If Zeppelin tour without Robert...

It was Brian's band in the beginning. He was the genius and driving force behind it until his mental state deteriorated. Mick and Keith owe him their careers.

Christ I wouldn't go that far.

Neither would I.

Me too.

I tend to drift toward the loonies, which is why I have a soft spot for B Jones.

Not to mention my disdain for Mr. Jagger. Some say he's a cunning businessman, but I think of him as a manipulative, arrogant prick. Sorry, just my imo. I like my rockstars a bit twisted :blink:

I share your disdain to a degree..

....you don't consider Keith to be twisted?:blink::huh:

:lol:

They knew an awful lot about the blues before they ever met him. :blink:

Tru dat!! B)

This all brings up some interesting questions:What if Brian hadn't been murdered?How do you think the band would have progressed/evolved? Do you think they would have stayed together as long as they have? Do you think Brian would have left the band eventually?

He was more than a little displeased about their direction away from pure blues,was he not?

...or am I confusing him with Clapton leaving the Yardbirds?

What might have been?

I have my own ideas;but I'll wait....... B)

Neither would I.

I share your disdain to a degree..

....you don't consider Keith to be twisted?:blink::huh:

:lol:

Tru dat!! B)

This all brings up some interesting questions:What if Brian hadn't been murdered?How do you think the band would have progressed/evolved? Do you think they would have stayed together as long as they have? Do you think Brian would have left the band eventually?

He was more than a little displeased about their direction away from pure blues,was he not?

What might have been?

I'm sure Atlas has an idea. Or a You tube link. B)

What might have been?

Hi 59! :wave:

If you remember, Brian had already been "asked to leave" the band, because of his drug use (which apart from his unreliability was also going to cause them problems getting into America, because of his convictions), and they'd already replaced him with Mick Taylor, when he was found dead. The official statement said when he "left" the band said he no longer agreed with the rest of the band "about the discs we are cutting." It's also true that he didn't like the fact that they were moving away from pure blues, though (ditto Clapton/Yardbirds), or that he'd basically been supplanted as leader of the band. He died just a few days before the Hyde Park show ( I was there B)) which was intended to introduce Mick Taylor.

Edited to add a bit of shameless gloating.

Zeppelin is Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham. I'll give a pass for Jason, as he is a Bonham. But Zeppelin without the voice and presence of Robert Plant? Unimaginable! So it was "Jimmy's band". Robert fronted it, wrote the majority of the lyrics, and was integral to the picture and the image. Could Townsend, Entwhistle (God rest his soul) and Moon's son (if he had one who was a phenomnal drummer) tour as the Who without Daltrey? Could Keith tour as the Stones without Mick? Oh yeah, that was Brian Jones' band remember? :lol:

No Plant=No Zeppelin. IMO.

We've had Plant doing Zeppelin without Bonzo, Jones, and Page for a good long time now. Everytime time he does a Zeppelin song without Jimmy it sounds wrong to me, honestly, so I know where you're coming from.

Call it the Three Js and be done with it. At least the other three members would be showing Mr. Plant the proper respect, then.

Well that just means we can put Logan up there and still call them Led Zeppelin :rolleyes:

I'm sure we would all prefer Bonzo still be in the band.

Page, Jones, Bonham and Leona Lewis!

Oh, save us! :)

(Got the TIVO all set, though. Yay!)

It is sometimes so obvious that people simply .... "forget".

The reason that Page and Plants Unledded was not "Led Zep" was because everyone had forgotton where Jonesy lived,and were so insecure, that thay thought that if he was 'found,that their music could possibly be compared to the great music of long ago.

And so It was that he could not easily be found in time for that reunion.which is ironic in a way,because JPJ would have been a far better choice than the inferior clones that were ultimately chosen(notice that he was not replaced by one musician,but two!)

Led Zeppellin without Robert Anthony Plant,would also be utterly unthinkable.

There is only one HMS Led Zeppelin,and the crew are named Page, Plant, Jones,Bonham.

Anybody not bearing those names are simpley inferior copys,or at best invited guests.

It is sometimes so obvious that people simply .... "forget".

The reason that Page and Plants Unledded was not "Led Zep" was because everyone had forgotton where Jonesy lived,and were so insecure, that thay thought that if he was 'found,that their music could possibly be compared to the great music of long ago.

And so It was that he could not easily be found in time for that reunion.which is ironic in a way,because JPJ would have been a far better choice than the inferior clones that were ultimately chosen(notice that he was not replaced by one musician,but two!)

