LIVE IN LONDON DVD?

I've been away for a while, but are there any rumblings whatsoever about the O2 show on DVD/Blu-Ray? I'd like to say that I think it's in the works, but do we have any idea when?

Somewhat recently in an interview when asked about the possibility Jimmy said Yeah, one day, sure but Jonesy was quick to say but were not in any rush it was a special event and we wanted to keep it that way.

I hope they don't release it anytime soon. If they release it in say the next 6 months, then you can forget about a possible reunion tour for 09' or beyond. The longer they put it off, the better chance they may do some more shows in the future IMO, and Jason's too! :) Just get a hold of some of the boots that are out there, next best thing.

I hope they don't release it anytime soon. If they release it in say the next 6 months, then you can forget about a possible reunion tour for 09' or beyond. The longer they put it off, the better chance they may do some more shows in the future IMO, and Jason's too! :) Just get a hold of some of the boots that are out there, next best thing.

I'm not quite sure how not releasing a dvd now would affect their decision to tour in the future :huh:

I'm not quite sure how not releasing a dvd now would affect their decision to tour in the future :huh:

If they released it before a tour it would help to sell more tickets cos there will be empty seats in some arenas, so see it as promotional ;);)

:lol:

Not sure what magazine Jason was quoted in, but his response to a question about future shows included a quote about the timely or untimely release of the DVD, and how that might be a clue as to what might happen in the future. Basically he thought an early release by the boys would give off a vibe of, o.k. here it is people, we still have it, thanks a lot, see ya' and so forth. But, by not releasing it right away, there might be more to say, or more to come from the boys.

:) I hope they do a DVD version. All the vids on utube r shit!

There's a couple that are alright. Really close with decent sound quality for a fan shot video. "STH - Front Row" is one off the top of my head. But yeah, a pro-shot video would be a good thing. :)

Hmm. Don't know if I agree with the logic of not releasing live material to build potential interest in possible future endeavors. I'd think quite the opposite. Then again, normal rules don't seem to apply to the Mighty Zep. It's been the better part of a year since the show, which, by several accounts, was a one-off. We'll see about that.

However, I would argue that releasing a pro-shot, DVD/CD combination package (or some such variant) would actually retain interest in LZ if not amplify it. Even if they don't play together again, what's the harm in it? "Here's one last modern-day performance for the masses to enjoy and continually speculate about." Which is what we're doing right now.

As for world tours, new material, going into the studio, etc., that's anybody's guess, but I have my doubts. My personal take on things is that Robert Plant is (at best) reluctant to consider an even somewhat regular gig with his former bandmates. I could be wrong about that, though. But I wasn't getting a "let's-get-LZ-back-together-again" vibe when I saw him and Allison Krauss a few months ago.

I think it goes without saying that most fans, if not all, myself included, would certainly not be blase about a yearly or biennial LZ gig, wherever in the world they chose to stage it. Once or twice every few years is better than never.

Not everyone has consented that I've read or heard anywhere or from anyone.

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has dropped another hint that the legendary rockers are to tour following their acclaimed O2 gig last December.

Speaking at a recent award show, Page told the Daily Star: "I hope fans can vote for Led Zeppelin live awards in the future."

However, he also suggested that vocalist Robert Plant may not be too keen.

"You've got to have all four members and Robert Plant is out on the road [right now]," he said. "I'm not gonna persuade Robert to do anything. You come together through the goodness of your heart."

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has dropped another hint that the legendary rockers are to tour following their acclaimed O2 gig last December.

Speaking at a recent award show, Page told the Daily Star: "I hope fans can vote for Led Zeppelin live awards in the future."

However, he also suggested that vocalist Robert Plant may not be too keen.

"You've got to have all four members and Robert Plant is out on the road [right now]," he said. "I'm not gonna persuade Robert to do anything. You come together through the goodness of your heart."

The answer lies in your post. Robert's not keen and "Jimmy isn't gonna pursuade him". Straight from Page's mouth. And the "goodness of your heart" remark could be a hint he's not too happy about it.

I saw it in a music store a couple of days ago and couldn't believe it, but it is already here,

Led Zeppelin Live in London 2007, it was a DVD and i was so bummed i didn't have money!

Unofficial. Don't waste your money. There's plenty of places to download for free or trade for free, or just the cost of postage and blanks. You just have to seek them out. Don't put your dollars in the pockets of pirates.

Unofficial. Don't waste your money. There's plenty of places to download for free or trade for free, or just the cost of postage and blanks. You just have to seek them out. Don't put your dollars in the pockets of pirates.

Ya i know it can be found elsewhere, i just like to get actual copies of stuff eventually

Ya i know it can be found elsewhere, i just like to get actual copies of stuff eventually

I understand, but "actual copies" is a misnomer. You're paying for packaging. Jimmy hates that.

To quote Jimmy:

"The legitimate part is where fans trade music, but once you start packaging it up and you do not know what you are getting, you are breaking the rules legally and morally.

"There are some of these recordings where it is just a whirring and you cannot hear the music.

"If you have something like this that appears legitimate then it is just not right."

Just sayin. :beer:

I understand, but "actual copies" is a misnomer. You're paying for packaging. Jimmy hates that.

To quote Jimmy:

"The legitimate part is where fans trade music, but once you start packaging it up and you do not know what you are getting, you are breaking the rules legally and morally.

"There are some of these recordings where it is just a whirring and you cannot hear the music.

"If you have something like this that appears legitimate then it is just not right."

Just sayin. :beer:

ya ive never thought about it like that, but as long as it was from Atlantic or whatever it should be a good quality recording, right?

But it won't be from Atlantic, as it's a bootleg. There's no official DVD (=put out by their record company) out yet. So you were lucky not to have any money with you, as you'd have wasted it!

Ya i didn't think it was a bootleg at first so i am very thankful that i didn't have money

Archived