NFL BANS NAUGHTY CHEERLEADERS!

ZeppFanForever

National Football League - 2007 Season

Just in time for the final week of the NFL regular season, here's a heartwarming tale of a dad, his 13-year-old son and a trip to a Redskins game. Meet Dick Meyer of the Washington Post, who contends that the level of public aggression, drunkenness and lewdness in the stands these days is at an all-time high. In fact, after his son was flashed by high school cheerleaders and doused with several brands of beer at Redskins Stadium, he compares NFL fan behavior to the decline of ancient Rome.

When the Redskins scored their first touchdown, four young women — I'm guessing they were in high school — turned around and did a little stripper's dance that made my son blush as I cringed. Even putting aside their ages, it was too cold to bare flesh. Within 10 minutes of kickoff, I knew I had made a terrible mistake taking my son to the game.

So far it doesn't sound too bad. Meyer disagrees.

I suppose depravity is a strong word. But what better describes drunken adult men, egged on by other grown beer-swillers, belly-shouting the most spectacular obscenities imaginable as they stand next to a 13-year-old boy? Every play was a competition to produce a more vile insult or a different suggestion about which Bear body part might be stuffed up which orifice.

I don't see many games outside of San Francisco, where the only real controversy occurs when the guy seated in front of you refuses to remove his top hat. Apparently things get a little rowdier when you move east; beginning in, say, Oakland? Are making the stands more family-friendly something for Roger Goodell's to-do list? Or are NFL fans behaving exactly the way nature intended?

--------------------------------------

Are you getting the bigger picture now, hillbilly?

How does this column relate to the NFL getting tough on team cheerleaders who show more than somebody thinks they should? This column described excellent examples of tacky and boorish fan behavior. The 'cheerleaders' who did a striptease were fans in the stands, not NFL team cheerleaders.

How does this column relate to the NFL getting tough on team cheerleaders who show more than somebody thinks they should? This column described excellent examples of tacky and boorish fan behavior. The 'cheerleaders' who did a striptease were fans in the stands, not NFL team cheerleaders.

I'm just guessing that it's the irony that the cheerleaders are now censored while the fans run wild! I've been to games where brawls almost broke out. Not as bad as soccer but...the fan base is pretty wild, I think that the cheerleader distracting the other team is the least of the worries. And what about that anyway? If those players can't focus on the game that's their issue!! Yeah, blame the cheerleaders for missing that play, "I was so distracted by those legs....and all that STRETCHING....and stuff....ya know!" :hysterical:

I'm just guessing that it's the irony that the cheerleaders are now censored while the fans run wild! I've been to games where brawls almost broke out. Not as bad as soccer but...the fan base is pretty wild, I think that the cheerleader distracting the other team is the least of the worries. And what about that anyway? If those players can't focus on the game that's their issue!! Yeah, blame the cheerleaders for missing that play, "I was so distracted by those legs....and all that STRETCHING....and stuff....ya know!" :hysterical:

Hut one...hut two...ready on the right: 87 on the left,15 dive on two....set set hike....

Legs? did you say legs? Any Boobs in there?I love a good boob.....Set, hut one hut two, hike a boob to me ....... :rolleyes:

I'm just guessing that it's the irony that the cheerleaders are now censored while the fans run wild! I've been to games where brawls almost broke out. Not as bad as soccer but...the fan base is pretty wild

The NFL cannot compel fan behavior to change, but they are taking measures to show

their corporate sponsors, families, and fans in general that the product on the field is

not objectionable.

The NFL cannot compel fan behavior to change, but they are taking measures to show

their corporate sponsors, families, and fans in general that the product on the field is

not objectionable.

Are cheerleaders now objectionable? Wow! Maybe they should just put a little more clothing on them :rolleyes:

Are cheerleaders now objectionable?

Cheerleaders have not been deemed objectionable, but the practice of having home team cheerleaders warming up, stretching, or performing in front of the visiting team bench has been. They are also not permitted to participate in any halftime show that might be inappropriate for younger viewers. It isn't difficult to see logic here, given

the problems in the stands.

Cheerleaders have not been deemed objectionable, but the practice of having home team cheerleaders warming up, stretching, or performing in front of the visiting team bench has been. They are also not permitted to participate in any halftime show that might be inappropriate for younger viewers. It isn't difficult to see logic here, given

It is necessary to warm up and stretch to prevent physical injuries. Just how constrictive is this rule going to be?

Where do the visiting team cheerleaders warm up? I'm failing to see the logic in any of this. If it's inapproriate to have them participating in half time activities then isn't it inappropriate to have them period?!

Cheerleader are atheletes themselves, who can dance. I like to watch their routines. I don't get it.

Where do the visiting team cheerleaders warm up? I'm failing to see the logic in any of this. If it's inapproriate to have them participating in half time activities then isn't it inappropriate to have them period?!

Cheerleader are atheletes themselves, who can dance. I like to watch their routines. I don't get it.

I do, it's a bunch of dumb men making stupid rules. Either that or uptight women who are jealous of the cheerleaders' good looks.

