problems and give us a tour for the road. This chance may never happen again the way I see it. I know they're going to do what ever they want but I going to complain until I have it my way.

Deluded,

BD

wood%20door%20knob.jpg

full_head.jpg

I'll echo what others have said - they owe us NOTHING and I feel immense gratitude for what they have given me and millions of others - the gift of their music that has been with me in Good times and bad.

If they choose to tour because THEY feel it's right, fantastic. If they don't, it's equally fine.

Deluded,

BD

But they're still real people with their own free will. As much as we love them we are not in the position to give them orders. If they don't want to do it, and even if it's just Robert, it's their right to do so. Forcing people to something isn't fun and I doubt the outcome of this would be as great as we'd expect it to be. I'm convinced that the O2 will be great because they want to do it, not because it's "just" a reunion. Why don't you rather hope that they'll be so moved by the whole gig that they really want to go on instead of saying they should no matter what?

Deluded,

BD

well the problem with trying to convince Robert, or anyone in the group for that matter, is that each one of them are in the best position to make the decision.

Not us.

I'm sure there's not much we can say as fans to Robert that could change his mind. The reason is that he already knows everything we would tell him.

It probably all just sounds like this:

Dear Robert and the rest of the guys,

we love you. come do Led Zeppelin again because you're the greatest.

-The Fans

What nags we must sound like.

Oh Zeppelin forum.. Good old predictable Zeppelin forum, your endless righteous pontificating is something I look forward to when I'm not painting or hammering them nail. I'm with the poster of the thread, and I'm feeling ornery. Hee Haaw.

Zeppelin owe me personally. They owe me a tour of America. Why? Because I said so, that's why.

Bring to me your diatribes, and I will whittle them down to this. One man's opinion is as good as the next. My opinion is Zeppelin owes ME PERSONALLY. Why? Because I said so. again. HA.

I'm looking forward to the next ten pages... :wave:

Oh Zeppelin forum.. Good old predictable Zeppelin forum, your endless righteous pontificating is something I look forward to when I'm not painting or hammering them nail. I'm with the poster of the thread, and I'm feeling ornery. Hee Haaw.

Zeppelin owe me personally. They owe me a tour of America. Why? Because I said so, that's why.

Bring to me your diatribes, and I will whittle them down to this. One man's opinion is as good as the next. My opinion is Zeppelin owes ME PERSONALLY. Why? Because I said so. again. HA.

I'm looking forward to the next ten pages... :wave:

Now we're talking. We have made them millions. Now I want to make them more. They owe rokarolla and I, the rest of you can give Robert a pass. This about Robert not the rest of the Led Zep guys.

Ornery ours,

BD

Bollocks! Zeppelin gave us everything that has brought us to this place. How much more do you want? What's "enough"? For pity's sake, they're at the age that any hard working individual should be given the right to retire and enjoy the fruits of their labors in peace, yet they continue to be vital, creative musicians. They should have the right to pursue whatever their passions be. What the hell did you give them? Bought their albums cause you liked them? Made them rich? Blah, blah, blah!Nobody twisted your arms! They've earned the right to do as they please. Our being here bears that out. If they decide to tour, that's a gift, not a payment.

Oh, and it was Jonesy, not Robert who was the lone holdout for the reunion. Robert's full of enthusiasm. Get off Robert's ass for once. It was about timing, not desire.

Deluded,

BD

Robert is very giving of himself and generous. Occasionally some of the fans may be demanding, selfish and spoiled, thinking they have the right to whatever they want. Btw, Robert, if you have any problems you need help working through, you just let me know.

Bollocks! Zeppelin gave us everything that has brought us to this place. How much more do you want? What's "enough"? For pity's sake, they're at the age that any hard working individual should be given the right to retire and enjoy the fruits of their labors in peace, yet they continue to be vital, creative musicians. They should have the right to pursue whatever their passions be. What the hell did you give them? Bought their albums cause you liked them? Made them rich? Blah, blah, blah!Nobody twisted your arms! They've earned the right to do as they please. Our being here bears that out. If they decide to tour, that's a gift, not a payment.

Oh, and it was Jonesy, not Robert who was the lone holdout for the reunion. Robert's full of enthusiasm. Get off Robert's ass for once. It was about timing, not desire.

