Rare Zeppelin pics...

LedZep1969

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Totally wrong, this was taken by the big Zeppelin collector from Manchester beleive it or not called Steve Jones on a visit to the old Mill House. Where did you get the 5 American fan story Jeeez.

The urban myths get passed on through the years - like Sally Hayward being his "cousin" - I still keep reading that one.

• 1 month later...
f_grantbanjomm_9f69336.jpg

'Jonesy let me show you how it's done...' :D

That one was taken at Olympic Studios in November 1969, when the boys started working on the third album. The Jenning's Farm Blues bootleg dates from these sessions, if I am not mistaken.

Photographer was Dominique Tarlé, better known for having hung around The Rolling Stones later, in 1972, when they were working on Exile On Main Street at Keith Richards' Villa Nellcote in the south of France.

wow! never seen that one before, yeah what IS he doing???

hey riothouse, where in sydney are you, im just up in gosford. can you tell me a bit about your meeting with jimmy? thanks

this is also for LZFord & aen27 who requested this story...

Friday November 18 Sydney International Airport 1pm

Page/Plant were due to fly out to Argentina as part of their Unledded promotional tour, so i took my chances of 'trying' to meet them. Jimmy arrived first in a white stetch limo (see in the background) Being a fellow guitarist, Jimmy and I got on real well and the best part was NO ONE else was there so it was one on one, Jimmy and i had a cigarette and talked while the entourage got all the luggage out and into the terminal. Robert arrived 5-10 minutes latter with a blonde in a red sports car :rolleyes: I do remember Robert taking a liking to a book of Australia 1972 tour photos i had them to sign called 'Whole Lotta Zep' and asked if he could have it, to which i responded 'ah, no'

i also have another picture taken with the both of them...which i'll try and find and scan if anyones interested B)

this is also for LZFord & aen27 who requested this story...

Friday November 18 Sydney International Airport 1pm

Page/Plant were due to fly out to Argentina as part of their Unledded promotional tour, so i took my chances of 'trying' to meet them. Jimmy arrived first in a white stetch limo (see in the background) Being a fellow guitarist, Jimmy and I got on real well and the best part was NO ONE else was there so it was one on one, Jimmy and i had a cigarette and talked while the entourage got all the luggage out and into the terminal. Robert arrived 5-10 minutes latter with a blonde in a red sports car :rolleyes: I do remember Robert taking a liking to a book of Australia 1972 tour photos i had them to sign called 'Whole Lotta Zep' and asked if he could have it, to which i responded 'ah, no'

i also have another picture taken with the both of them...which i'll try and find and scan if anyones interested B)

wow! great story, you lucky b......... yes, id love to see the other pic. thankyou!

Archived