Yet More O2 Production Stuff.....

Another technical article on the O2 show, this time a press release from Midas Consoles who provided the XL8 for front of house and the Heritage 3000 for the monitors.

Mainly techie stuff, but there are some nice pics taken from the XL8 driving seat including one of a setlist with what I think are RP's vocal FX settings scribbled on it.

http://www.midasconsoles.com/pressreleases...d-Zeppelin.html

An amazing bit of kit. Looks like the bridge of the Enterprise.

I'll ask for one for Christmas.

:D

Is this the setup respnsible for the feedback at their O2 show ? ? ? <_<

the feedback problems normally should be coming from the onstage monitor system, not the front of house (FOH) system. the only mention in the article is this:

"Onstage, a Midas Heritage 3000 handled the band’s monitor duties under sound engineer Dee Miller. " this really can sometimes be a difficult task to handle (i.e. at a large scale event),

so don´t put the engineers down globally - for instance it could have been the singer´s fault, getting too close to the monitors with the mic.. hard to say what really happened.

thanx 4 posting the link anyway, great insight!

the feedback problems normally should be coming from the onstage monitor system, not the front of house (FOH) system. the only mention in the article is this:

"Onstage, a Midas Heritage 3000 handled the band’s monitor duties under sound engineer Dee Miller. " this really can sometimes be a difficult task to handle (i.e. at a large scale event),

so don´t put the engineers down globally - for instance it could have been the singer´s fault, getting too close to the monitors with the mic.. hard to say what really happened.

thanx 4 posting the link anyway, great insight!

Robert didn't do a lot of singing on the rehearsal/soundcheck day apparently, so that could part of the reason why there were issues (there we go, blame Robert for everything!).

It's a common problem really, and there's no way to completely fix it. I have heard of monitor engineers who say that literally they can dial everything in perfectly, pointing the mic directly at every monitor without feedback. Then, as soon as the singer picks up the mic, out of nowhere the feedback appears.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived