"The 50 worst artists in history"

Zepaholic

13 MICK JAGGER

Even Bill Wyman laughs at Mick’s solo records

Given the roll call of A-list rockers who have appeared on the Stones frontman’s four solo ventures, even a tone-deaf 6-year-old could have produced something you’d want to hear twice, or at least once. Alas, it seems, there’s never a tone-deaf 6-year-old around when you need one. Even on 1993’s not-entirely-grim Wandering Spirit, produced by Rick Rubin, Jagger does his damnedest to ruin things by inexplicably singing a sea shanty. That’s right — a sea shanty!

Appalling fact In his native U.K., Jagger’s latest solo release, Goddess in the Doorway, sold just 954 copies on its first day of release.

Worst CD Goddess in the Doorway (Virgin, 2001)

:lol:

Keith Richards calls it "Dogshit in the Doorway"

:lol:

5 STARSHIP

They built this city on rock & roll. And crap!

In 1985, Starship rose like a phoenix from the ashes of once-mighty psychedelic overlords Jefferson Airplane/Starship — but only if, by phoenix, you mean ultra-lame, MTV-pandering purveyors of MOR schlock. WORST remembered for, We Built This City, they were also responsible for unleashing the Diane Warren–penned, Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now, a song bad enough to appear on the soundtrack of the diabolical Andrew McCarthy comedy Mannequin. And its sequel!

Appalling fact: Singer Grace Slick later disavowed, Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now, claiming in an interview, I know damn well how fast a relationship can fall apart.

Worst CD Love Among the Cannibals (RCA, 1989)

This one could have been number 1. Mickey Thomas was a one-man wrecking ball and ruined them and he is not even mentioned here.

RANCID!!!!!!!!!

THE DOORS!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: :

The doors are one of the greatest bands of all time. And I think Miley Cyrus should be on there, she one of the best looking people I've ever seen ;) but one of the worst I've ever heard.

One of the compilers of that list, John Aizlewood, I know is a music reviewer for Q Magazine

There's only one thing more useless in the world than a music critic, and that's a film critic, as they're always bitterly disappointed that no one gives a shit about their opinion or their failed ambitions at a music career, so they get a job doing what most music failures do: become a music journalist.

And as Tom Stoppard once said: Journalists think that the most important thing about the news is that they have turned up to cover it...

This one kills me...

10 AIR SUPPLY

The sound of eunuchs sobbing

Disproving the theory that lightning never strikes twice in the same place, Air Supply contained not one but two mewling, lovesick softies whose name was Russell. In the early ’80s, the Australian duo’s gutless ballads — music so remorselessly fey it made Journey sound like Danzig — sent a generation of jilted lovers toppling into depression that was as clinical as the Russells’ music. Mercifully, though, by the end of the decade, the pair had cried themselves to sleep.

Appalling fact Determined to ruin the festive season, Air Supply once recorded a Christmas album.Worst CD The Christmas Album (Arista, 1987)

LMFAO!!!!!

Archived