The Freedom Tower

Jimmy's A Legend

I think a memorial garden or something similar would've been better.

One of my favourite places to go in London is St Paul's Church in Covent Garden. They have this lovely garden at the back where you can just sit. Many people who work in the area, gather and eat lunch and chat, you know, just take a break for a short while from their hectic schedule.

I always thought that that would've been a more fitting tribute to the victims in New York.

One of my favourite places to go in London is St Paul's Church in Convent Garden. They have this lovely garden at the back where you can just sit. Many people, who work in the area, gather and eat lunch and chat, you know, just take a break for a short while from their hectic schedule.

I always thought that that would've been a more fitting tribute to the victims in New York.

I like this idea,and I also think that this structure should never have been built.I feel that the original towers should have been re-built,beam by beam,to look exactly as they did before the attacks.as a big ol' FUCK YOU!! to the fucking scum that destroyed them in the first place.

I like this idea,and I also think that this structure should never have been built.I feel that the original towers should have been re-built,beam by beam,to look exactly as they did before the attacks.as a big ol' FUCK YOU!! to the fucking scum that destroyed them in the first place.

I agree 1000%!!

Stick it up your ass Osama/Bama

B)

I agree 59LP! It's so sad how political the entire thing has gotten. With the victims families bickering and disagreeing with everything that was proposed and with each other, public critisism, construction delays, etc. 7 years later it's still a big hole in the ground. Sad, sad, sad.

The Pentagon, and memorial, on the other hand were rebuilt within a year.

Agreed.

It is kind of pathetic that 7 years later there remains a giant hole.
What, pray tell, did you expect? These things don't build overnight...

Or did you think something else would be built there? That's a great way for a gas station to get customers. "Here is the site of 9/11...now buy my gas!" :rolleyes:

What, pray tell, did you expect? These things don't build overnight...

Or did you think something else would be built there? That's a great way for a gas station to get customers. "Here is the site of 9/11...now buy my gas!" :rolleyes:

Don't be a jackass. The Sears Tower was built in 3 years. The World Trade Center was built in 7, and that includes the time necessary to build the "bathtub" for the foundation. The Burj Dubai should have a total construction time of 5 years. The empty hole after 7 years is a true indication there is far too much bureaucracy involved with rebuilding at the site.

I think the Freedom Tower design is beautiful. Now that said, a lot could change by the time it's done to compromise it (ie/ change in materials used - and just because construction has begun doesn't mean it can't happen, there's plenty of expensive precedents for it), but yeah, so far, it's great.

Atlas, I get your a conspiracy theorist, but please don't tell me you're one of those 'the Jews want to take over the world' guys. Uuuugh puh-leeeaase, zzzzz

Just to clarify, Atlas, the Step 4 I was referring to was this:

gbeck5.gif

Still funny the second time around

Now to your link. I watched it, all of it, and don't see any of these:

RHETORIC: The art or study of using language effectively and persuasively.

ARGUMENTATION: [L. argumentatio, from argumentari: cf. F. argumentation.]

1. The act of forming reasons, making inductions, drawing conclusions, and applying them to the case in discussion; the operation of inferring propositions, not known or admitted as true, from facts or principles known, admitted, or proved to be true.

2. a course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating a truth or falsehood; the methodical process of logical reasoning; "I can't follow your line of reasoning"

And, therefore, no

FACT: Etymology: Latin factum deed, real happening, something done, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere to do, make

1 : something that has actual existence : a matter of objective reality

2 : any of the circumstances of a case that exist or are alleged to exist in reality : a thing whose actual occurrence or existence is to be determined by the evidence presented at trial

I'd go through the video and point out the blatant misrepresentation of information but I suspect that would be a waste of my time since you do not seem to want to engage in possibilities but defend what you know as 'truth'. There are simply no coherent lines of reasoning. WAY too many leaps in logic. And I'm not so set that I wouldn't consider it if there were something credible to take in.

One of my favourite places to go in London is St Paul's Church in Covent Garden. They have this lovely garden at the back where you can just sit. Many people who work in the area, gather and eat lunch and chat, you know, just take a break for a short while from their hectic schedule.

I like this idea. When I was in your neck of the woods I took a tour of a dungeon and thought I would be freaked out, but I wasn't. I stood in a place where people had their feet knawed off by rats, but instead of feeling sick I felt a connection to humanity. I don't know if I can expalin it much better than that, but I think you guys have an advantage in such a long history. When you live in/near and interact with a thousand years of history as a backdrop it must be quite a perspective.

I don't have a clue as to what an "appropriate" tribute really means, but I like the idea of sitting in a park and carrying on with life. Somehow it seems right.

Loose Change is a joke. Even the 9/11 Truth Movement people laugh at it...they did little to no research on anything they wrote about. Bunch of college morons

THIS is still one of the greatest things I've ever written.

I'll take science over 3 kids and some random dude named Barry ;)

I think the design is beautiful.

I see where you're coming from, but if you can improve...why not?

Plus I think it would be kinda weird to be in an exact replica of the twin towers. Sort of like a haunted house deal. Does anyone get what I'm saying?

Archived