Led Zeppellin without Robert Anthony Plant,would also be utterly unthinkable.

There is only one HMS Led Zeppelin,and the crew are named Page, Plant, Jones,Bonham.

Anybody not bearing those names are simpley inferior copys,or at best invited guests.

Gotta call you out on this Gervox. Inferior clones? What is this - Westworld?

They knew where he was. They just didn't want him in that project. Seems harsh to some, but its fact - for whatever reasons, Robert AND Jimmy wanted to leave him out.

Oh and some people seem to be missing the point. Robert has done Zeppelin songs live, Jimmy has done Zeppelin songs live, Jonesy has done Zeppelin songs live, Jason even plays Zeppelin songs live. I hope they all continue to do so. The point is - if they reform and replace a member,(Bonzo aside, we all know that story) would it be right to call it Led Zeppelin?

In my opinion no, and they wouldn't anyway, because they feel that way too.

The most logical choice would be who Jimmy wanted in the first Place. TERRY REID. Robert Plant only got to fill the position by first, Terry turning Jimmy down on the offer, and then telling him where to go to find this " Young Lad " named Robert Plant. Do your self a favor, search Terry Reid on the net down load " Superlungs" " Bang, Bang, my baby shot me down " then ask Ozzy ?. Steven Tyler ?. Forget them.........................Terry Reid, the only that could pull it off.

The most logical choice would be who Jimmy wanted in the first Place. TERRY REID. Robert Plant only got to fill the position by first, Terry turning Jimmy down on the offer, and then telling him where to go to find this " Young Lad " named Robert Plant. Do your self a favor, search Terry Reid on the net down load " Superlungs" " Bang, Bang, my baby shot me down " then ask Ozzy ?. Steven Tyler ?. Forget them.........................Terry Reid, the only that could pull it off.

Yawn - Jimmy has had every chance to call Terry Reid since 1980 - notably, he hasn't.

Terry was his choice BEFORE he heard Robert sing.

After that, everything changed.

Yawn - Jimmy has had every chance to call Terry Reid since 1980 - notably, he hasn't.

Terry was his choice BEFORE he heard Robert sing.

After that, everything changed.

thanks for confirming that knebby. i often wondered if that was the case. i can imagine jimmy was blown away by roberts voice. jimmy ended his search immediately, didnt he?

Bonham, JPJ, Page and Plant are Led Zeppelin.

But only Bonham, JPJ and Page aren't Led Zeppelin.

<_<

No Plant: No Led Zeppelin!!!

Obviously! ;)

I'm sure the three Js and whatever singer will do Zeppelin (if that even happens), and fine by me that, but don't call it Led Zeppelin. Cause it ain't. Townsend and Daltrey can be the Who (arguably), and Jagger and Richards can be the Stones (again, arguably), but Zeppelin without Plant? IMO, no. No friggin way.

Obviously! ;)

I'm sure the three Js and whatever singer will do Zeppelin (if that even happens), and fine by me that, but don't call it Led Zeppelin. Cause it ain't. Townsend and Daltrey can be the Who (arguably), and Jagger and Richards can be the Stones (again, arguably), but Zeppelin without Plant? IMO, no. No friggin way.

Partly has to do with the frontman as the "face" of the band, I think.

I was always under the impression that JPJ was not included in Un-Ledded because his presence could have caused too many to think it was a full-on LZ reunion which might have limited Jimmy and Robert's freedom to do what they really wanted to do. Am I wrong?

I think that they just forgot his phone number. I would have no problem with Page, JPJ, and Jason moving on with another singer and calling themselves LZ. I just wish that it would happen already!

It'll never happen without Robert.

At least not as Led Zeppelin.

ooooh, ooooooh readin above gave me another thought

Jr. and the J's thinkin of logan there.

sighhhhhh "there's no place like home, theres no place like home, theres no place like home!!!"

I still believe...Give me some Led mannnnnnn.......

Micheal White from THE WHITE, along with Page, Jones, Bonham

or

Steve Perry from Ex-Journey, along with Page, Jones, Bonham

and if they ask where's Robert? Tell them he's parking his walker!

Michael White has always been about 100lbs too heavy.

Steve Perry has (HAD) a totally different voice.

Robert is younger than Jones and Page. :rolleyes:

Micheal White from THE WHITE, along with Page, Jones, Bonham NO!

or

Steve Perry from Ex-Journey, along with Page, Jones, Bonham NO!

and if they ask where's Robert? Tell them he's parking his walker! OH GEEZ

Archived