Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danelectro59

Big Wreck

293 posts in this topic

I like these guys alot. I think they sound very Zeppelinesque, especially the song "The Oaf"

Too bad they broke up after only two albums, but lead vocalist Ian Thornley did release a record with his new band a couple of years ago. Haven't heard much since. Two other groups I like from the same era are Tantric and Days of the New. Oh yea, and Tea Party. Awesome groups.

You're kiddin' me, right?

Search "Thornley" on this site. If I'm not attached to every mention I'll eat my foot. I have been

Glad to see another Zephead feels the connect to Big Wreck. The new Thornley is gonna drop next month.

Glad to see another Zephead feels the connect to Big Wreck. The new Thornley is gonna drop next month.

Thanks and thanks for the heads up. I know he's bigger in Canada than the US, but i'm fortunate to get Canadian stations so i'll be listening.

Hey cool.

I'm from Jersey here in the US and got hooked on their first CD in '97 when NY stations were hawkin' The Oaf. Incredibly Zeppelin-esque IMO.

Perhaps it's an acquired taste for some.

Perhaps it's an acquired taste for some.

Screw that. They were as good as anything out at the time, along with those other groups i've mentioned. What may have hurt them is pop type groups like Blink 182, Sloane and Lit. People just can't get away from that three minute attention span.

I saw Thornley a few years ago and was amazed at how Ian had the crowd in the palm of his hands. The show was sold out, and the crowd was so into it. I didn't realize their popularity until that show.

His fan base is not very wide, but it is deep. Witness my incessant postings on this guy. He's got EXTREME talent.

An old Big Wreck tune played with incredible taste.

I Love his tone.

New song is up. I've heard most of the album (gonna be released soon). Zep fans (of which Ian Thornley, the genius behind it all, is one) are gonna love it. Lots of tight but loose feel, and full on tribute to the mighty Zep. Happy, happy, joy, joy Big Wreck are back.

http://www.bigwreckmusic.com/

I'll bet that sounds pretty damn good coming thru those Klipsch speakers of your's :yesnod:

It's money Ally! Thornley himself has sent me the entire album and it's fantastic. It's VERY tight but loose! Can't wait 'til it drops on Feb!! How you been?

Hiya BUK ! I'm fine thank you hope you are too :)

Given the amount of notoriety you've afforded Thornely and Big Wreck, I'm happy to hear that you've been forwarded a copy as you certainly deserve it ! I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing myself and if Albatross is any indication, I'm gonna enjoy it :) .

Take care my friend

Albatross is the #1 song on the Alt Charts in Canada. Hope it'll be released in the US soon.