You know those aren't dancers or cheerleaders making those rules, because they usually know better than to risk injury. Now they'll have to hide while they are doing their warm-ups and maybe have to wear a black veil covering everything to appeal to everyone's puritanical dumbness. Pretty soon they'll look more like cloistered nuns than football cheerleaders.

Maybe they should just stand there and look stupid like everyone else and forget about moving.

I don't have a problem with their new rules for cheerleaders, etc. and I've already stated my dislike for certain behavior in the stands. I guess I don't see the 'logic' of assuming that less flaunting by cheerleaders will have much effect on the drunken jackasses who act like... drunken jackasses.

I'd rather see bouncing boobs than have one of those air horn things sounding off in my ear every 5 minutes. Better yet, I'll just watch the game on tv. *shrugs*

Apparently you don't get it. Let's try again. You've got pigs in the stands. When the

home team cheerleaders conduct activities in close proximity to the visiting team it

fuels the problems in the stands. Secondly, the NFL will no longer permit cheerleaders

to participate in half-time shows which are inappropriate for young children.

Apparently you don't get it. Let's try again. You've got pigs in the stands. When the

home team cheerleaders conduct activities in close proximity to the visiting team it

fuels the problems in the stands. Secondly, the NFL will no longer permit cheerleaders

to participate in half-time shows which are inappropriate for young children.

Yer right...I don't get it. :unsure:

If the halftime show is inappropriate for young children what difference does it make whether the cheerleaders are participating in it or not?

Cheerleaders are cheerleaders...why do the hometown cheerleaders lead to problem in the stands if the visiting cheerleader don't? I mean, are they booing them and trashing them and thowing shit because they represent the competition?

Seahawks set standard for NFL fan rules

Friday, August 8, 2008

Opinions / Seattle Post-Intelligencer

The NFL announced its new code of fan conduct this week, and it basically bans drunks and behavior described as unruly, disruptive, illegal and irresponsible. It also won't tolerate swearing, flipping the bird and harassing fans from the other team.

So how will that impact Qwest Field, where the 12th Man has given the Seahawks one of the NFL's best home-field advantages?

Not much. For the past four years, the Seahawks have had their own code of fan conduct, and all of the NFL's new rules had already been enforced at Qwest Field. The NFL used the Seahawks' model as an example for the rest of the league.

"We've had a very aggressive program creating awareness to make the environment suitable for everyone," team spokesman Dave Pearson said.

Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke knows there are exceptions in the crowd, saying: "There are those who wreck the game experience for someone else. We still have work to do. But the vast majority has a good experience."

Leiweke points to a 97 percent renewal rate of season tickets as evidence.

"The stadium was built for everyone," he said. "People should be able to sit anywhere and have a good experience. We're serious about it."

The Seahawks have teams of alcohol monitors that look for drunks and eject them if they're too hammered. They also run alcohol-responsibility videos during the games, and this year every other seat will have a yellow sticker stating what the expectations are from Seahawks fans when it comes to cocktailing and behaving themselves.

Colts Applaud NFL Move To Quash Cheerleader 'Distraction'

Colts Players Say They Approve Of Move

POSTED: 7:16 am EDT September 27, 2007

UPDATED: 8:10 am EDT September 27, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS -- Cheerleaders have become the latest target, or possible scapegoat, in the National Football League's efforts to stop sideline distractions.

The league has issued a new rule about what cheerleaders can and cannot do outside an opposing team's locker room, 6Sports' Dave Furst reported.

There has not been a public announcement on the issue, but an internal memo sent to all of the league's teams spelled out the new policy, which bans cheerleaders from stretching or warming up in front of the visiting team's lockers.

"We played down in Tennessee, and it was like something from a movie," said Indianapolis Colts cornerback Marlin Jackson. "You come into the locker room and they're lined up stretching. I was like, 'What's going on here?' It's like something from 'The Longest Yard.' They're in here stretching. We're trying to get warmed up. I think that's a good rule to have."

The Tennessee Titans cheerleaders have followed this cheerleader warmup routine for the past couple of seasons, with little effect on the single players, according to several Colts 6Sports talked with.

"You might (do a double-take) but you're more focused on the task at hand," said Colts cornerback Kelvin Hayden.

"There's been cheerleaders since peewee football," said Colts free safety Antoine Bethea. "We're here for business. We're here to work. So, if that's what they decide to do, we're just going to go out there and play football."

Married Colts players said the cheerleaders have had less effect on them than anybody else in the locker room.

"I don't know anything about it. If I did, I probably wouldn't care to comment on it," said Colts linebacker Rob Morris, with a laugh. "I didn't even know there were cheerleaders in the NFL."

The policy leaves cheerleaders' jittering and gyrations for the fans, something Colts players said is where it should be.

Six NFL teams don't have cheerleaders.

You knew it was coming...and now...here's the rest of the story...

Posted: 08/07/2008

NFL teams implement fan code of conduct

NFL.com

The NFL and all 32 NFL clubs have created a fan code of conduct to help promote a positive fan environment at NFL stadiums, it was announced Tuesday.

