Your dream Jimmy Page collaboration...

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love to see Jimmy jam live with the Dave Matthews Band :)

There's another one I'd like to see too; hopefully I won't get hammered :unsure: I know they aren't well thought of here, but it would be interesting to see him produce an album for Maroon 5. There's a definite edge to their lyrics, and rock potential below the surface, that he could really bring out in an interesting way if he could get them to loosen up.

I said on the old board that i'd like to see -jimmy page play with -pj harvey. I had read a comment in regards to the old board, that jimmy couldnt play anymore in 94/98.. and that was a total bummer. I was never thinking that -led zeppelin was going to get back together, so now i have to say.....led zeppelin!!!

• 1 year later...
I'd love to see Jimmy jam live with the Dave Matthews Band :)

I was listening to an audiophile radio show a few weekends ago and they had read alot of hate mail for the dave mathews band. i really didnt know there was such an angle against this band in the music community. i have a -dmb cd and its good.

I think jimmy could play with any band, or solo artist... its the creativity in the studio that would make for a great record. for the most part, i'm surprised he hasnt been a session guitarist on just a few tracks here and there, over the last ten yrs.

Singers: Johnette Napolitano, formerly of Concrete Blonde, Robert Smith from the CURE, Dave Matthews Jack White.

Guitarists: Jack White, Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Slash.

ooooh---Buddy Guy!! Now THAT would be a collaboration!! :)

Also, would still vote to see JP with Jeff Beck. :)

Sahron

I was listening to an audiophile radio show a few weekends ago and they had read alot of hate mail for the dave mathews band. i really didnt know there was such an angle against this band in the music community. i have a -dmb cd and its good.

I think jimmy could play with any band, or solo artist... its the creativity in the studio that would make for a great record. for the most part, i'm surprised he hasnt been a session guitarist on just a few tracks here and there, over the last ten yrs.

I'm of that number. As an artist I am living to create expressions of rock that eviscerate the likes of Dave Mathews. I saw Emmy Lou Harris do a duet with him on t.v. She was a good sport, but she is way out of his league. Dave Mathews puts peanut butter on my hackey sack.. puts a tuna fish sandwich in my dream cather.. puts a puddle of mud in my box of rain.. grrrrr. hate..

I'm of that number. As an artist I am living to create expressions of rock that eviscerate the likes of Dave Mathews. I saw Emmy Lou Harris do a duet with him on t.v. She was a good sport, but she is way out of his league. Dave Mathews puts peanut butter on my hackey sack.. puts a tuna fish sandwich in my dream cather.. puts a puddle of mud in my box of rain.. grrrrr. hate..

Different strokes for different folks. As much as I like DMB I would not put them in the same league as Zeppelin of course, however similarities like the live jams/improvs and innovative use of instruments (violin bow guitar and rock violin for example) made me think that a live collaboration could be really interesting (studio, not so much).

Different strokes for different folks. As much as I like DMB I would not put them in the same league as Zeppelin of course, however similarities like the live jams/improvs and innovative use of instruments (violin bow guitar and rock violin for example) made me think that a live collaboration could be really interesting (studio, not so much).

I'm soooooo sorry to say this - but Dave Matthews puts snakes in my plane, juice in my hood, and granma Klump's panties on my head. Why wouldn't J.P. want to get together with some Mississippi type boys for some true religion???

I'm soooooo sorry to say this - but Dave Matthews puts snakes in my plane, juice in my hood, and granma Klump's panties on my head. Why wouldn't J.P. want to get together with some Mississippi type boys for some true religion???

:lol: That is a pretty funny visual! He can do both collaborations; sure! We gave the one with Leona Lewis the benefit of the doubt and that turned out ok; so who knows? It's all in fun anyway; I think we'd all watch him play with The Wiggles as long as he was playing! :)

Archived