The crowd at the reunion

Thats because the screens would be facing towards the back of the arena, not toward the stage.

Well, I don't know if the screens were there or not, but in that pic you also don't see any camera flashes. So it could just be the light. My dvd shows constant flashes.

Regardless, I'll take the word of the person who's actually in the picture as regards what was in front of her. What was back by the soundboard might be another story.

Gee, I guess Mick Hughes is in the picture too (further back of course) and his word would be valid as well. So there you have it, apparently back by the soundboard WAS a different story.

Im sure he could see better too, being up higher on the soundboard versus trying to look over all the tall people around.

Is that a bit of snark?

How do you know she wasn't standing on her chair? :lol:

Psssst...Ev....no chairs on the floor. B)

Anyway I was at the O2 show, in fact in the middle of a bunch of so-called unresponsive celebs, and they were in fact dancing, singing and having a fucking great time. The only person I saw remain in his seat was the perma-dour Martin O'Neill. The atmosphere was electric, just fantastic.

Im sure he could see better too, being up higher on the soundboard versus trying to look over all the tall people around.

Is that a bit of snark?

How do you know she wasnt standing on her chair? :lol:

If I had been there, instead of being a tripod for my cellphone photography, I would have one of these. I DO like to see above the tall Dutch!

UP PERISCOPE! :lol:

Periscopes.jpg

zo9wns.jpg

I was trying to enjoy listening to the reunion bootleg (schopes mk 41 remaster) and I just can't beleive how many lucky knuckleheads got to go to see MY favorite band and couldn't even SHUT UP AND LISTEN for three hours.

So whadda ya think? Not real fans? Just too excited by LZ?

How's it going "chef free?" I have seen the 02 Arena 10 December 2007 show on DVD and heard it on CD. I saw LED ZEPPELIN live twice and I can tell you from personal experience that us fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics are crazy motherf*c*ers together in a venue or stadium. ZEPPELIN fans are notorious for getting crazy and obnoxious. Stabbings, fights, drug dealing, drunkenness and drama are nothing new at a ZEPPELIN concert. Have you read all of the stories as well as my story under the topic "What is the craziest thing that you ever did at a Led Zeppelin concert?" That pretty much speaks for itself. ROCK ON!

Psssst...Ev....no chairs on the floor. B)

Anyway I was at the O2 show, in fact in the middle of a bunch of so-called unresponsive celebs, and they were in fact dancing, singing and having a fucking great time. The only person I saw remain in his seat was the perma-dour Martin O'Neill. The atmosphere was electric, just fantastic.

Knebby, was it right what I read that the models at the show..Kate Moss, et al...got up and went crazy to Trampled Underfoot? :)

I took a camera in and I didn't get it out until at least Black Dog, I was just caught up in the moment. I remember that the middle tier - where the corporate etc seats were - took a while to fill up, even after Zeppelin came on. From what I could see though the crowd was very much into it though. Half-way through Rock & Roll I wandered from near front to the back of the floor to get close to the exit and was obviously facing the crowd and the whole place was rocking. One thing I've found about live recordings, especially boots, they might give you an indication of how the band sounded - but they rarely convey the atmosphere of the actual gig.

With regards to telephone cameras - they've been part and parcel of gigs for a few years now. I can't blame people for wanting to capture the moment - I'll treasure the photos I took for evermore.

I loved every second of it :rolleyes:

They just playing to me in the arena, it was juat that 18000 other people had gatecrashed the party.

I guess it was Roberts fault people didn't dance and scream as much as some think they should have. They didn't play any bluegrass and that would have had everyone dancing :blink:

Maybe it had to do with where you were sitting? In the upper tier - where the cool people were :) - I didn't see anyone mucking around with their phones or texting. There were some folks who were going out for drinks and/or the loo - people with no sense of occasion, obviously.

It doesn't surprise me though, it seems a lot of people are addicted to their Crackberrys and all their little gizmos. I can't understand people who'll pay hundred of dollars for a really primo seat at a concert, and then they'll text and/or chat with their friends, go buy more drinks, etc. throughout the entire show!

Can you tell I'm middle-aged... :)

Ladies of the celebrity section: did you see Richard Hammond, the short bloke from Top Gear? Or did you see Stewart Copeland, the drummer for The Police?

I loved every second of it :rolleyes:

They just playing to me in the arena, it was juat that 18000 other people had gatecrashed the party.

I guess it was Roberts fault people didn't dance and scream as much as some think they should have. They didn't play any bluegrass and that would have had everyone dancing :blink:

:rolleyes:

Talk about the same sad old song.

How's it going "chef free?" I have seen the 02 Arena 10 December 2007 show on DVD and heard it on CD. I saw LED ZEPPELIN live twice and I can tell you from personal experience that us fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics are crazy motherf*c*ers together in a venue or stadium. ZEPPELIN fans are notorious for getting crazy and obnoxious. Stabbings, fights, drug dealing, drunkenness and drama are nothing new at a ZEPPELIN concert. Have you read all of the stories as well as my story under the topic "What is the craziest thing that you ever did at a Led Zeppelin concert?" That pretty much speaks for itself. ROCK ON!

