Geek Squad

Hotplant

For images just click the 'insert image' button and type or paste into the new window and press OK.

For websites/urls: If you click on 'insert link' it brings up a new window. Type or paste your link into this and OK it. Then another window appears where you can type in a name for your link i.e "Robert on Channel 4" - this gets rid of the 'http/www/loadofrubbish.3645485diddlysquat.com' stuff. Click OK and it appears in your reply window.

I thought I saw when I logged in that there was the option to check a box that makes you invisible... :huh:

If it's there, that would be why I didn't see it. I never log out, so I don't see that page again after I log in the first time. I went to the control panel and checked every section and didn't see an option for it.

Anybody else having trouble with smilies? Since the full smilie menu is a pop-up, I have to press Cntrl + Alt (per my security package) to make the smilie menu pop up. Trouble is, pressing Cntrl + Alt makes the post I just typed disappear. I barely have a personality as it is - if I have to refrain from using smilies, I'm really going to be in trouble. :(

Anybody else having trouble with smilies? Since the full smilie menu is a pop-up, I have to press Cntrl + Alt (per my security package) to make the smilie menu pop up. Trouble is, pressing Cntrl + Alt makes the post I just typed disappear. I barely have a personality as it is - if I have to refrain from using smilies, I'm really going to be in trouble. :(

Don't know if this will work for you, but I've been popping up the smiley window first with 'Show All' and then just leaving it up as a little floating window all the time.

What irks me with my security set-up is that when I click on, say, the post-picture button, I have to go up and 'Temporarily allow' scripted messages. It's easier just to type %7Boption%7D.

And, yes you do too have a personality and a very nice one besides!

Here's my question: how do I tell it to automagically save my sent messages in my 'Sent' folder?

I'm quite sure I can toggle that on somewhere, but couldn't spot it (yes I went to My Controls and clicked on everything *I could think of* which, I'm sure, is where the trouble lies).

Don't know if this will work for you, but I've been popping up the smiley window first with 'Show All' and then just leaving it up as a little floating window all the time.

What irks me with my security set-up is that when I click on, say, the post-picture button, I have to go up and 'Temporarily allow' scripted messages. It's easier just to type %7Boption%7D.

And, yes you do too have a personality and a very nice one besides!

swansea, thanks - brilliant idea. Pop up the smilies first! :thumbsup: (And speaking of smilies, what happened to good ol' :slapface:? I need that one! :lol: )

I had that "scripted messages" message the first day, but now I seem to be allowed to just type in %7Boption%7D and the link and/or paste in a link without getting that message. I have no idea what changed, though.

And thanks for the kind words. Right back at ya! :D

Here's my question: how do I tell it to automagically save my sent messages in my 'Sent' folder?

I'm quite sure I can toggle that on somewhere, but couldn't spot it (yes I went to My Controls and clicked on everything *I could think of* which, I'm sure, is where the trouble lies).

You want every message you send to be saved in the sent folder every time?? I wanted that, too, but I think the reason there doesn't appear to be an option for that is that the sent folder takes up space.

Aqua---slapface is a good friend of mine. Hopefully we will see it soon.

I tried to "import" my PMs via email (there's an option), and it's not good. It's in html, and there's more html coding that not...so it makes it incredibly hard to find and read... sigh...I guess that's another thing we have to figure out, considering moving your PMs to a different folder doesn't solve the storage issue anymore. :huh:

You want every message you send to be saved in the sent folder every time?? I wanted that, too, but I think the reason there doesn't appear to be an option for that is that the sent folder takes up space.

Yeah...that's what I wanted. I'm sure you're right. *sighs* One more thing to do without for the needs of the many.

:thanku:

Has anyone figured out how to save PMs when your box is full?

Yes--my box is already full. <_<

Other than the "import," which doesn't work very well for me?

What I do is email them to myself. Didn't you say something about how copying/pasting messages and/or posts worked in Microsoft Word? I still haven't hooked that up (Word), but I'd prefer to use my email anyways. My inbox has been on the brink of full far too many times :lol:, but I can dig it...I just have to keep up :)

Also, I'm not sure how many ongoing messages you have, but deleting ones that you have the reply to (repeats) helps. I hope that makes sense :huh:

Okay--this is a totally unrealated computer question.

#1 our desktop internet browser does not re-load pages that have been previously seen in the computer, i.e., when I log into my email account, I can see Dave's emails until I hit refresh. When I come into this forum (didn't do this with the old board), it does not re-load. I have to hit F5 or the refresh button to see the new stuff. We have IE 7.0 on all three of our computers, and the desktop is the only one with this issue. What gives?

#2 We have three computers: one desktop (meant mainly for extra storage and Dave's "gaming--if you wanna call it that") and two laptops. I want to do something similar to syncing the files on both my laptop and the desktop so I have a complete set of data when I do my back up discs for "My Pictures" and "My Documents." How can I do this--the simplest way?

Thanks! : )

Does anyone know how to add or create more smilies that were on the previous message board? Some I can do but there were a lot of good ones over there.

If you click the "show all" tab at the top of the smilie window, myledzep, you'll have access to more smilies than are available via "next" and "previous" windows, but even the "show all" list isn't as extensive as the list at the old board (not yet, anyway). Only admins can "add" smilies to the smilie list, but you can link to smilies from other sources [ *a random example* ] and post them as images using the %7Boption%7D tags.. and/or you can start your own smilie collection on your own server space (if you have your own server space) and link to those smilies.

B)

Why am I having so much trouble posting pics, I've used photobucket and never had a problem, until the new board here.

I post the excact same way, but it isn't linking up. :blink::angry::blink:

I tried imageshack and still no luck.

I've heard others saying that to.

So....wassup? :unsure:

I've noticed some images from photobucket start with a number and letter. In my account it just says, img.photobucket whatever. As compared to say, i67.photobucket.

Help!

I've noticed some images from photobucket start with a number and letter. In my account it just says, img.photobucket whatever. As compared to say, i67.photobucket.

img.photobucket links are for people who joined the site earlier on. They started doing the numbers thing about a year or two ago. I'm not sure what the problem is though as far as pictures not showing up for you or whatever it is.

Why am I having so much trouble posting pics, I've used photobucket and never had a problem, until the new board here.

I post the excact same way, but it isn't linking up. :blink::angry::blink:

I tried imageshack and still no luck.

I've heard others saying that to.

So....wassup? :unsure:

Help!

I had a problem with photobucket but if you copy the code for the 'Direct Link' and paste it into the 'insert picture' pop-up window on the forum it seems to work.

Archived