The Best Zeppelin Cover

Rock And Roll

[blind Melon did a pretty good job with Out On The Tiles live too]

[The version they did for the Led Zeppelin Tribute compilation album was crap in comparison to the way they played it in concert... I wish a good video was available, but all the ones on youtube are shitty quality]

[ :angry: ]

As written on some old similar thread, I think that all made by Dread Zeppelin is / was cool and funny.

I agree with Communication breakdown plus Frank Zappa STH (I think it's the best cover version).

... but there are so many disgusting and awful out there ...

Don't remember the channel but I saw a show called "Heart and friends" from Atlantic City and Gretchen Wilson came out and knocked the shit out of Rock and Roll. I'm no country fan so I didn't expect much but she was ON! Very impressive!

Didn't mind Duran Duran's version of Thank You either.

Holy shit, how could I forget Tool covering No Quarter... the shit's tight!

Heres a live performance from 1995: Its a little slow at the start... but I'd definitely reccommend watching this to the very end... the ending is insane. They actually play it alot better than this, I've seen it live.., but this is the only video I could find that sounds decent...

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=tYqxnBaNOKk&...feature=related

• 3 weeks later...
If I'm not mistaken, Train Kept A Rollin was the first song Zep played together.

That's right. Because of the Yardbirds. "Good Hot One," the soundboard from Zurich, they opened with it.

The only cover of their songs that I really will listen to is Godsmack's "Good Times Bad Times," because it sounds so close.

I love Great White's CD, "Great Zeppelin". It is a live recording of one of the special Led Zeppelin tribute shows they did back in 1998.

Great White is fantastic at covering Led Zeppelin, and their singer, Jack Russell can really nail Robert Plant, yet give it his own originality.

Here is a YouTube clip of them doing Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhcAS2-tBb8

I love Great White's CD, "Great Zeppelin". It is a live recording of one of the special Led Zeppelin tribute shows they did back in 1998.

Great White is fantastic at covering Led Zeppelin, and their singer, Jack Russell can really nail Robert Plant, yet give it his own originality.

Here is a YouTube clip of them doing Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhcAS2-tBb8

Didn't really like the way he did it as he wasn't original whatsoever at all. He sang all of Robert's ad libs when he sung it. It was completely word for word like the studio version. Just a clone of it. You need to add your own touch to it, when doing something like this. Try to be at least a little bit unique about it. :thumbdown:

Archived