Pink Floyd's Rick Wright Dead

leddy

I have just heard on the radio the Rick Wright has died, I don't know if this is on another topic but couldn't find it !!

Thats sad news to a founder member of The Floyd :(

update ..

Just found this online 4 mins ago.....The Independent

Richard Wright, a founder member of Pink Floyd, died today at the age of 65 after battling cancer, his spokesman said.

Wright played the keyboard with the legendary band and wrote music in classic albums like the Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here.

His spokesman said: "The family of Richard Wright, founder member of Pink Floyd, announce with great sadness, that Richard died today after a short struggle with cancer.

"The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."

Oh my ..... Very sad day indeed! Rest in peace Richard. Your family will be in my thoughts. I still cannot believe this, was he sick with anything?

Peace to all who were close to this great musician.

This makes me very sad. He always seemed to be a very humble musician that knew how to play to serve the song. A true legend and icon.

He had cancer,

Strange i didn't know he was ill and he was also due to tour with Gilmours band soon.

sorry to admin, I posted this again in the news section and hadn't seen that you moved it, thought it had disappeared.

Aw, that was a beautiful tribute! There was something magical about the sound that he brought to PF.

Yes and I loved his vocals, they fitted in so well, especially on Echoes...really really lovely stuff !!

Archived