Led Zeppelin World Tour

mightyzepp

I found a cure...it's the realization I've had since late 1980 that there is no Led Zeppelin, and never will be w/o John Bonham. The name being placed on the 02 marquee is definitely owed to Ahmet Ertegun......any "supposed" (and highly unlikely IMO) tour would be using the name as a corperate monaker....as in tour promoters would not promote it without the name......but as far as I'm concerned, it'll still be a Page/Plant/JPJ reunion w/ special guest Jason Bonham on drums. Nothing more, nothing less.

I found a cure...it's the realization I've had since late 1980 that there is no Led Zeppelin, and never will be w/o John Bonham. The name being placed on the 02 marquee is definitely owed to Ahmet Ertegun......any "supposed" (and highly unlikely IMO) tour would be using the name as a corperate monaker....as in tour promoters would not promote it without the name......but as far as I'm concerned, it'll still be a Page/Plant/JPJ reunion w/ special guest Jason Bonham on drums. Nothing more, nothing less.

Very nicely put, but, 3/4 of the band is better than none.

• 2 weeks later...

From the youtube clips they looked and sounded absolutely FANTASTIC. I was drooling, my eyes were watering, my heart was racing and hell yeah, I got those goosebumps for sure! (Why wasn' itwidely televised?!)

Maybe for older fans who saw them in concert back in the day a Led Zeppelin tour is kind of like your highschool sweetheart showing up unexpectedly for a roll in the hay after all these years. Maybe you guys have some mixed feelings about it - it's great to see her (you've never stopped thinking about her, after all) but she'll never be a beautiful as she once was, the magic will never be the same, etc. After all, for you guys it's as much about the time in your life that you associate with Led Zeppelin as anything. But, first of all, based on last night's performance, your highschool girlfriend still looks HOT (unlike you, you out of shape schlub!), and she still remembers all those tricks that make your toes curl and your eyeballs roll into teh back of your head. Second, what's more beautiful than being able to revisit those feelings and associations and reaffirm that it's still alive inside of you.

But for us young fans, this represents something entirely bigger and more momentous. We grew up assuming that we could never experience in person something singular and momentous and moving and great - something that resonates with us and we know like the backs of our hands, thanks to recorded music and live footage, but that we just barely missed experiencing ourselves. We can't go back in time, so we have to assume we're just screwed. To us, a Led Zeppelin Reunion Tour is like Genghis Kahn showing up for an encore campaign of conquering and pillaging across eurasia, 300 spartans showing up to guard a pass against a million persians, Noah announcing a second flood (yes, I did just compare them to a divinely inspired natural disaster, and it's appropriate)... it is the return of a legend

My biggest fear for last night was that they would be terrible. Genghis Khan falls off his horse, the spartans drop their shields and run, the flood turns out to be a passing drizzle. Furthermore, most of us have seen and listened to their best performances over and over so none of us have low hopes or expectations ... and in the end I got goosebumps just from watching grainy youtube clips of the performance this morning.

Now my only fear (and it makes me nauseus just to imagine the scenario) is not being able to get tickets if they do go on tour.

From the youtube clips they looked and sounded absolutely FANTASTIC. I was drooling, my eyes were watering, my heart was racing and hell yeah, I got those goosebumps for sure! (Why wasn' itwidely televised?!)

Maybe for older fans who saw them in concert back in the day a Led Zeppelin tour is kind of like your highschool sweetheart showing up unexpectedly for a roll in the hay after all these years. Maybe you guys have some mixed feelings about it - it's great to see her (you've never stopped thinking about her, after all) but she'll never be a beautiful as she once was, the magic will never be the same, etc. After all, for you guys it's as much about the time in your life that you associate with Led Zeppelin as anything. But, first of all, based on last night's performance, your highschool girlfriend still looks HOT (unlike you, you out of shape schlub!), and she still remembers all those tricks that make your toes curl and your eyeballs roll into teh back of your head. Second, what's more beautiful than being able to revisit those feelings and associations and reaffirm that it's still alive inside of you.

