New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

I would rather see another source before saying it's true. But if this has any truth to it. I would like for this project to be called something else. I would go see it anyway, but Led Zeppelin isn't Led Zeppelin without Plant. I would say the same thing if they tried a reunion with like Dave Grohl instead of Jason Bonham. I also think this is pretty much trying to send a message to Plant that if he wants to do a reunion he better, if not they are going to work to go on without him.

Actually, there's a lot of truth to this.

When you say there is alot of truth in the article, is that because you think or know that they will tour as Zep without him or that they will call the band another name with a new singer doing Zep stuff??

I wonder who this "American guy" who's been rehearsing with them is? (provided of course that this article is true).

Incidentally, it wasn't just the estate of Jim Morrison that had a problem with Ray Manzarek, Robbie Krieger and Ian Astbury touring as The Doors of the 21st Century, John Densmore was against it too. They had to change the name to Riders On The Storm.

The fact that this substantiates actual rehearsing is great news alone.

It's not uncommon for bands to use fill in vocals , for practise purposes.

This has many possibilities . If true at all so then again .

I like the idea of the three being together , gelling and talks of next year's tour.

That is really exciting.

Thanks MISSHD .

Cheers

Thing is though Page has been quoted saying they are not really recording so its all just guessing games .

leddy, as I said in another thread, I don't believe that Jason would of left Foreigner with 2 months left of a tour for nothing. Timings and schedules would have been worked out. Something is happening. That's my opinion anyway :) (even though I did say don't get too excited at the start of this thread ;) )

leddy, as I said in another thread, I don't believe that Jason would of left Foreigner with 2 months left of a tour for nothing. Timings and schedules would have been worked out. Something is happening. That's my opinion anyway :) (even though I did say don't get too excited at the start of this thread ;) )

I really hope so, I am just trying not to get really really excited yet because can you imagine the chaos if they really did do a Zep something anything again ? if its like the build up to the O2 gig then I think i will need a pacemaker fitted :)

Thanks for posting this MissHD! Great news. I don't think they need to fly under the Led Zeppelin banner. They will sell out arenas anyway. As for Plant, well, just leave Mister Crabbypants where he's at. :o:D He's doing fine without them and they'll be fine without him. :)

If there's any truth in it, then, for once, I'm not adverse to saying 'The Sun - We love it'.

The American 'singer' isn't the one that Jimmy's recently been 'treading the boards' with, so to speak? Actually, I can't see that at all, but it'd be interesting all the same.

I'm taking the story and the paper with a grain of salt. I'm not gonna allow myself to get excited until something is said by one of the boys.

Thanks for the story, Miss HD

The absolute worst thing they could ever do would be to hire any singer, and I repeat any, and try to pawn it off as Led Zeppelin. By that I mean go on tour and play and entire Zep set. Even if it's the "three J's" onstage it will come across as a cheesy ripoff. Package them with a reunited Journey and Styx and "Coming next summer to a theme park near you!"

Ridiculous.....and embarrassing I might add.

I can't see Jimmy even hint at "replacing" Robert personally. They couldn't replace Bonzo, so there definitely isn't a chance they could replace Robert.

No Plant = No Zep.

Having said that:

Assuming that Robert is not involved (and that certainly appears to be the case) then the best thing they could do, and I've said it on this board for months, is to hook up with a young (comparitively speaking) energetic guy like Grohl or Jack White, record some NEW material and go out and kick some serious butt....and throw in a Black Dog or Trampled Underfoot into the set for good measure. That IMO would be incredible.

I can see them doing the latter, but the concept of replacing Robert in a "new" Led Zep is silly to even suggest and you can rest assured they realize that as well.

The absolute worst thing they could ever do would be to hire any singer, and I repeat any, and try to pawn it off as Led Zeppelin. By that I mean go on tour and play and entire Zep set. Even if it's the "three J's" onstage it will come across as a cheesy ripoff. Package them with a reunited Journey and Styx and "Coming next summer to a theme park near you!"

I can't see Jimmy even hint at "replacing" Robert personally. They couldn't replace Bonzo, so there definitely isn't a chance they could replace Robert.

No Plant = No Zep.

Having said that:

Assuming that Robert is not involved (and that certainly appears to be the case) then the best thing they could do, and I've said it on this board for months, is to hook up with a young (comparitively speaking) energetic guy like Grohl or Jack White, record some NEW material and go out and kick some serious butt....and throw in a Black Dog or Trampled Underfoot into the set for good measure. That IMO would be incredible.

I can see them doing the latter, but the concept of replacing Robert in a "new" Led Zep is silly to even suggest and you can rest assured they realize that as well.

White's my vote. Said that a few weeks ago at R-O - he adds the second guitar element, and his vocal style is much more bluesy. All conjecture, of course.

When they say American singer are they refering specifically to Dave Grohl? I noticed a few days ago Grohl announced that Foo Fighters will be taking a break:

Foo Fighters to take "a long break"

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/foo...ng-break-174148

Coincidence?

Meg

It cannot be Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant. Period. Maybe he is an enlightened soul who knows the mysticism of what Zeppelin once was can never be recaptured. Maybe he is just being an obstinant jerk. Whatever the reason, it cannot be Zep without Robert.

That is not to say that it can't be exceptional. I just want to see Jimmy get one last chance to rock at this point. Time is short, and I think the Magus has a few more spells to cast before he is done. So, bring it on!

No Plant = No Zep.

Having said that:

I agree! I can't imagine they would even consider that possibility. If this story has truth to it, it will be a new band performing new songs and possibly going on tour with a few classics thrown in. B) Though Jack White or Dave Grohl as the singer doesn't exactly float my boat so to speak....... :unsure: But I'd give it a chance.

When they say American singer are they refering specifically to Dave Grohl? I noticed a few days ago Grohl announced that Foo Fighters will be taking a break:

Foo Fighters to take "a long break"

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/foo...ng-break-174148

Coincidence?

Meg

uuuuuuuuugh I knew someone would make that connection (no offense, Meg :) ). I thought Dave was taking a break to continue his research for his own version of I'm With the Band B)

No Plant = No Zep.

Having said that:

I think this is the most likely scenario. Although I doubt if Grohl or Jack are in the picture.

Archived