Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

I get the Jimmy Page part, but Leona Lewis? On the one hand you have a genuine legend of 40-odd years, then, on the other, you have a winner of a T.V talent show. Couldn't they have found someone a teeny bit better for him?

And Beckham? Ironic that he'll feature in the closing ceremony and was part of the 2012 London campaign, yet has not actually featured in the Olympics at all. He'll be too old to even compete in 2012 (if we pull our finger out and get a GB football team).

It's Boris Johnson I'll be watching. He is comedy gold.

Oh, yes, Boris is sure to do something most amusing! Though a Gordon/Heathcliff back flip would be quite a sight as well!!

David is going to arrive in a double decker bus and kick a soccer ball to a fan.

I can't wait until 2012 when a cadilac pulls up and a man gets out and shoots a fan to kick off the chicago 2016 games.

that is the funniest sh** I have heard in a long time!

David is going to arrive in a double decker bus and kick a soccer ball to a fan.

I can't wait until 2012 when a cadillac pulls up and a man gets out and shoots a fan to kick off the chicago 2016 games.

Being from the Chicago area myself I must add that great wads of cash must change hands between politicians to/from their cronies and relatives be given "ghost payroll" jobs. That's the Chicago way!

Truly, this IS Spinal Tap.

Dubbly on your Tap, and so is this: "What will he play?"

Theremin, of course. To accompany Leona on her cover of Minnie Ripperton's "Loving You"

This is a joke, right? Somebody please whack me in the head with a cricket bat if Jimmy plays this song.

If he was indeed asked and this is all true, it is quite an honor that Jimmy could perform at the Olympics. Billions of people watch it, and it's nice that Jimmy would get the opportunity no matter how cheesy it might be.

Oh Steve, don't be cynical :) You never know, it might work. Did you see Jeff Beck when he accompanied Kelly Clarkson on that "American Idol Gives Back" special? It was lovely & tasteful.

Yeah, I saw that. It was actually pretty damn good.

This is true then, wow. Its kinda cool, but it kinda weird as a fan waiting for any new material. I look forward to seeing it. This will be a big step into tv broadcast for -jimmy page, thats for sure...especially going somewhere only pop music stars go.

Back in the day he would have never....today it's the right thing to do.

The event is so much bigger than the ego.

I bet Robert's green over this one. I've always thought that they competed against each other in some ways. Like who's going to make the first contact call to reunite?

If jimmy calls and robert says no I wanna bop a blondie will jimmy ever call again? Robert won't call jimmy because of ego. She needs to do the right thing and let the freebird fly. lol.

I bet Robert's green over this one. I've always thought that they competed against each other in some ways. Like who's going to make the first contact call to reunite?

If jimmy calls and robert says no I wanna bop a blondie will jimmy ever call again? Robert won't call jimmy because of ego. She needs to do the right thing and let the freebird fly. lol.

You have got to be kidding.

If jimmy calls and robert says no I wanna bop a blondie will jimmy ever call again? Robert won't call jimmy because of ego.

Where does this stuff come from? If Robert said no to Jimmy, why would he need the phone at all? Ridiculous!

Exit Raising Sand. Enter Rising Speculation. I've got a Strange Sensation that Robert will be carrying on in the direction he's been going. Jimmy's simply going to have to try a different Page of his address book (as if he hasn't already. If he wants to have a go, he's certainly not waited until now to consider alternatives).

Gee what a surprise, Robert being made out to be the bad guy again :rolleyes:

JEEZ! hey guys, cant we just be happy that we will see jimmy perform? why do we have to put added meanings to every little thing the guys do? :unsure:

That's what we who don't hate Robert wish the rest would get. But it's always something it seems. Robert's "selfish", it's all abot his "ego". It never seems to end around here.

Funny thing is, I'm more a Jimmy guy myself. He's my friggin musical hero! Yet I'm a "Plant Apologist" according to certain here. It's all so ridiculous. If certain people would stop jumping on every possible opportunity (or in some cases fabricating their own) to piss on Robert Plant, this wouldn't happen. It's a Zeppelin forum! Obviously when someone derides any member of the band, people will protest. What can ya do, y'know? Me, I just leave for awhile, and see if anything's changed when I drop back in. It never does. A damn shame.

Robert is free to fly out of the Krauss collaboration and rejoin the gang anytime he wants. Alison has other interests and an impatient fan base of her own. There is no evidence of a romantic entanglement here, just a joint venture that was more successful than any of the parties anticipated. And the fact that for whatever reason, Robert is obviously having the time of his life not carrying 100% of the lead vocal work. Read into that whatever you want. Since Robert has returned to England for a couple of months, Alison has been busy re-affiliating herself with the Bluegrass scene here and making appearances with Ralph Stanley. As I have said before, I do not think the Krauss collaboration will last deep into next year, based on what I am hearing from contacts here. If a Led Zeppelin reunion fails to happen, it will not be because of Alison Krauss or T-Bone. I think T-Bone would love to see JP, PR and JPJ back together, he has indicated this in interviews. T-Bone has a lot of respect for ALL musical history and I would not be surprised at all if he is actually encouraging Robert to go in this direction behind the scenes.

Archived