NFL BANS NAUGHTY CHEERLEADERS!

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow hard core die hard ZEPPELIN fanatics? I'm still here at the bar shit faced and probably won't be heading home until whenever. For all of you NFL fanatics, here is a question for you.

This rule went into effect last year and will still be in effect this year so here it goes: All NFL Cheerleaders who decide to be naughty by flaunting their wares in front of the visiting teams will be banned by the NFL. What this means basically is that home teams are not permitted to tell their beautiful cheerleaders to warm up, stretch, or otherwise do anything in front of the visiting teams bench that might distract the players before the game. The cheerleaders are also not permitted to participate in any halftime show that might be inappropriate for younger viewers. I would like to get your opinions and thoughts concerning this topic so please enlighten me. ROCK ON!

I would like to get your opinions and thoughts concerning this topic so please enlighten me. ROCK ON!

It doesn't bother me one way or the other. I don't see any half-time 'shows' anyway... on the tv, it's all a re-hash of the first half interspersed with scads of ads for beer and tires, an attempt to convince the viewers that their brand of <insert name of product> tastes great, is less filling, AND has the longest tread life.

The NFL likes to market itself as "family friendly" entertainment, and this is clearly a ploy

aimed at increasing female viewership/attendance. If only their players could stay out of

police blotters (shootings, rapings, dog fighting, etc).

Steve, on that I totally agree with you. Have one on me. :beer:

~~~~~~~~~~

As a female 'sometimes viewer' I can say that I'd much rather see the cheerleaders bouncing their boobs and shaking their endzones than see those guys who go shirtless and paint themselves in team colors or slogans, or whatever. I always wonder if they're as stupid and obnoxious as they look (the shirtless guys, not the cheerleaders).

The NFL likes to market itself as "family friendly" entertainment, and this is clearly a ploy

aimed at increasing female viewership/attendance. If only their players could stay out of

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I'm still drunk from last night especially since the party did not end until 8 A.M. this morning. I met this girl Julie at the bar last night and we continued the party at her place until early this morning. Enough of that, your opinion hit right on the nose. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Its always good to hear from the human encyclopedia himself. ROCK ON!

It doesn't bother me one way or the other. I don't see any half-time 'shows' anyway... on the tv, it's all a re-hash of the first half interspersed with scads of ads for beer and tires, an attempt to convince the viewers that their brand of <insert name of product> tastes great, is less filling, AND has the longest tread life.

Steve, on that I totally agree with you. Have one on me. :beer:

~~~~~~~~~~

As a female 'sometimes viewer' I can say that I'd much rather see the cheerleaders bouncing their boobs and shaking their endzones than see those guys who go shirtless and paint themselves in team colors or slogans, or whatever. I always wonder if they're as stupid and obnoxious as they look (the shirtless guys, not the cheerleaders).

How's it going "Lake of Shadows?" (Or should I call you Ms. Bitch?) I respect your opinion, thanks for your answer. ROCK ON!

Sadly, my favorite team doesn't have cheerleaders. Thank goodness teams like Miami, San Diego, and Oakland have great cheerleaders. Notice, I intentionally left out Dallas for you ZFF :P

How's it going "3hrsoflunacy?" How could you leave Dallas out, now I feel neglected! Ha Ha! Oh well, at least we still have Petra Nemcova and Led Zeppelin. I'm almost afraid to ask you how you would feel if Petra Nemcova became a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. Or better yet, how bout even a Miami, San Diego or Oakland Cheerleader? ROCK ON!

Yeah, I wonder why that is? And the same with the NBA too for that matter.

That's why I like NASCAR.

Yeah, I wonder why that is? And the same with the NBA too for that matter.

That's why I like NASCAR.

How's it going "Del Zeppnile?" You do have point with NASCAR, however the drivers do settle their differences on the track and a few heated arguments at times. I still love it though. ROCK ON!

R.I.P. Ralph Dale Earnhardt, Born 29 April 1951, Died 18 February 2001 at age 49.

How's it going fellow hard core die hard ZEPPELIN fanatics? I'm still here at the bar shit faced and probably won't be heading home until whenever. For all of you NFL fanatics, here is a question for you.

