Rare Zeppelin pics...

LedZep1969

I love Jones in this one :wub:

I love this picture because 1) It's just a damn good picture of them in the early days, and 2) They all look *incredibly* stoned (especially Jones.:wub:) . Honestly, they're probably pretty stoned in most pictures, but this once looks like they just got finished. "Oh, we're taking a picture? Sure."

Jerry Ritz and his then girlfriend Vibeke :)

Thanks!

I found this today. It's new to me. I felt quite sad when I saw it as, although it's a lovely photo (possibly a holiday snap?), Jason looks about 13-14 meaning it was taken not long before John died :(

Can anyone shed any light on it?

248653_large.jpg

• Administrators
Thanks!

I found this today. It's new to me. I felt quite sad when I saw it as, although it's a lovely photo (possibly a holiday snap?), Jason looks about 13-14 meaning it was taken not long before John died :(

248653_large.jpg

It's from my old Zep site (led-zeppelin.com). I think Jason gave me that one.

Thanks!

248653_large.jpg

It's from my old Zep site (led-zeppelin.com). I think Jason gave me that one.

That photo just tears at my heart - it is so poignant. :'(

There is another photo that has a similar effect on me. I think it may also be from the old Zep site but I don't know if I can post it here: it's an old color photo of the (extended) Plant family - all of the members are standing and staring at the camera except for little Karac. He is a toddler in the photo and he is in tears and his face is down and to the side. Robert is crouched down and he is cradling Karac in his arms. I tear up just thinking about it. :'(

Robert's holding Karac and looking at the camera himself but not smiling, though the older generation are--I always feel a bit strange looking at that pic because it seems so clearly a private family photo (probably why MSG has reservations about posting it), and yet it's been out there so long many people have seen it.

Robert's holding Karac and looking at the camera himself but not smiling, though the older generation are--I always feel a bit strange looking at that pic because it seems so clearly a private family photo (probably why MSG has reservations about posting it), and yet it's been out there so long many people have seen it.

^ I remember seeing that photo somewhere. And yes, when I first saw it, it would seem like it was taken right out of their family photo album or something. Very strange how that got out.

Where was the huge deal? I think I missed it.

I mean it seems like as long as I can remember there seems to be such an overdo about any pics of Zeps families. I just don't get why. Especially when they are all in the public domain.

I think there are only a few that have been deliberately released to the public tho, HP. I know that Robert hates pics of his family appearing on sites like this. He's very protective of them - I understand that.

Possibly the huge deal was when yesterday someone started a thread based on a web site that has pics of the band's girlfriends and families, and apologized when starting the thread for any distress it might cause? I responded that just because the site was out there it didn't have to be publicized, causing potential distress--I don't know if anybody else responded, but later I saw the thread had gone. I still feel that way, though. If pics have been released to the public, fine. If they're private, they should stay private (even if somebody has got hold of them and is posting them on another site, we don't have to do the same). Seems reasonable to me! :D

Possibly the huge deal was when yesterday someone started a thread based on a web site that has pics of the band's girlfriends and families, and apologized when starting the thread for any distress it might cause? I responded that just because the site was out there it didn't have to be publicized, causing potential distress--I don't know if anybody else responded, but later I saw the thread had gone. I still feel that way, though. If pics have been released to the public, fine. If they're private, they should stay private (even if somebody has got hold of them and is posting them on another site, we don't have to do the same). Seems reasonable to me! :D

It's reasonable to me too :D

Jimmy(Bonzo in background, purple shirt) Sept 8 1968, Travelling to a gig:

JimmyPageSept81968.jpg

I am so jealous of that girl that's with Jimmy. Does anyone know who that is? It's not Jackie, or Catherine. Around that time there was Lynne Collins?

Page and Screaming Lord Sutch, Hollywood, '69 ???

PageyScreamingLordSutchLA69.jpg

Ahahah! Great pic MAD, love the groovy outfit Lord Sutch has on....makes Jimmy's plaid pants absolutely boring :lol: (however, not the man in them needless to say)

I am so jealous of that girl that's with Jimmy. Does anyone know who that is? It's not Jackie, or Catherine. Around that time there was Lynne Collins?

It's some Danish girl from The Ladybirds, from what I remember reading :)

Archived