But for us young fans, this represents something entirely bigger and more momentous. We grew up assuming that we could never experience in person something singular and momentous and moving and great - something that resonates with us and we know like the backs of our hands, thanks to recorded music and live footage, but that we just barely missed experiencing ourselves. We can't go back in time, so we have to assume we're just screwed. To us, a Led Zeppelin Reunion Tour is like Genghis Kahn showing up for an encore campaign of conquering and pillaging across eurasia, 300 spartans showing up to guard a pass against a million persians, Noah announcing a second flood (yes, I did just compare them to a divinely inspired natural disaster, and it's appropriate)... it is the return of a legend

My biggest fear for last night was that they would be terrible. Genghis Khan falls off his horse, the spartans drop their shields and run, the flood turns out to be a passing drizzle. Furthermore, most of us have seen and listened to their best performances over and over so none of us have low hopes or expectations ... and in the end I got goosebumps just from watching grainy youtube clips of the performance this morning.

Now my only fear (and it makes me nauseus just to imagine the scenario) is not being able to get tickets if they do go on tour.

Perfect....I was 9 when John died, so I just missed them. I feel the same you do-you voiced my hopes, dreams and fears.

The Washington Post music critic J. Freedom du Lac puts the tour as 10 to 9 odds on it happening

I think a reunion tour is possible, if we understand that this is not exactly Led Zeppelin and they have 30 years no more.

If we still can enjoy jethro tull, the stones or deep purple as they are now, why can`t we accept led zeppelin reborn?

Nme are saying they have 2 dates on hold at Wembley stadium next summer.

so thats 20million people for 180,000 tickets unless its anounced as part of a world tour.

My question is how many of us would pay for a fan club membership for first go at the tickets. Also how to stop the touts?

Or should the UK names from the ballot be given the first go?

fingers, toes and everything else crossed for this to happen and to get tickets.

And what price should the tickets be?

18K pay £120+ for the O2

Would you pay £1K for golden circle

£500 for standing

£100 for seating

I know its high but due to the potential demand the ticket price could be quite high.

I see Ticket master are selling Bruce springsteen gold circle tickets by auction with a minimum starting bid of £250 for a pair. Now is this the way ticket selling is going to go a bit like music downloads of pay what you want

Oh please, if they were to tour and I was denied access again, i think i might shrivel up and die. seriously.

Mate I'm from Perth, Western Australia and I can tell you that this little city let alone all of Australia is absolutely buzzing with fans just waiting for a tour announcement!!!

As a 17 year old Zep nut I was extremly dissapointed (not that i'm the only one) at missing out on the 02 gig as I've dreamt of somehow seeing the legends reform since as young as I can remember.

There has been the rumour of two wembley dates floating around for a while and I really hope this comes to be. I live not far from london and few can deny that these would be too very special nights, giving what the majority of Led fans what they want.

I think its a great idea for those of us who applied for the ahmet tribute to get a kinda first come first serve thing going w/ internet pre sale for any gigs they do nearest to our location. I cannot deny that seeing fans from around the world interviewed on breakfast news who had seen the gig that was at my local venue whilst I had to stay at home on nme.com was pretty annoying!

I don't see the harm in a few more big gigs in the uk europe, usa, australia as a nice send off considering the 02 gig went down so well.

Please please please dont leave us West Australians out like so many bands do if theres an Australiasian Tour.. I speak for at least one million W.Aussie Led Zep fans!!!!

Not to mention New Zealand, so many bands miss out us. :( Its only a few hours flight from Aussie.

What you have said is pure, simple, unadulterated, fantastic truth.

I am only 17, but this possibility of a world tour occupies half my consciousness, as this would quite possibly be the single greatest experience that I could expect in my life.

As he said though, if they toured and for some reason I wasn't there, then it would just break my heart so thoroughly that I'd be depressed for a good solid decade (metaphorically, of course).

This is the chance of a lifetime, and if any of the members read any of these forums, they have to, just HAVE TO tour, not for the money (by God, they have so much they can burn it for heat, I bet), not for the closure, not for anything except the fans, especially the young ones, like myself, whose musical idols are dead, dying, half dead, or working quite hard at starting to die, just to hurry up and get on with it. From what I've heard, 02 was amazing, and if I could once, just once in my short lifetime, see Jimmy Page, in my honest opinion the number one guitarist in the world (ever) play in front of me, just one song, then I'd die content knowing that I witnessed a mortal God perform. I'd shell out a solid grand if I had to. This is my dream, and I hope to realize it.

Just don't die on us Zep! We love you too much.

i love your way with words!

i feel exactly the same. there is no way they would play my city, so the way i figure it- it has to be at least a 6 hour drive to go and see them.

man what i wouldn't do to see them..ha

peace and love

-celina

Archived