Jimmy Page in Beijing

Thought it was fabulous, even watching it on the BBC news site. What a brilliant combination. They should record it properly and release it as a single.

Maybe the future of Zep is with a female vocalist (surprised nobody has suggested it before now)? Now THAT would upset a few preconceptions and a whole panoply of apple carts. He he he.

Indi.

indi-

you're really gonna start something now!

......the performance proves page has as much stage presence as any other performer.

why hasnt he done more of this ? he's done basically nothing guitar wise since the day zep broke up apart, thats 28 years.

......the performance proves page has as much stage presence as any other performer.

why hasnt he done more of this ? he's done basically nothing guitar wise since the day zep broke up apart, thats 28 years.

Arms Concert

2 Firm Albums

Outrider

Guest on RP's Now and Zen and the Honeydrippers

Unledded

Walking Into Clarksdale

Toured with the Black Crowes

02 concert

I'm sure I've left lots of other things off. I'd hardly call that doing nothing since Zep broke up.

Olympics - Closing Ceremony

BEIJING - AUGUST 24: Singer Leona Lewis performs with Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page during the Closing Ceremony for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games at the National Stadium on August 24, 2008 in Beijing, China.

82535832ur4.jpg

82535736lu1.jpg

82535794jn1.jpg

82535177hr3.jpg

82535258cx2.jpg

Arms Concert

2 Firm Albums

Outrider

Unledded

Walking Into Clarksdale

02 concert

I'm sure I've left lots of other things off. I'd hardly call that doing nothing since Zep broke up.

still, his work calender has had huge empty periods in it. guess he's got food in his mouth now.

Just watched it on You Tube- I liked it, thought that Leona did a good job & Jimmy looked real cool! I will be watching it again tonight on the NBC broadcast, hopefully their announcers won't talk through the guitar solo like the ones did on the one on YouTube! (French TV I think)

Hej from Danmark.

We got to see (and hear it) it all here on DR1, without the commentators talking over it. The sound was good too, especially after the tv was cranked up to 11. It was as if the presenters were as shocked as we were that it was Jimmy-effing-Page! I'm glad I didn't know in advance, as the feeling of "no, it can't be...IT IS!" was absolutely delicious.

London 2012 rocks already!

Absolutely surreal to hear Gordon Brown saying "...Jimmy Page..." as he thanked them all at the reception back at the British HQ party (Boris Johnson's 'Wiff-Waff' story in HIS speech was hilarious. If that's on YouTube you could do worse than search it out).

Arms Concert

2 Firm Albums

Outrider

Unledded

Walking Into Clarksdale

02 concert

Death Wish II soundtrack

Roy Harper and Jimmy Page - Whatever happened to Jugula

Stones - Dirty Work sessions?

IM sure there is more

The telly performance IS tonight if you're in the US....EST 7:00

Skynard!!! Awesome!!! Good show? I have no doubt...

Ok now I don't have to hang myself, and yes It was awesome I pissed they OPENED for Kid Rock.

I posted a still from the youtube video of the guitar cord from Jimmys guitar. Some of it, the solo perhaps, very well may have been live.

Hey-Up,

I guess you could be right with the "SOLO" being LIVE, & the "Cord Clue", But as its been mentioned, we have had to wait over two weeks for the "MAIN EVENT", & well worth the wait it was

to see "SIR" Jimmy.

"And It Makes Me Wonder"

Hang-man. :ph34r:

Well I thought it was all rather jolly.

It brightened up my afternoon no end and was nearly worth having to sit through an hour of a thousand smiling small children waving flags. And missing most of the F1 European Grand Prix.

Mind you the chaps in the wheels were cool.....where do you buy those ?

And it could have been much , much worse. Think Spice Girls and JP.

Well I thought it was all rather jolly.

It brightened up my afternoon no end and was nearly worth having to sit through an hour of a thousand smiling small children waving flags. And missing most of the F1 European Grand Prix.

Mind you the chaps in the wheels were cool.....where do you buy those ?

And it could have been much , much worse. Think Spice Girls and JP.

No, Thank You.... I will not think that !

I need some good thoughts to clear the pallet on my mind, after that thought !! :D

Thanks for the clip beatbo!! I thought it was great and Leona did a great job singing it. However, I wish the commentators would have kept quiet! It was very annoying trying to listen and have them babbling on! I just thought of something, if Rio de Janeiro gets to host the Olympics in 2016( they are contenders) and since his wife Jimena is from Brazil, maybe Jimmy can play again at the 2012 closing ceremony as well for the send off to Brazil!! That would be cool!

still, his work calender has had huge empty periods in it. guess he's got food in his mouth now.

Raising his children, enjoying life as an elder statesman, travelling to Cambodia, travelling to Brazil, the ABC Trust efforts, interview after interview, accepting long deserved accolades, photo shoots. Maybe not musical pursuits, but the guy's been as active as ever. He said himself that he's ready to turn his attention to music again. Patience. B)

I enjoyed seeing the closing performance. Didn't mind the lip syncing among all the spectacle. And as cheesy as it first sounded, I got the whole Beckham thing with the football: Kicking it off to Britain for 2012. The message was clear and positive.

As for the ponytail, perhaps he's preparing to revive the Yardies soldier look in a modern version! :lol:

Britsoldier2.jpg

:lol: typical bloke's take on it!

Miss H D you are absolutely right. Apalling behaviour, outrageous even we should all be ashamed of ourselves for even thinking it! Ever hear the storey about JP and the Otopus incident? Now that really is outrageous!!!!

SS

Raising his children, enjoying life as an elder statesman, travelling to Cambodia, travelling to Brazil, the ABC Trust efforts, interview after interview, accepting long deserved accolades, photo shoots. Maybe not musical pursuits, but the guy's been as active as ever. He said himself that he's ready to turn his attention to music again. Patience. B)

I enjoyed seeing the closing performance. Didn't mind the lip syncing among all the spectacle. And as cheesy as it first sounded, I got the whole Beckham thing with the football: Kicking it off to Britain for 2012. The message was clear and positive.

As for the ponytail, perhaps he's preparing to revive the Yardies soldier look in a modern version! :lol:

Britsoldier2.jpg

I got it too, but it still seemed reminiscent of Wensleydale . . . :whistling:

Archived