Rare Zeppelin pics...

LedZep1969

Memory confused - I thought there was more than one song, but I am probably mixing it up with other jams. Thanks though!

Quite welcome. Very well may have been more tunes because I thought there were as well. It may be that only one tune made it onto the boot.

SAJ should be bustin' out of the phone booth to clue us in soon I'm sure. LOL

Is this the same jacket, different shirt?

robert_nagoya_01.jpg

I've always loved the photos from Miss Natsukawa. Her website has many wonderful pics, not only Led Zeppelin but also a lot of bands which have visited Japan.

And her notes about the rockers are very interesting, too. She almost fainted in Robert's arms. :D

I've always loved the photos from Miss Natsukawa. Her website has many wonderful pics, not only Led Zeppelin but also a lot of bands which have visited Japan.

And her notes about the rockers are very interesting, too. She almost fainted in Robert's arms. :D

Do you have a link to her website? I tried googling her but nothing direct came up.

Do you have a link to her website? I tried googling her but nothing direct came up.

Her website here

It would be a bit difficult for you I think, 'cause she wrote mostly in japanese. But just keep clicking NEXT to see more pages.

and to Aqua:

No, I think no one could blame her. :D

She was not like those girls who hung over the rock stars. She worked for music magazines and took nice pics.

She just adored Robert a lot and went to the airport to see the band take off. She was kinda sad thinking they were leaving and she didn't know how long she wouldn't see them again. She gathered all her courage (that's her words) and asked Robert if she could have a kiss, and in the next second she was in his arms. She went totally blank and almost fainted.

I knew quite a few japanese ladies who love Zep a lot :wub:

Her website here

It would be a bit difficult for you I think, 'cause she wrote mostly in japanese. But just keep clicking NEXT to see more pages.

and to Aqua:

No, I think no one could blame her. :D

She was not like those girls who hung over the rock stars. She worked for music magazines and took nice pics.

She just adored Robert a lot and went to the airport to see the band take off. She was kinda sad thinking they were leaving and she didn't know how long she wouldn't see them again. She gathered all her courage (that's her words) and asked Robert if she could have a kiss, and in the next second she was in his arms. She went totally blank and almost fainted.

I knew quite a few japanese ladies who love Zep a lot :wub:

Thanks Glicine! I knew some of the ones she had taken but many I didn't realise were hers. Lovely story about her encounter with Robert :D

Thanks Glicine! I knew some of the ones she had taken but many I didn't realise were hers. Lovely story about her encounter with Robert :D

You're welcome.

There are quite a few funny little stories on her site, like how the groupies were deeply disappointed by the ELP boys who had little interest for them. :o;)

And I wondered when I saw her put Robert in the "good looking" category but Jimmy in the "wild and rocking". :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 13 January 2009 at 5:35 PM, Knebby said:

First post-Zeppelin jam - Jimmy joins Robert onstage London Hammersmith Odeon December 13th 1983.

pk519.jpg

pk520.jpg

pk521.jpg

Seems odd now to see Robert onstage with a cig.

Bloody hell I took the photos above what a great night it was ,only went because down to London because we knew page was turning up for the encore after chatting to RK a few days previously spent most of the night chatting to John coglan who was stood next to us

On 1/14/2009 at 2:34 PM, Knebby said:

pk527.jpg

Suppose I should put this ^ in "Who's that bloke with Percy?" too. :)

pk528.jpg

pk526.jpg

Is that Maurice and Robin Gibb with Robert Plant in the the top photo?  I love the bottom photo.  The boys' clothing screams "1969 rock musician".  The velvet loon pants, Bonham's green leather boots, etc.   Only Jimmy Page would think to pair hot pink velvet pants with a black leather motorcycle jacket.  Page and Plant both have have startled expressions, Bonham's is kind of "Yeah right, mate" while Jones' is "I.m not going to give you the satisfaction of reacting".  Does anyone know the story behind the last photo?

On 5/1/2016 at 9:51 PM, Disco Duck said:

Is that Maurice and Robin Gibb with Robert Plant in the the top photo?  I love the bottom photo.  The boys' clothing screams "1969 rock musician".  The velvet loon pants, Bonham's green leather boots, etc.   Only Jimmy Page would think to pair hot pink velvet pants with a black leather motorcycle jacket.  Page and Plant both have have startled expressions, Bonham's is kind of "Yeah right, mate" while Jones' is "I.m not going to give you the satisfaction of reacting".  Does anyone know the story behind the last photo?

Nah, Bill Wyman left and Roy Harper centre

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/9/2009 at 0:02 AM, Roxie said:

I saw this one posted on another site. Anyone know the story behind it? It's a new one to me.

256hf14.jpg

Billy Bob's is a restaurant in Fort Worth, TX.

http://billybobstexas.com/

This was almost certainly taken around the time they played Dallas on Sep 23, 1983. 

Probably the day after as they were off (no show) on that date.

Archived