if Jimmy renames the band, what would be a good name?

babybluejeans

Savage Animal??? :D

(it just rolls off your tongue... say it!!! ) :rolleyes:

Tea For Three More???

Three Stooges??? :o (oh, already been done)

The 4 Horsemen???

(Jimmy would be dressed in Black (as always)...

Jonesy, Jason and the other guy get to fight over who wears the Pale, White and Red outfits) :duel:

:banana:

R B)

With the latter being left on the cutting room floor when "This Is Spinal Tap" was being edited.

I still vote for the cowardly lion.

It is sooooo appropriate.

In what way? Robert's decision is anything but cowardly - and he's been the only one brave enough to actually comment on it. Still waiting for any word at all from the other three since the Sun's articles (which were about THEIR project).

How about --- WFT Just Do It 2009

Or anything else that puts to rest all this waiting and wishing.

I am as big a fan as anyone , and a devoted JP listener .

Anyone that knows me will vouch for my worship.

I went for a bike ride the other day and it occurred to me , and perhaps this needs it's own thread but , since C/P , has Jimmy written and produced any material that has seen the light of day since WIC.

Besides A Whole In My Bucket with RP not long ago .

Basically we've been waiting for 10 years .

That's an eternity to wait for something new.

Personally , I don't think a new band will have a name .

It will just be the member's names Volume 1, or something to that effect.

But it is fun to play with.

How's this ?? --- It's About Time

Cheers

The only cowards I have seen, related to this reunion issue, are the few LZ "fans" that purchased tickets to see RPAK in St. Louis and Austin only to spend their time at the show verbally abusing the performers. Wish I had that kind of money to WASTE.

As for Band Names, how about "The Great Divide"? Or has that name already been taken? LOL.

I know it's so appropriate.

But that would be like nameing the band after the person who left.

That Golden God as he is sometimes called.

And Percyless, unplanted etc... so hillarious!!!

Since Robert is out, well...... I dunno.

They're still Led Zeppelin to me. :D

(I didn't find this topic or thread anywhere on this and hope it's in the right place.)

I know that even if they renamed the band, they'd still be doing Led Zeppelin material.

Jimmy won't name the band. The band will collectively name itself, as with any good name.

I vote for:

"No Led Singer"

It's Jimmy's band. It's always been Jimmy's band. Jimmy plucked Robert from obscurity. He might have made it later, but he made it then because of Jimmy. Robert has done a lot of work since Zep, but has it been up to the same standard? I think not, although I did enjoy the sax solo on "Pictures".

That said, Robert's probably tired... he's been on tour all year, put up with the Reunion hype last summer and fall, and now no one will leave him alone about more Zep crap. Give it a rest. I love Jason. God bless him, but he should have kept quiet during that Detroit interview... what was it Robert said about Detroit? Anyway, give Rob a vacation from all the nonsense and maybe he'll change his mind in '09.

'course I'd go see them without a vocalist...

It's Jimmy's band. It's always been Jimmy's band. Jimmy plucked Robert from obscurity. He might have made it later, but he made it then because of Jimmy. Robert has done a lot of work since Zep, but has it been up to the same standard? I think not, although I did enjoy the sax solo on "Pictures".

That said, Robert's probably tired... he's been on tour all year, put up with the Reunion hype last summer and fall, and now no one will leave him alone about more Zep crap. Give it a rest. I love Jason. God bless him, but he should have kept quiet during that Detroit interview... what was it Robert said about Detroit? Anyway, give Rob a vacation from all the nonsense and maybe he'll change his mind in '09.

'course I'd go see them without a vocalist...

Hi Kashmirk, welcome to the boards. I always seem to say something that makes someone new join!

Haha I don't think RP played the sax on that one.

I agree about Robert though. Leave the man alone. No one wants to be forced into doing something. If Robert Plant gets on board then let him do it on his own time. The more we press on and on about the negativity of it all, the more he won't want to come back. Just leave him be and let him sort it out for himself.

Other names:

Perhaps they should name it after John somehow. Nothing too direct like "John" or "Bonham" or even "John Bonham", but maybe if his symbol on the fourth album has a name, I'd use that name, something similar to it.

Well i mean Although jimmy did snag robert out of anothr band back there in promises of greener pastures, it could have just as well back fired just the same. Even more so with bonham not wanting to travel due to his family ties. It kinda weird to say jimmy made robert talent is not given, chance is so i mean if anything he just gave him a chance to shine before anyone else had. Trust you me if jimmy didnt snag him soon, another band would have no problem. just my two cents

Well i mean Although jimmy did snag robert out of anothr band back there in promises of greener pastures, it could have just as well back fired just the same. Even more so with bonham not wanting to travel due to his family ties. It kinda weird to say jimmy made robert talent is not given, chance is so i mean if anything he just gave him a chance to shine before anyone else had. Trust you me if jimmy didnt snag him soon, another band would have no problem. just my two cents

Didn't you know Jimmy taught him how to sing! :rolleyes:

how about ANYTHING that has NO resemblance to zeppelin or john bonham whatsoever.

some of these names are just bad.

the one name that was mentioned and is sticking in my head is "Phoenix".

Oh oh oh!! I like that one too! (that was me who suggested Phoenix Rising :lol: )

Just Pheonix is really, really nice though....I like it!

Archived