Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

I had to learn the metric system in science class, Del. And that was about ten years or so ago...

I had never heard the word "deadly" used in this context, "Wow, we saw a movie yesterday, and it was just deadly," or "Man, you sure are looking deadly!"

I got that last comment from a Canadian friend, and I was like :huh:

I also wish the loonies and doonies sytem would catch on here in the States. <_< I just don't get why people think that dollar coins are just for collecting. :lol:

Loonies and toonies rock...although the nicknames for them are retarded :rolleyes:

I hate having a giant wad of one dollar bills stuffed in my purse...

But then the problem becomes your heavy ass purse with all the coins jangling around in it..

Plus you can't stuff dollar coins down strippers' g-strings...they just keep dropping out. B)

I know, I'm Canadian, remember? :lol: (Unless that was for the benefit of other people... ;) )

Yes..I know you're a Canadian..

The metric info was for non-Canadians...I'm sure they already know...

Juliet

PS Where is the original post about "deadly"?

Edited by Juliet

I'm not Canadian, English or anything, but I know the word "Deadly" is used by Irish people in the context discussed above.. At least by one that I know.

Yeah, I think I've heard some of my Irish friends say that too. English, Irish and Scottish words and sayings are plentiful in Canada :) My friends say the word 'deadly' like people from Massachussetts say 'wicked' :lol:

Yeah, I think I've heard some of my Irish friends say that too. English, Irish and Scottish words and sayings are plentiful in Canada :) My friends say the word 'deadly' like people from Massachussetts say 'wicked' :lol:

Yea, I guess "you look deadly" can have different meanings depending where you are.. It might create a situation you didn't expected.. :D

Hello:

I was watching CTV News Net and saw The Spice Girls opened their tour in Vancouver..

As I was listening to the report I heard the tickets sold out in 38 secs for the gig in London U.K.....

I also see alot of reports on Much Music about Britney Spears...excuse me..I thought Much Music was a Canadian station...what about giving the same attention to our own artists???

Juliet

Woo-hoo! I love Banff :) I always wanted to live there...what are you doing in Banff? :) (I love Ottawa too...my brother lived there for 11 years...)

yeah banff is pretty amazing...im basically here just killing time...snowboarding and drinking pretty much haha...but im leaving in about a week unfortunetly...back to smelly old ottawa (haha just kidding, i love ottawa too)

Hello:

I was watching CTV News Net and saw The Spice Girls opened their tour in Vancouver..

As I was listening to the report I heard the tickets sold out in 38 secs for the gig in London U.K.....

I also see alot of reports on Much Music about Britney Spears...excuse me..I thought Much Music was a Canadian station...what about giving the same attention to our own artists???

Juliet

AND THE SAME APPLIES FOR ALL CANADIAN NETWORKS....MORE SUPPORT FOR OUR OWN ARTISTS!!!