Reunion DVD

Oh, and like everybody else I'd definitely buy the DVD the moment it came out (the likelyhood of which has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere).

Somebody gave me an audio boot last week (don't have any of the boot DVDs). The sound quality (and the "wet fish handclapping" near the recorder) were so disappointing in comparison with my recollection of 10/12/2008, I wish I hadn't heard it.

Even during the show I had determined to buy any (official) DVD released ASAP to get anything I'd missed.

There are several different bootlegs around of varying quality. They are pretty good, if you compare them to the stuff we have of the '68 - '80 period, but certainly don't approach the quality you would get from an official release.

Certainly the production values were excellent for the show. If it looks like Zeppelin will never play again, I would imagine a DVD would be produced. However if the 3 Js are working on new material, or a new tour, or are still deciding what to do, I don't imagine a DVD of O2 would be high on Jimmy's priority list (Jimmy has always been the driving force for all the recent releases).

However, with concerns for the band's legacy, the quality of the performance may be a hindrance to a DVD release. If the 3 J's go out and tour, I think a DVD of them would be more likely than the O2.

Is it also possible that Plant does not want ZEPPELIN to tour in 2009 because of America's failing economy? In my opinion, Plant is more worried that there will be no sell-out shows if the economy gets worse in the coming months. What do all of you think of that statement? ROCK ON!

Wow.

There are several different bootlegs around of varying quality. They are pretty good, if you compare them to the stuff we have of the '68 - '80 period, but certainly don't approach the quality you would get from an official release.

Certainly the production values were excellent for the show. If it looks like Zeppelin will never play again, I would imagine a DVD would be produced. However if the 3 Js are working on new material, or a new tour, or are still deciding what to do, I don't imagine a DVD of O2 would be high on Jimmy's priority list (Jimmy has always been the driving force for all the recent releases).

However, with concerns for the band's legacy, the quality of the performance may be a hindrance to a DVD release. If the 3 J's go out and tour, I think a DVD of them would be more likely than the O2.

Has anybody seen the Katzeye DVD?

Good video for the most part and excellent sound.

Must be played LOUD!

I don't know but I've been told! ;)

As my moniker states ---- I am clearly in favour of an official DVD . And waiting like many.

That's barely worth typing --duh !!!

What is intriguing in regards to the vid's and audio out so far is that something better can still be produced.

The 4TH EYE is the best at the moment . One solid camera angle from afar , mixed with two far away side angles and a couple others that overall , seem way back.

Sound wise it's stunning in matrix and all , and the look is nice for an impression of the show at a distance. What's missing are the close-ups.

It surprises me that someone hasn't put together a better version .

With all the footage available from the front rows, including my own , why hasn't there been an effort to make a killer version ???

If I had the skills I would , but currently my situation is in a learning curve.

C'mon someone from my area --- lets make the bootleg of the decade.

Anyone ????

Mark my words: You will see an official release at some point.

The real question is when.

As many have pointed out, the "3 Js" are doing their own thing. Jimmy (who does all the production) is likely busy with Jason and John Paul, if not his own solo work. I'd rather see this work come to fruition than an official release of something they already did.

And even if Led Zeppelin (-John, +Jason) is in it for the money (which I don't think they are) I don't care. I care about the music and the quality associated with an official release.

To the person who thinks Robert Plant won't tour the United States because of the economic crisis--THINK AGAIN! Last I checked, Plant was already touring America with Allison Krauss. :blink:

I think the main reason the DVD was shelved was because they thought they could compile better/longer performances from a subsequent tour. If they now think Led Zeppelin is down for the count, I think we'll see the DVD sooner rather than later. They will just have to really work hard to remove the feedback and clean up the mix in the first couple tunes.

is that so?..... wow. Never heard about it... :huh:

I didn't hear that Robert wasn't pleased w/ his performance. Where did that come from? I just listened to the whole "Third Eye" version the other night W/O watching, while I was painting and it was pretty Damn good! It's a different experience just listening to it w/out watching it. IMO if they release it, just do the best songs, that came out the best and "If needed", can be manipulated in the studio, and mix in other footage of the Audience, rehearsals, and the band interacting with fans who got to meet them. And some of the other celebreties that were there. I'm still crossing my fingers that Robert is just fooling around to make people want it more, and to stop Newspapers like 'The Sun" from running rampant w/ false stories. Stop false ticket sales, and take the focus off of Zep so he can finish his tour w/out being bothered. I don't know how he can pass something like this up. I know he already did the P/P thing, but with the release of the DVD's and HTWWW, all the new fans and new interest in the band, and I do believe they should go out as LED ZEPPELIN, this tour would surpass everything. It would be a RECORD BREAKING nostalgia tour that could compete with or surpass records set by Garth Brooks, Billy Joel, The Who, and the Stones. Forget the Economy I think fan response would be Rabid, and Devastating! Zeppelin Stadium Tour in the summer? They would be untouchable.

They will just have to really work hard to remove the feedback and clean up the mix in the first couple tunes.