This rule went into effect last year and will still be in effect this year so here it goes: All NFL Cheerleaders who decide to be naughty by flaunting their wares in front of the visiting teams will be banned by the NFL. What this means basically is that home teams are not permitted to tell their beautiful cheerleaders to warm up, stretch, or otherwise do anything in front of the visiting teams bench that might distract the players before the game. The cheerleaders are also not permitted to participate in any halftime show that might be inappropriate for younger viewers. I would like to get your opinions and thoughts concerning this topic so please enlighten me. ROCK ON!

That sucks. What guy does not love cheerleaders? :P:P Everyone wanted to date them at school and most of the ones at the ball games are scary hot. That's too bad. There are are lot worse things on tv to be a bad influence on kids than pretty women dancing around.

That sucks. What guy does not love cheerleaders? :P:P Everyone wanted to date them at school and most of the ones at the ball games are scary hot. That's too bad. There are are lot worse things on tv to be a bad influence on kids than pretty women dancing around.

How's it going "spats?" I know how you feel and I feel your pain, it just doesn't seem fair huh? ROCK ON!

Stick to your Jimmy stalking and stay out of something you know nothing of.

Hear me BOY?

You are a CAD SAJ.

Family friendly,my ass.

It's the NFL.What do you possibly know about rivalry? If you go to Wiki,I'll know.

Stick to Jimmy stalking,it's what you know best.

Eating seems to be what you do best. We saw your profile photo once and wondered how did you get so fat so fast while living inside a trailer. Must be the moonshine.

Must be.....by the way,who's "we" ?

You cry to the mods like the little girl that you are.Bitcheyes.

You don't put a photo out there cuz you know you'll be hunted like the little fox that you are.Sly and the Family Jones.

Jimmy's hotel stays are such good writing prowess! I can't wait to read your bible. :rolleyes:

I've been to about 10 NFL games in my life. I would say half of those games were freebies, including one Super Bowl. I'll never go to another game in my life. There is a really weird vibe at football games with all sorts of trash talk and intimidation if you root for the visiting team. Even if I am a fan of the home team I find it obnoxious. No thanks. I live in Redskins country and pray they lose every week.

National Football League - 2007 Season

Just in time for the final week of the NFL regular season, here's a heartwarming tale of a dad, his 13-year-old son and a trip to a Redskins game. Meet Dick Meyer of the Washington Post, who contends that the level of public aggression, drunkenness and lewdness in the stands these days is at an all-time high. In fact, after his son was flashed by high school cheerleaders and doused with several brands of beer at Redskins Stadium, he compares NFL fan behavior to the decline of ancient Rome.

When the Redskins scored their first touchdown, four young women — I'm guessing they were in high school — turned around and did a little stripper's dance that made my son blush as I cringed. Even putting aside their ages, it was too cold to bare flesh. Within 10 minutes of kickoff, I knew I had made a terrible mistake taking my son to the game.

So far it doesn't sound too bad. Meyer disagrees.

I suppose depravity is a strong word. But what better describes drunken adult men, egged on by other grown beer-swillers, belly-shouting the most spectacular obscenities imaginable as they stand next to a 13-year-old boy? Every play was a competition to produce a more vile insult or a different suggestion about which Bear body part might be stuffed up which orifice.

I don't see many games outside of San Francisco, where the only real controversy occurs when the guy seated in front of you refuses to remove his top hat. Apparently things get a little rowdier when you move east; beginning in, say, Oakland? Are making the stands more family-friendly something for Roger Goodell's to-do list? Or are NFL fans behaving exactly the way nature intended?

--------------------------------------

Are you getting the bigger picture now, hillbilly?

Yeah, because that's worse than any "football" game in England or Europe.

How about that "picture", hooligan?

He is not overweight by North Carolina standards.

He may not hail from NC. Probably there on account of outstanding warrants elsewhere.

Anyway, nuts like him do bring this brillant film to mind, indeed they do:

Oliver Stone's Talk Radio a Triumph

Eric Bogosian and Stone Team Up to Write a Powerhouse Film Based on Bogosian's Stage Work

Eric Bogosian modified his one-man stage show approach for the big screen in this angry film based on real-life talk show host Alan Berg. Bogosian's manic screen presence and tortured rants deserved far better acclaim-the film is hardly given a mention when critics discuss director Oliver Stone's work. Stone barely needed to direct Bogosian, except perhaps to reign him in long enough to let the supporting cast show their considerable skills. John McGinley, Michael Wincott, Ellen Greene and Alec Baldwin all shine in Talk Radio.

