• All My Love
    • Fool In the Rain
    • You Shook Me
    • Your Time Is Gonna Come
    • The Rain Song
    • Trampled Underfoot
    • Kashmir
    • Other (Please Reply)

Orchestration on the Rain Song. When those keys kick in (especially live)....Goosebumps baby!!! :beer:

My band did Kashmir, Custard Pie, All My Love, Trampled Underfoot, I'm Gonna Crawl, and the Rain Song recently.

My Zep friends cried when Randy perfectly replicated Jonesy's strings for the Rain Song. ;)

Yeah, they loved Kashmir too. But the Rain Song takes me there! :D

The Rain Song is great, but I think a live No Quarter '77-79 style edges it out. Love some of his long solos.

I find the piano solos a bit dull and pondering. But I do like when they break into the Nutrocker bit! ;)

But hey, I'm just a guitar player, right? :lol:

BTW, moving out of state soon. You interested in coming to the send off pool party? Bands (plural) will be jamming between dunks in the pool and snacking and BBQ-ing. Saturday Sept 6th. Send me a pm. B)

check out the

That is one amazing performance, love the sound there. :)

The answer to your Q i really couldn't say (sorry to be so annoying) but it is a tie between:

Trampled Underfoot

No Quarter (1973)

Kasmir

Rain Song

I can't decide mainly coz every time i hear or see each song I change my mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Theres only one answer to this poll: Trampled Underfoot.

Jonesy drives that whole song - Page can all but try to keep up. The speed and complexity of the keys in this song makes you feel like you just snorted a big huge line.., or if you actually did just snort a big huge line, this song makes it that much better. B)

Just watch the Earl's Court footage on the DVD.

Theres only one answer to this poll: Trampled Underfoot.

Jonesy drives that whole song - Page can all but try to keep up. The speed and complexity of the keys in this song makes you feel like you just snorted a big huge line.., or if you actually did just snort a big huge line, this song makes it that much better. B)

Just watch the Earl's Court footage on the DVD.

I have to agree w/ Trampled, I can play that on the piano, and can match the performance at times, but when their jamming on the guitar solo, and theres different drum fills I can't keep up w/ it. They definitely performed together well. But I did hit "other" on the vote. Even though a lot of people don't care for this song JPJ is "Hot" on "Hot Dog"! Amazing piano playing! IMO 1980 was the "Drum & Bass tour, because they carried the tour, except for a couple bad nights for Bonzo.

For me its the arrangement he did with the keydoards and Strings on Kashmir, can you imagine if JPJ hadn't played on that track ?? however great the riff is, the song would of just gone on on and I think been a bit of a dirge, but his contribution brought to life Jimmy's and Bonzo's idea !!

• 1 month later...

Archived