The multi-track recording they have will be un-mixed, at this stage. The signals are recorded before they are mixed for the Front-of-House mix. This means that while feedback will be present, it will be mostly isolated to Plant's vox track, and can be cleaned up easily. A full mix will still have to be produced from scratch.

5 to 10 years before a DVD sees the light.

Plus, Steve, I disagree with your wording that Zeppelin ended 28 years ago. It will live on forever.....that is due to the product they put out on vinyl and on stage. This is not a funeral people!

The alchemical bond which made it all possible ended 28 years ago. The phenomena

of Led Zeppelin and their music will be recalled and enjoyed for many years to come.

Hi all,

The alchemical bond which made it all possible ended 28 years ago. The phenomena

of Led Zeppelin and their music will be recalled and enjoyed for many years to come.

Steve,agreed.But that one night came damn close.I'll count the coppers and buy the DVD when ever it does come out.Bet the house that it will,those multi-cameras were not just for the video screen me buck-o's :D

So,if I may ask the question: why on the third rock from the sun, bill them as Led Zeppelin? :unsure: Why not Page&Plant,Jonesy(we found your phone number mate!) and Mr. Jason Bonham? Not enough room on the programme?

KB

Led Zeppelin ended 28 years ago. It's all nostalgia.

They considered it to be Led zeppelin. I consider by being there that I have seen Led Zeppelin at least (and most likely only) once before I die - and been at the most significant single rock show in history.

I believe that the alchemical bond was the reason the three consided Jason as the right choice for the job and the part of Bonzo that is Jason extended that bond.

I can't imagine that all four in the own way (and 20,000 there present) didn't feel Bonzo in the room that night.

Hi all,

Steve,agreed.But that one night came damn close.I'll count the coppers and buy the DVD when ever it does come out.Bet the house that it will,those multi-cameras were not just for the video screen me buck-o's :D

So,if I may ask the question: why on the third rock from the sun, bill them as Led Zeppelin? :unsure: Why not Page&Plant,Jonesy(we found your phone number mate!) and Mr. Jason Bonham? Not enough room on the programme?

KB

Point taken! If Robert is just playing around (I hope), and if they tour, it is LED ZEPPELIN!!!!! The O2 show (Was) LED ZEPPELIN! If Robert comes around and they tour it will take over the world. W/O Robert it will be "well received" but it won't be "The Super Event". If they tour with another singer, they should just call it "The Three J's @.....?"

Yes, now would be a good time for the official DVD to come out. As Jimmy is blatantly aware of the bootleg issue, I'm sure he realizes a few people have not-so-official versions. :unsure: It's been almost a year... just in time for the holiday season! :)

now's the time, the time is now!

lmfao only a few, i think everyone has a bootleg copy. But maybe he was hoping something would come from 02 which is smart. but i mean he let the bootleggers cash in. Im hoping the one jimmy's realeses is masterd and that it sounds epic. which i have no doupt it will be its just a tab over due... Plus they could include the whole show with the other bands as well because most of the bootlegs were just showing zeppelin. All in all id be happy with a nice little collectors dvd from the event... it is needed lol

All i know is it won't be coming out this year or anytime in the near future because i know people in the DVD distribution industry and there are no planned releases to the wharehouses as yet and these things are known well in advance ......so keep on hoping but don't hold yer breath !

All i know is it won't be coming out this year or anytime in the near future because i know people in the DVD distribution industry and there are no planned releases to the wharehouses as yet and these things are known well in advance ......so keep on hoping but don't hold yer breath !

Not many people outside of the band and perhaps Warner music (I am supposing they will release it), knows what is going on.

Once again an unsubstantiated comment borne out of someone working in a warehouse who knows someone, who knows nothing, said so.

My guess and I said guess, is that if and when it does see the light of day we'll know about it here in the form of an announcement.

After all this is the "official" website, right?

Anyway, released or not I have my own momento of the show so that'll do me.

If they ever decide to release it, I can't see it happening for quite some time. These things are normally released to boost a group's profile - to raise interest perhaps to another generation. Zeppelin's profile is very high at the moment, what with the recent Mothership & TSRTS releases and especially the O2 reunion and the feverish speculation of further activity. If they are considering releasing it I'd hang until it dies down a bit.

That said, I'd be surprised if it does ever see the light of day.

If they ever decide to release it, I can't see it happening for quite some time. These things are normally released to boost a group's profile - to raise interest perhaps to another generation. Zeppelin's profile is very high at the moment, what with the recent Mothership & TSRTS releases and especially the O2 reunion and the feverish speculation of further activity. If they are considering releasing it I'd hang until it dies down a bit.

That said, I'd be surprised if it does ever see the light of day.

How's it going "hot dog" as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I have a question for all of you, if KNEBWORTH from 4 and 11 August 1979, EARL'S COURT from 24 and 25 May 1975 and SEATTLE KINGDOME 17 July 1977 haven't been released on DVD, what makes you think that the REUNION CONCERT at the 02 ARENA is going to see a release date on DVD? In the mean time, I am enjoying excellent picture and sound quality of these shows in bootleg form and I will for many years to come. ROCK ON!

Archived