The most surprising element of Talk Radio comes only when the viewer realizes that most of the film takes place in the imagination. Bogosian does his monologues from the comfort of a Dallas radio station, but the tension is ratcheted up to unbelievable levels as racists, clueless morons and well-meaning weirdos all try their best to match wits with the angriest radio host in America.

One of the funniest sequences in this dark masterpiece is the scene where Bogosian trades a series of clichés with one of his more clueless callers. The catch is, the caller really believes in the clichés and doesn't realize that "It's always darkest before the dawn" is a direct jab, not a nod of agreement. Stone keeps things moving as a more menacing caller comes in right behind the chirpy, cliché-loving dimwit.

Race is one of the hot topics in the film. Bogosian gives a hard time to bigots, and overly race-concious rednecks. One chilling moment features a gravel-voice caller informing Bogosian about "what happens to Jews". In lesser hands, this could degenerate into overblown nonsense, but a total disregard for both political correctness and bigot coddling make the racially charged material effective and compelling. Oliver Stone deserves a good deal of the credit for atmosphere and some visuals that seem to take inspiration from Orson Wells. There is a bit of Citizen Kane-style camera work here used to good effects when Bogosian isn't screaming at his callers, or his boss when the radio show goes off the air.

To reveal the life and times of the real-life Alan Berg would ruin the film for newcomers, but it's sufficient to say that the movie is more of a parable based on Berg's life. The film doesn't set out to accurately portray the details of Berg's life. To learn the particulars of the real life talk show host this film is based on, try the book "Talked To Death" by Stephen Singular.

Critics may have overlooked talk Radio, but dvd rental and cable television gave the film a new life. For Bogosian, who got his start playing bit roles in cheeseball 80's sitcoms like Sledgehammer, the film is a triumph. It's a real shame it only wound up as a footnote in Oliver Stone's career. After humble beginnings with corny horror films like The Hand and an acting role in The Battle of Love's Return, Talk Radio was an anomaly for Stone, who next directed Born on the Fourth of July and The Doors.

This rule went into effect last year and will still be in effect this year so here it goes: All NFL Cheerleaders who decide to be naughty by flaunting their wares in front of the visiting teams will be banned by the NFL. What this means basically is that home teams are not permitted to tell their beautiful cheerleaders to warm up, stretch, or otherwise do anything in front of the visiting teams bench that might distract the players before the game.

As long as they are allowed to warm up somewhere, otherwise I foresee a problem with injuries, in which case perhaps someone should ban the NFL.

So am I to understand your threatening my family and I on Led Zeppelin's official forum?

Not at all Steve.You come across as God's gift to Led Zeppelin.Why wouldn't you want everyone to see you in YOUR glory?

Scared? I mean, when your book comes out everyone will see you for who you are.Or aren't.

Will Led Zeppelin (Jimmy)approve you as their storyteller?

Are you THAT secure with yourself?

If you are infering that I'm an idiot because I'm from the south

you won't get far with that Steve.I know you're smarter than that.

Not at all Steve.You come across as God's gift to Led Zeppelin.Why wouldn't you want everyone to see you in YOUR glory?

Scared? I mean, when your book comes out everyone will see you for who you are.Or aren't.

Will Led Zeppelin (Jimmy)approve you as their storyteller?

Are you THAT secure with yourself?

If you are infering that I'm an idiot because I'm from the south

you won't get far with that Steve.I know you're smarter than that.

Thanks for that important clarification, which may suffice to keep your account from being vaporized.

You may have me confused with a woman in Wales; I never said I was writing a book.

You should know others have been asking that I do so for over a decade now. Would

it get picked apart? Sure, all books do. Would it be the best Jimmy Page biography

published to date? I'd leave that for the readers to decide. I like the way you put it

to me as a challenge. I just might take you up on it. We're not getting any younger.

SAJ is the resident ego of the board. Don't you dare insult his intellect. He knows all. Don't question it.

If true, how do you explain my catch phrase "Collaboration is the key"...?

Everyone wants an audience with The King. I'm simply not in the mood for insults.

He may not hail from NC. Probably there on account of outstanding warrants elsewhere.

Anyway, nuts like him do bring this brillant film to mind, indeed they do:

racists, clueless morons and well-meaning weirdos all try their best to match wits with the angriest radio host in America.

You wish you were the"angiest radio host in AMERICA"......but it'll never happen,little Stevie!

Archived