L.A. 1977 vs Earls Court 1975

snapper

Personally, I find the L.A. Forum shows from '77 more enjoyable than the Earls Court shows,

I'm not saying they're better, but I do like them more.

They played 6 out of 7 nights at the Forum and all of these performances were very good/great.

They seemed rather subdued and careful at Earls Court although they did have some of their greatest moments, but the energy they had at the '77 Forum shows was something to behold.

I also prefer the L.A. '75 shows over Earls Court, I don't know what it is, but Led Zeppelin always seemed to be at their best in L.A.

Personally, I find the L.A. Forum shows from '77 more enjoyable than the Earls Court shows,

I'm not saying they're better, but I do like them more.

They played 6 out of 7 nights at the Forum and all of these performances were very good/great.

They seemed rather subdued and careful at Earls Court although they did have some of their greatest moments, but the energy they had at the '77 Forum shows was something to behold.

I also prefer the L.A. '75 shows over Earls Court, I don't know what it is, but Led Zeppelin always seemed to be at their best in L.A.

75 LA was not that good IMO very sloppy. Earls court is amazing.

I can speak from experience since I saw one of The Forum shows on 23 June 1977. That show was great! ROCK ON!

YOU MISERABLE RAT BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

(I'm just jealous beyond all hope! :lol:)

That was the best of the bunch. You are one lucky soul! :D

I pick the Earls Court shows every time. I don't know why... just something about them just feels different to me than the other shows. Although my favorite 'No Quarter' is from June 21, 1977 in L.A. But I do agree that they always seem to put more into it whenever they played L.A. Maybe it was because of the "Badgeholders". J/K! B)

This is one of those subjects that always bites me in the ass when I talk about it. 6/21 and 6/23/77 are among my top five favorite Zeppelin gigs. I even have a vinyl boot of 6/23 which is smokin' hot.

The thing that hurts the most is the fact that on June 23rd, 1977 I was celebrating my birthday a mere 45 minutes from the Forum. Trouble was, I was only 7. :P

Had I been 17 I can assure you I would have been partying my ass off in Inglewood.

This is one of those subjects that always bites me in the ass when I talk about it. 6/21 and 6/23/77 are among my top five favorite Zeppelin gigs. I even have a vinyl boot of 6/23 which is smokin' hot.

The thing that hurts the most is the fact that on June 23rd, 1977 I was celebrating my birthday a mere 45 minutes from the Forum. Trouble was, I was only 7. :P

Had I been 17 I can assure you I would have been partying my ass off in Inglewood.

Thats ok "DragonOfDarkness," I was at The Forum on 23 June 1977 and I did enough partying for everyone including yourself. ROCK ON!

Thats ok "DragonOfDarkness," I was at The Forum on 23 June 1977 and I did enough partying for everyone including yourself. ROCK ON!

Doubt it. If you did, you wouldn't remember the show. ROCK ON!

Yea? And I thought Destroyer wasnt any good. Everyone loves it but I don't.

Destroyer is OK for a few songs, but not the best of 1977 to be sure. Trampled Underfoot is particularly good though.

Now, as far as LA 75 vs. EC goes- I like the loose fun of the LA shows. The EC shows sounded a bit more "formal" to me. Of course they're all great in their own way.

Destroyer is OK for a few songs, but not the best of 1977 to be sure. Trampled Underfoot is particularly good though.

Now, as far as LA 75 vs. EC goes- I like the loose fun of the LA shows. The EC shows sounded a bit more "formal" to me. Of course they're all great in their own way.

I'm with you on that. LA has a great feel about it

• 2 weeks later...
Yea? And I thought Destroyer wasnt any good. Everyone loves it but I don't.

Destroyer was my 1st Zep boot, Someone in my Army Barracks gave it to me. It was an incomplete cassette tape recorded from the Album that had mistakenly been credited to Seattle. The other side of the tape had part of the 88' reunion, and 85' reunion. I was completely blown away by the destroyer songs. Trampled, Ten yrs gone, Acoustic set, no Quarter and thats all there was, I could tell it was a substandard concert, but for years I had had the whole studio colletion, and TSRTS concert and was burned out and that was how I got into Boots. My very next boot was the 71' BBC show. Given to me from the same person. It must have been recorded from a great album, or the broadcast, because it sounded better and fuller than the official release on CD. There is a 2nd Destroyer 4-28-77 aud recording. Outstanding show! One of the best on the tour! Now to the 77' vs 75' question? I will take LA77' anytime. 6-21, 6-23, 6-25. Wish they were proffesionaly video'd. Just have to suffer thru Seattle to really see what they were like. The reason I pick 77, is Achilles, Nobodies Fault, Acoustic set w/ Battle of evermore, Kashmir is played more maturely, better mix or something. But as far as 75' goes, I like the openers, RR/Sick again, trampled, and I am a Dazed and Confused fanatic! 5-24 is one of the best. But I like a lot of them in 75'!

• 5 years later...

Robert Plant's voice was much improved in L.A. (Just compare Sick Again from all the shows). Jimmy was playing more tighter, especially in the 21st and 23rd. Bonzo's drums sounded heavier and were more precise and badass (e.g The Song Remains The Same). Jonsey's good in any Led Zeppelin show! So I have to go with L.A.

And since we are on the topic of Earls Court, I personally think the 24th and 25th are a bit too overrated and that the 18th was a better show than both of them.

And since we are on the topic of Earls Court, I personally think the 24th and 25th are a bit too overrated and that the 18th was a better show than both of them.

Bollocks. The 18th was a mere warm up. The sound was a bit off and they were rusty. The 24th and the 25th are both tremendous shows but I'll take the 25th, purely for the reggae touch in CB and Jimmy shaking hands with the crowd

I'll have too go with EC, LA '77 is of course amazing but Jimmy's playing at EC is a little bit tighter, Plants voice is at it's best since the end of '72(albeit after a couple of songs as warmup) and I also really like the mood and plantations at EC, having video of it helps too of course

Archived