The fan code of conduct is designed to set clear expectations and encourage a stadium environment that is enjoyable for all fans. Teams may add additional provisions to the standard code based on local circumstances or preferences. Each team will communicate its code of conduct during the preseason to season-ticket holders and fans through mailings, online, and in-stadium signage, and other messages.

"The in-stadium experience is critically important to the NFL, our clubs and our fans and it will be a major focus this season," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "We are committed to improving the fan experience in every way we can -- from the time fans arrive in the parking lot to when they depart the stadium. We want everyone to be able to come to our stadiums and enjoy the entire day."

The code of conduct is intended to address behavior that detracts from the gameday experience. Any fan in violation of these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games.

In addition to the fan code of conduct, the NFL and its clubs will evaluate fan feedback and existing programs to ensure their effectiveness and shape the development of new programs.

These measures are designed to build on the many outstanding programs already in place at NFL stadiums to enhance the fan experience.

Fan code of conduct

"The National Football League and its teams are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:

» Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature.

» Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.

» Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.

» Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field).

» Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel.

» Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans.

"Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games."

You knew it was coming...and now...here's the rest of the story...

Posted: 08/07/2008

NFL teams implement fan code of conduct

NFL.com

The NFL and all 32 NFL clubs have created a fan code of conduct to help promote a positive fan environment at NFL stadiums, it was announced Tuesday.

The fan code of conduct is designed to set clear expectations and encourage a stadium environment that is enjoyable for all fans. Teams may add additional provisions to the standard code based on local circumstances or preferences. Each team will communicate its code of conduct during the preseason to season-ticket holders and fans through mailings, online, and in-stadium signage, and other messages.

"The in-stadium experience is critically important to the NFL, our clubs and our fans and it will be a major focus this season," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "We are committed to improving the fan experience in every way we can -- from the time fans arrive in the parking lot to when they depart the stadium. We want everyone to be able to come to our stadiums and enjoy the entire day."

The code of conduct is intended to address behavior that detracts from the gameday experience. Any fan in violation of these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games.

In addition to the fan code of conduct, the NFL and its clubs will evaluate fan feedback and existing programs to ensure their effectiveness and shape the development of new programs.

These measures are designed to build on the many outstanding programs already in place at NFL stadiums to enhance the fan experience.

Fan code of conduct

"The National Football League and its teams are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:

» Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature.

» Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.

» Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.

» Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field).

» Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel.

» Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans.

"Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games."

I hate the laugh police ;)

The NFL teams should not be allowed to use cheerleaders unless they provide sufficient access for warm-ups to prevent injuries from occuring during the course of the game from which they receive substantial profits. It's unconscionable exploitation and unjust enrichment.

They provide access for the players to warm up because they are men. This is a matter of gender discrimination against female cheerleaders. It is a stupid policy and probably illegal.

The NFL teams should not be allowed to use cheerleaders unless they provide sufficient access for warm-ups to prevent injuries from occuring during the course of the game from which they receive substantial profits. It's unconscionable exploitation and unjust enrichment.

They provide access for the players to warm up because they are men. This is a matter of discrimination against female cheerleaders and it is a stupid policy.

Truly, the cheerleaders are atheletes as well. That's not easy stuff to do!

They provide access for the players to warm up because they are men. This is a matter of gender discrimination against female cheerleaders. It is a stupid policy and probably illegal.

NFL is not prohibiting cheerleaders from warming up, they are imposing restrictions on where they may do so within the stadium. You can bet everything the NFL has done

in these matters has undergone substantial legal review prior to public announcment.

It's a multi-million, if not multi-billion dollar enterprise.

NFL is not prohibiting cheerleaders from warming up, they are imposing restrictions on where they may do so within the stadium. You can bet everything the NFL has done

in these matters has undergone substantial legal review prior to public announcment.

Absolutely not, no way am I going to roll over for that nonsense. They do not deserve trust. They will discriminate against women like they always have. It's nothing new in their sport. They are preventing women from having adequate access for warm ups. What I can bet is that the men will have better access to warm up space. Of that I can no doubt be positive.

They should just flat out bar the NFL from using cheerleaders unless they prove they have equal access to warm up space for the females.

I'm quite sure the NFL has done it's legal homework and has legal grounds to inforce this but if you ask me, it's just another attempt to homoginize the sport. Total waste of energy and nothing more than an attempt to take a market share

I'm quite sure the NFL has done it's legal homework and has legal grounds to inforce this but if you ask me, it's just another attempt to homoginize the sport. Total waste of energy and nothing more than an attempt to take a market share

...and further wussification of the sport...can't make contact with the punters, can't touch the cheerleaders...Lyle Alzado is rolling in his grave

...and further wussification of the sport...can't make contact with the punters, can't touch the cheerleaders...Lyle Alzado is rolling in his grave

Yeah, no kidding ! I suddenly realized why I don't watch as much of the NFL as I used to. Give me a great college game on a Sat. afternoon and I can see as many cheerleaders, late hits, and total screw ups as I wish. That's football as it should be. :D

Archived