I only saw Zep once at their last US show (1977-07-24) and I can sadly attest to what you said. It was UGLY! However I have been assured by many who had seen them over the years that what I witnessed was NOT a typical Zep crowd. The year was '77 and every knucklehead in the Bay Area felt obligated to go see them, it was a "Day on the Green" which is not the best venue for music (good for partying though), the band was VERY late and they were in a real bad mood! I don't get that scary vibe from most of the bootlegs I've seen or heard.

I only saw Zep once at their last US show (1977-07-24) and I can sadly attest to what you said. It was UGLY! However I have been assured by many who had seen them over the years that what I witnessed was NOT a typical Zep crowd. The year was '77 and every knucklehead in the Bay Area felt obligated to go see them, it was a "Day on the Green" which is not the best venue for music (good for partying though), the band was VERY late and they were in a real bad mood! I don't get that scary vibe from most of the bootlegs I've seen or heard.

How's it going "chef free?" I saw LED ZEPPELIN twice, the first one was at The Forum on 23 June 1977 and the second was one month later at the Oakland Coliseum on 23 July 1977. Both concerts, fan wise, was extremely wild especially the Oakland 23 July 1977. Having the Oakland show in the afternoon didn't help at all. ROCK ON!

Perhaps it was more ugly in the States cos in the UK I am not aware of too many problems. In Eurpoe there was of course the Milan rioting :(

I have never really understood why Zep had so much shit happening in the audiences given that they were hardly a political, inciteful, angry agressive band compared to others down the years.

You can hardly class STH Thank You Rain song etc as songs to incite anger in people :blink:

Just too much testosterone in the crowd at timesI guess .

Plants fault :whistling:

Perhaps it was more ugly in the States cos in the UK I am not aware of too many problems. In Eurpoe there was of course the Milan rioting :(

I have never really understood why Zep had so much shit happening in the audiences given that they were hardly a political, inciteful, angry agressive band compared to others down the years.

You can hardly class STH Thank You Rain song etc as songs to incite anger in people :blink:

How's it going "ledded1?" Thats an interesting point that you made in reference as to why the crowds are more wild in the U.S. rather than in the U.K. Another perfect example is that THE STONES had The Hells Angels handle the security at Hyde Park in July 1969 and everything went fine. However, there was disaster at Altamont Speedway in 1969 when The Hells Angels handled the security for THE STONES there. I can't understand that myself. As for the ZEPPELIN crowds here in the U.S., us fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics are crazy lunatics. I, myself, had some crazy experiences at two ZEPPELIN shows in 1977 that I will never forget. ROCK ON!

I was at the O2 in the upper tier. As for myself, in the beginning, I felt as if I were paralyized watching something that was totally f**king amazing (my first time seeing Led Zep). After I came back to reality and settled in, I tapped my feet, clapped, sang a little and was fortunate to have a barrier in front of me where I laid my camera on and just snapped a lot of pics without taking my eyes off the concert. I could have gone all crazy-like singing and dancing to the music, but there was others around me taking photos and recording video and I was being considerate to them, while still enjoying the show in my own way. I know I would have been pissed after going to all that trouble to get there just to have some jackass in front/next to me blocking my view and singing obnoxiously in my ear.

As for the crowd, I saw people taking videos/pics with cameras/phones but they were only stopped momentarily to do so (for the most part). I saw a lot of dancing, singing, clapping and jumping around. There was even some crazy/wild dancing at the back on the floor behind the sound stage. I did notice celebres/corporate/vip in the 100 level keep going out for beers and chatting more than level 400 and floor area (for the most part) and there were also people who did that in level 400 and floor areas as well. I even saw several drunk-ass f**ckers who where too drunk to see the show and fell and spilt beer on people all around them.

Bottom line.... fantastic show.... a top highlight of my life that I will never forget... money well spent.

cheers

How's it going "ledded1?" As for the ZEPPELIN crowds here in the U.S., us fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics are crazy lunatics. I, myself, had some crazy experiences at two ZEPPELIN shows in 1977 that I will never forget. ROCK ON!

Hi back at you, I am good hope you are too.

You said it all right here :D

I have had 5 Zep experiences and share the never forgetting B)B)

We sent our crazy lunatics to see Sabbath so we could just enjoy Zep without them :rolleyes::lol:

How's it going "ledded1?" Thats an interesting point that you made in reference as to why the crowds are more wild in the U.S. rather than in the U.K. Another perfect example is that THE STONES had The Hells Angels handle the security at Hyde Park in July 1969 and everything went fine. However, there was disaster at Altamont Speedway in 1969 when The Hells Angels handled the security for THE STONES there. I can't understand that myself. As for the ZEPPELIN crowds here in the U.S., us fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics are crazy lunatics. I, myself, had some crazy experiences at two ZEPPELIN shows in 1977 that I will never forget. ROCK ON!

Saying all that wasn't there Hells Angels problems at the Isle of White festival in 1970 with Jimi Hendrix ? that was an English festival.

Nah. He just thinks it was. ;)

Archived