Jimmy Page in Beijing

oh my god that was totaly cool! seeing Pagely live rockin' like that...I'm so proud *wipes a tear*

I thought Leona Lewis actually did a good job on vocals (please don't kill me! I think she has a good voice)...an intersting, good version of whole lotta "bleeding" love I'd say :)

I don't know about you but the Israeli broadcast was a bit bad on the guitar sound, it was too quiet for me...I hope the rest of the world got the real sound.

anyways, awsome job Pagey!

Looking rather cool and playing Whole Lotta Love, sounded good to me and not at all corny - what do you think

Hey-Up,

It was worth Waiting/Wasting all that time just to watch "God" perform, even if it was with Leona, who didn't do such a bad Job. With Jimmy there though, I just wonder what Leona is going to get for "Afters"??

Hang-man :ph34r:

Leona sounded good. I am sure Jimmy would have been awesome if he didn't have to pretend to play guitar. I am sure he would have preferred to play it live. Always great to see him though. Looked cool with the pony tail. From a broader perspective I thought the whole London presentation paled in comparison to what the Chinese have done. Tough act to follow.

Yeah, I just saw it on belgian TV, wanted to be the first to comment but my daughter managed to shit her diapers while Jimmy played

the guitar sound here was great, only the stupid commenter didn't shut his mouth.

Still a day to remember, and indeed it also brought me to tears.

Thanx Jimmy (and Leona....pheww you are cute) for this magickal moment.

Yeah, I just saw it on belgian TV, wanted to be the first to comment but my daughter managed to shit her diapers while Jimmy played

:hysterical:

:unsure:

Sorry, I haven't seen it yet, but your post made me laugh out loud.

Obviously it's hard to look totally cool miming...but Leona sounded amazing, I loved the vocal arrangement. Jimmy looked like he was really enjoying himself. It was great!

I totally agree, MHD!

It was soooooooo cool to see Jimmy there! And the TV here did a good job, no one talked while they were playing the song ( I think they had no idea which song that was, so they decided not to say anything, something I'm quite thankful :lol:)

Anyway, there's no better way to start a Sunday morning, right? ;)

Leona sounded good. I am sure Jimmy would have been awesome if he didn't have to pretend to play guitar. I am sure he would have preferred to play it live. Always great to see him though. Looked cool with the pony tail. From a broader perspective I thought the whole London presentation paled in comparison to what the Chinese have done. Tough act to follow.

Yeah, the Chinese have got it all in front of them after Jimmy! :D

oh my god that was totaly cool! seeing Pagely live rockin' like that...I'm so proud *wipes a tear*

I thought Leona Lewis actually did a good job on vocals (please don't kill me! I think she has a good voice)...an intersting, good version of whole lotta "bleeding" love I'd say :)

I don't know about you but the Israeli broadcast was a bit bad on the guitar sound, it was too quiet for me...I hope the rest of the world got the real sound.

anyways, awsome job Pagey!

Sound, broadcast, in Spain not very good either atleast on TVE1.

The ceremony was absolutely spectacular WOW :D

Yeah, the Chinese have got it all in front of them after Jimmy! :D

OMG!!!!! It is still nine hours till we'll see it on the East Coast!! I wanna see it NOWWW !! WaaaWaaaa!!

Who's going to be the Hero of the day and get it on YouTube first?! I'm checkin right now!!

Thanks for the reports Guys and Gals!!!

It was really, really amazing. If it was live it was going to be way better probably.

Good thing is that the journalists werent talking during the performance and in the end one of them went fangirl style (for at least two mins): James Patrick Page, also known as Jimmy Page, the guitar God and founder of the mighty Led Zeppelin!! And then started telling stories about how when he was a teenager it was forbidden to listen to Led Zeppelin.

I must add that Jimmy looks amazing! The pony tail suits him :D

It was really, really amazing. If it was live it was going to be way better probably.

Good thing is that the journalists werent talking during the performance and in the end one of them went fangirl style (for at least two mins): James Patrick Page, also known as Jimmy Page, the guitar God and founder of the mighty Led Zeppelin!! And then started telling stories about how when he was a teenager it was forbidden to listen to Led Zeppelin.

I must add that Jimmy looks amazing! The pony tail suits him :D

our dumb ass Israeli reporters were obviously surprised, only one of them knew it was actually Jimmy Page and he said- "oh it's Led zeppelin!"

talked through that crucial opening riff (which I so love, just the beginging of if this song)- wanted to kill him.

guitar sound was not as epic as it should be, none commented, I too don't think they knew the name of the song and only kid in the end that "we said earlier that the Brits would have to reform the Beatles in order to outshine China ..."

and I'm thinking well-isn't this even better!

Awesome!! I cannot wait to see this! Thanks for posting the pics Miss Honeydripper! Jimmy looks so cool with the ponytail. :wub: :wub: I think Leona is gorgeous and has a great voice, although I am tired of hearing "Bleeding Love" right now. It won't come on until later tonight here on the East Coast USA, but I hope they don't show it too late. I will be searching for it on Youtube.

our dumb ass Israeli reporters were obviously surprised, only one of them knew it was actually Jimmy Page and he said- "oh it's Led zeppelin!"

talked through that crucial opening riff (which I so love, just the beginging of if this song)- wanted to kill him.

guitar sound was not as epic as it should be, none commented, I too don't think they knew the name of the song and only kid in the end that "we said earlier that the Brits would have to reform the Beatles in order to outshine China ..."

and I'm thinking well-isn't this even better!

Oh, that's bad. I didnt expect comments like that but I was happy to have another person going wild while watching it, besides me :D

I couldnt hear the guitar at all, to be honest. It was too quiet. The vocals seemed a bit strange and the sound wasnt the best at all.

When Placido Domingo came on the stage, the same journalist's comment was : Another music royalty like JIMMY PAGE (he really almost screamed the name) - Placido Domingo!!!

AWESOME............i couldnt really tell that Jimmy was miming, he looked really really smart with his pony tail, i was in tears when the first chords rang out, and so so proud that Jimmy was approached as an ambassador of the UK, still keeping the magic words of LED ZEPPELIN in the minds of the billions and billions of people watching........well done Jimmy.

Archived