I'm asking Led Zep to reach down deep and pull one more out of the hat. Something they can do easily. Poor Led Zep. They have 2 or 3 fans who think they owe them. Love is not rational. Thats why I say they owe me. Sorry you don't like it.

By the way, Robert is the hold out for a tour which is what this is about.

BD

Led Zep does owe us a tour. Simply because they can. Robert needs to start thinking about all the fans who love them. I'm not talking about "like" them but LOVE them. I don't think its to much to ask. They are able and most of them are willing from the looks of it. Robert needs to get over himself and remember the fans that put him were he is. Remember we love them and would like some of there love back. We're human and need the love, just look back at all the posts. I think not doing a tour is selfish. They are the rock gods for this and last generation and many to come. I know they're human. The point is the music they made is more than amazing. I don't think John Bonham would mind a tour. I bet he would have wanted more and would have loved to see his son fill in his shoes.

Bottom line is: Robert you owe Led Zeppelin and us more. Remember "we walk the miles" missing Led Zeppelin!

4. Thank You

BD

And sir what is it you do for a living? When you are in your latter years would you want to be remembered for only 10 short yrs of your life??? There's a reason why true artists continue to make new music and broaden their musical horizons. Even if they never reach the pinnacle they once reached.....it's all about being creative. The ones that are content with a glimpse of being on top for a moment and riding that wave for the rest of their lives are missing out. IMO you have it all wrong. It's Plant and JPJ that have carried on the Zep torch of "Ever Onward", while our beloved Mr Page rests firmly in the lazy boy chair of his past. Sad but true.

None of them owe anyone anything. However, if they are true artists, they owe it to themselves to create for as long as their minds and bodies will let them. It's up to them if they share it with the rest of the world. And they can do as they wish.

Led Zep does owe us a tour. Simply because they can. Robert needs to start thinking about all the fans who love them. I'm not talking about "like" them but LOVE them. I don't think its to much to ask. They are able and most of them are willing from the looks of it. Robert needs to get over himself and remember the fans that put him were he is. Remember we love them and would like some of there love back. We're human and need the love, just look back at all the posts. I think not doing a tour is selfish. They are the rock gods for this and last generation and many to come. I know they're human. The point is the music they made is more than amazing. I don't think John Bonham would mind a tour. I bet he would have wanted more and would have loved to see his son fill in his shoes.

Bottom line is: Robert you owe Led Zeppelin and us more. Remember "we walk the miles" missing Led Zeppelin!

4. Thank You

BD

This is unbelievable.

Then you go on to say you love them.

They don't owe us a damn thing, any of them. The end.

And sir what is it you do for a living? When you are in your latter years would you want to be remembered for only 10 short yrs of your life??? There's a reason why true artists continue to make new music and broaden their musical horizons. Even if they never reach the pinnacle they once reached.....it's all about being creative. The ones that are content with a glimpse of being on top for a moment and riding that wave for the rest of their lives are missing out. IMO you have it all wrong. It's Plant and JPJ that have carried on the Zep torch of "Ever Onward", while our beloved Mr Page rests firmly in the lazy boy chair of his past. Sad but true.

None of them owe anyone anything. However, if they are true artists, they owe it to themselves to create for as long as their minds and bodies will let them. It's up to them if they share it with the rest of the world. And they can do as they wish.

Once again, Poor Led Zep. They have millions who will pay homage whether or not they tour. And if they don't I'm not going to be any less a fan. I also know they can do whatever the hell the want to do. By the way, going on tour would not stop the creative work if they chose to do it. Who says the can't do both? I see this as the last chance for someone who has never seen Led on the road. They owe me because I love them. This is about me not them. If they do a one night stand why not 4 or 5 more to thank the fans. Do it to pay respect to the fans that gave them their lazy boy chairs.

Whole lot of love,

BD

BD

"The conveyer belt of expectation is bullshit. If people don't talk about a tour, anything is likely. The more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody." -Robert Plant in Rolling Stone on the newstands right now. These two sentences says it all. Quit asking for a tour. He strikes me as person who doesnt like to be pushed. Keep insisting and it just might backfire on you and there will never be a tour. He has every right to feel this way. The pressure to pull off 02 must be tremendous. I would definitely go see them if they toured but it would be insane and childish to demand that they give me what I want.

Archived